Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

I see.....

A question: When i played KOTOR, the ships were flying so fast that I could not control it probably..... How u take the speed down, like in this map?

Also: Okay, fair enouge with duels... I would also have thought that a duel pit in the middle of nowhere would not be cool.... But what about in the hangars then?:) Ok.... NM...:(

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cey

I see.....

A question: When i played KOTOR, the ships were flying so fast that I could not control it probably..... How u take the speed down, like in this map?

Easy, just dont hold down spacebar all the time, just press it long enough to get a few feet above the platform, and then just push forward. and you can use (s) and © to slow down if going to fast

Originally posted by {CT}QuiJon

Man Khan let us have a beta to test on our servers, this one kicks a** over Kotor flight any day. One request would be a extra ship with missles on the Imperial side. Everything on rebel side seem to have some type of missle, maybe give the interceptor missles to help balance the awing which is the owning ship right now. Seems everytime we play it rebels own. Maybe not own, But are winning easily. Otherwise this is the shiznitz! Thanks for letting us test it out.

But you have to realize that FEW very of the Imperial ships even have missiles. Most just have Laser cannons for weapons. So The map is just being true to the Star Wars universe. And I have no problem flying an Imperial and easily whacking 10 ships before I get my butt handed to me. So I think its very balanced. Besides, the Z-95 may have missiles, but for what good unless you have a good eye-hand coordination since it doesn't have missile lock capabilities.

Originally posted by cey

I see.....

Also: Okay, fair enouge with duels... I would also have thought that a duel pit in the middle of nowhere would not be cool.... But what about in the hangars then?:) Ok.... NM...:(

Well the problem with KOTOR was that it was way too small... probably because the mapper didn't know about the distancecull option to make it so that you can see the whole map at the same time. So the ships fly very fast and get around that map too quickly.

I didn't know if this matter had been addressed before, so please forgive me if it has. In KOTOR flight school, the ships "disappeared" after moving so far away, so, will you be doing something to let the ships stay visible, it looks like you did in the trailer, but I just wanna make sure. Other than that very small question, this mod brings down the house!

Originally posted by Godzilla

I didn't know if this matter had been addressed before, so please forgive me if it has. In KOTOR flight school, the ships "disappeared" after moving so far away, so, will you be doing something to let the ships stay visible, it looks like you did in the trailer, but I just wanna make sure. Other than that very small question, this mod brings down the house!

Yes, that is the "distancecull" issue I was talking about. In the Asteroids map, you can see the entire asteroid field and everyone in it at all times.

Yea and I know this for a fact, because I've been picked off by Mike, who has been like on the other side of the asteroid belt... :(;) (course I was hurt, but the fact is he killed me from like 30-some thousand units away or so. possibly farther. It sucked ;)

Originally posted by Andy867

Yea and I know this for a fact, because I've been picked off by Mike, who has been like on the other side of the asteroid belt... :(;) (course I was hurt, but the fact is he killed me from like 30-some thousand units away or so. possibly farther. It sucked ;)

<khangasm>

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Yes, that is the "distancecull" issue I was talking about. In the Asteroids map, you can see the entire asteroid field and everyone in it at all times.

so, that's why most maps are messed up like that... and it kills livingdeadjedi's maps (carbonfreeze2 and the update sarlacc map, to name a couple). :(

Archived