Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

Originally posted by Usurpo

*kicks AIVAS out of the way so he can get the download*

50%...hah! I am winning!

Cable modem! I've had it already done siince about 36 seconds after he posted it, and playing this in windowed mode! I'm in the tie advance (neat SFX for it's lasers) and I just attempted to fly through the large asteroid and crashed, not all that much room to actually manuver.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gave it a quick test...

Isn't it a bit dumb having the rebels as the red team, and the empire as the blue team?? Cause then the rebs have red sabers.... ah thats it!! "rebs" = "red" I get it.

So yeah.... I expected there to be more ships actually....like...wheres the lamda shuttle? I know its a pile of **** to try and dogfight with but I think it should have still been added. I was hopeing there might be the "mil falc"...the inbuilt ones stuffed, doesn't mean another one cant be built.

Should be a fun map...got to get my regular used server to use it.

I have a cable modem too! LoL...besides, I was the first non-important person in the server! I was the first non-important to fight Chang! And almost win! [lol, what an epic fight...we both hit eachother in the end!]

Ah well. I am now in asteroid heaven...

Originally posted by Usurpo

I have a cable modem too! LoL...besides, I was the first non-important person in the server! I was the first non-important to fight Chang! And almost win! [lol, what an epic fight...we both hit eachother in the end!]

Ah well. I am now in asteroid heaven...

There are no unimportant people here:amidala:

Without you folks to enjoy these things, what's the point in making them?

I feel that the imperials are having a bad deal in asteroids, Their only advantage, which is speed in dogfighting, is more than outdone by the a-wing, as well as there is one imp ship usable with shields, and all the rebel ships have them.

I suggest comething like a tie defender, or one new other ship that can balance things out, and you can replace one of the bombers with it, as those seem to be the least popular imperial ship.

Why do you think the Rebels won the war?

To further explain myself, the Imperials were so set on the fact that they had spent a lot of resources in building the Death Star that they didnt further their technology on their smaller, fighter craft, although Vader saw it differently, hence the X/1 Prototype. With the source coding for the map, vehicles and code fixes being released soon, you can make your own Asteroids with a TIE/D and TIE Phantom and a B-WING and all that your heart desires.:) We just wanted to stick strictly with Original Trilogy vehicles that were available to use.

Originally posted by Andy867

Why do you think the Rebels won the war?

To further explain myself, the Imperials were so set on the fact that they had spent a lot of resources in building the Death Star that they didnt further their technology on their smaller, fighter craft, although Vader saw it differently, hence the X/1 Prototype. With the source coding for the map, vehicles and code fixes being released soon, you can make your own Asteroids with a TIE/D and TIE Phantom and a B-WING and all that your heart desires.:) We just wanted to stick strictly with Original Trilogy vehicles that were available to use.

Then perhaps someone will release a mapping/modding tutorial.

Andy if u wanted to stick to OT then u WOULD have changed z-95 to b-wing, as z-95 never was in any Star Wars movie.

So does the asteroids team split up now or will it handle other projects together? how about siege death star 1 and/or 2??? i wish!

i thnik asteroids is awesome apart from when i play on ur server Asteroid Space Combat server, as due to me living in australia i get serious lag, but once it ddrop to 4 or less ppl im ok

just hope for server near me soon! then i own,pwn or whatever EVERYONE!

o and during playing on the server, while u were on andy, i noticed that sometimes you cannot see any asteroids! though when i played it after 1 rotation it was all good, others had this problem 2 btw

anyway i lvoe this ad hope more maps come out for it, from u guys or others, maybe me?!

ps. love the start of the final trailer, u got my hopes up :p

Originally posted by Buffy

please help !

I tryed many times but I cant load Map in TFF :(

"Error:

Serverdisconnected

Unqure client detected

Invalid.pk3files

referenced !"

:confused:

As ChangKhan as said in the past, it is best to remove all NON-RAVEN pk3s from your base, since technically, the base folder is meant for only OFFICIAL files. in fact, its best if in the future, the only way to load up custom mods is through an unpure server that bases files out of a custom folder/mods directory within the gamedata folder. In either case remove the files, and you may play.

im in amidalas server but nobodys playing :( , the mods so much wanted, but nobody plays after its released.....makes me wonder. and Buffy ya gotta extrat the stuff to gamedata folder(extrat the files to where they want to be, dont take them off asteroids folder), run asteroids bat...should work. Andy i got lots of custom skins and stuff in base folder, and i can connect just fine..

Its a really slow time of day for the internet of the West at least - its kinda midday or after in Europe (ie working hours) and what, between 4 and 7 am in the US? Should be a lot busier in about 10-12 hours or so :)

Congratulations to the whole asteroids team for getting this project complete, it looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a go later today!

Originally posted by FunkMaestro

But there really arent many servers playing it, actually only one, and i got a "Server is for low pings only" error.

Be patient, its just released yesterday. After awhile a lot of servers will be playing it :)

Archived