Home

Its time (rant about lack of JA players lately)

w00ki3

Originally posted by Radd

Like a block and kick combo, or a twirl or something, so that different players play differently

Blocks will never work online (well in the near future), i'm sorry to say

I don't think they are fine I think they are the lamest. In most games a special move is hard to pull off in JKA. It's mouse 1 and mouse 2 and there ya go.

Lunge them to death, very very simple and you usually get more kills than them.

If they did make another patch they should get rid of the katas they just cheapen the game play. I fined full force weapons FFAs tend to have few people doing katas they are to busy trying not to get pushed of a ledge or dogging rockets. lol

Adapt or you'll suck at the game and get frustrated.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Lunge them to death, very very simple and you usually get more kills than them.

I role stab it's faster and I already stated that I do get more kills than them.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Adapt or you'll suck at the game and get frustrated.

I already did and I'm pretty decent at the game. Just because I have come to terms with the stupid movies doesn't mean I can't b!tch about them.;)

Duty i know perfectly well what an average is.

Sometimes average means normal(which is not 400 players), other times it its a number in the middle but the usual average, which some are familiar with, called the arithmetic mean, is calculated by summing all the values of something and then dividing by the number of values you used

Originally posted by gotcha8903

btw, KOTOR is also taking up a lot of the JA players, about half of my clan is playing it instead. but after everyone gets bored of the sp, im sure more people while be on.

That's for sure. It has taken most of my game-playing time of late. At first the KOTOR board at lucasforums was really quite. But the activity has steadily picked up.

As for JA, hasn't this issue been discussed to death long ago. I know it is an "I told you so" thread, but is it really worth bring up again? In any event, like the majority of games, I suppose that most people playing are in SP anyway. :)

Duty, why have you stuck around so long if the game/situation makes you so upset? Why not just go to another game if JA makes you unhappy? If the game is dead for you, why not move on?

Personally, I haven't seen too much of a drop in players, but then again, I spend almost all my JA MP time on the Chop Shop servers. They always seem to be pretty busy.

I've not stuck around.

I've came to visit a community and found there wasn't one.

And really, this 'I'ver sine fousands players' bs is just that. bs. Where are they all?

The duel servers are empty. Theres 4 european duel servers. I remember when I first joined JK2, there were hundreds of duel servers, all packed with queues of 5 and 6. Now theres 3 euro servers that are predominantly empty...

Ctf servers. Where? Theres 4 I can see. 3 are always empty. All 4 run xmod...saying something about baseja maybe?

Powerduel. ROFL. Thats as dead as the dodo.

Seige. Bugged to hell, but theres some players. Servers lag due to unresolved box problems (after 6 months). Filled with nubs that run around with the sceptar screeching 'I EM EVIL; SIFF LURD'

ffa. LOL. ffa. 70% are rpg noobs and the other 30% are HONORZ junkies who get off by talking about how many honorz points they won.

thnx.

Try not be to so condescending, chief. This has nothing to do with Raven listening to bad players. If Jedi Academy is such a catostrophy, I ask you, why didn't everyone go back to Jedi Outcast?

Only great games stand the test of time. Jedi Outcast was good, but it wasn't great. It has its problems, like most games. It just wasn't that captivating. Jedi Academy was only a mod of Jedi Outcast. Anything that would cause Jedi Academy to have a smaller player base is because people are sick of the game. Not because the game play is shot to hell.

And there are three types of averages: mean, mode and median. Obviously, if your data and calculations do not reflect the real world implications, your data and calculations are wrong.

You predicted nothing.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You people are nothing more than what you proclaim to hate. You sit there and complain, all the while acting condescending and superior because your whining is about a different subject.

For your information: I never roleplay. When I come across a roleplaying server, I don't log off and come crying to a forum. I disconnect and go to a different server.

All I'm asking is that Duty (and other like-minded people) stop acting like as if they could code a better game.

Though I'm asking you to go play in a four-lane highway during rush hour, just as a personal favor to every person in the entire world.

yea so we should lock thread like those huh?

i dont find a forum with topic such as

"can my computer handdle jka"

"texture problem"

"LOL DARFT FARTER"

etc

etc

etc

intersting

in fact the honorz debate and such are quite entertaining

and btw hes stating fact about how JKA comunity is going

This might sound dump but i think more topic like those are needed...for multiple reason that im too lazy to type cuz im busy laming power d00lz server

Originally posted by Datheus

All I'm asking is that Duty (and other like-minded people) stop acting like as if they could code a better game.

What's that got to do with coding? Coding is the realization of a concept. You don't need coding skills to design a map, weapon placement, weapon properties, etc. It's the modified q3 engine btw. the major part (the real complicated ****) of coding was accomplished by idsoftware.

And for JA, it's a simple modification of their JO code. Some code for the new sabers and cr. That's it. Oh, yes and some nerfing, to piss of the remains of the competitive community.

Duty is right. I couldn't find an euro game with ase. A lot of servers have become pretty empty. That's cause the game sucks and bores. Anyway it doesn't matter if raven tries to fix it or not.

The game is dead imo.

I role stab it's faster and I already stated that I do get more kills than them.

Well why do you want rid of them if they are balanced (you don't use them and you still win)?

Just because I have come to terms with the stupid movies doesn't mean I can't b!tch about them.

But they're not stupid, I've duelled many people and killed them with katas.. they're surprising since they are neglected(except in ffa)

Also in ffa, I'm sure you'll find that the better players do both, use the katas and counter them, are you trying to make the game more shallow?

Yeah its true not too many people are playing JA, i think it is because of the maps, compared to JO maps, this ones bore you after some minutes.

There are loads playing JA, have a look in ASE, also, the maps imo and lots of other people's are 10 times better than JK2's excuse for maps.

Tatooine or that daft raven star map?

Imperial control room or temple? :rolleyes:

That sounded harsh so don't take it too seriously

and btw hes stating fact about how JKA comunity is going

No, fact is solid truth, it is false that there are 400 average players so.... dat's bs.

I think you'll find that there are plenty of people here, considering the amount of posts that have been contributed and the amount of people playing the game.

I remember when I first joined JK2, there were hundreds of duel servers

There were over 600 duel servers when ja came out, so what? No game's server count has gone up from the 2nd month(the peak should be at the very beginning or aroudn this time) to the 4th month in it's life with the exception of UT,CS and BF1942 and a few other games (NOT MANY). It doesn't really mean anything.

all packed with queues of 5 and 6

Well those people were pretty daft, It sucks alot to wait in a queue with more than 4 people unless you know them. (not that i sit in the queue alot tbh ;))

Side,

Why are you here, you clearly despise the game and have no intention of contributing anything. You just sit and tell us how the game sucks and the community is dead.

"texture problem"

"LOL DARFT FARTER"

etc

etc

etc

intersting

Then why are you here?

This might sound dump but i think more topic like those are needed...for multiple reason that im too lazy to type cuz im busy laming power d00lz server

So you can make smartarse comments all day which have no real use? What happened to seeing what other people's opinions were on certain aspects and seeing how it could be improved. Now it's take everything as a whole and say it's sh*te.

The duel servers are empty. Theres 4 european duel servers.

No, there's 50 euro duels I can see (prob much more). the american servers happen to be more populated though. :p

ibsyounot.jpg

Wow! look, you're wrong - again! it's even filtered with no bots. :rolleyes:

There's also 14 basejk ctf servers (32 in total)

7 xmod servers and the others are mostly daft admin mods.

I can see 46 Seige servers with quite alot of players

Only 11 power duel servers but what do you expect with a badly thought-out gametype(why not let us choose out amount of players in a duelish way instead of tellingu s to paly tffa??)

you could argue all day about percentage of active server(400 server or close to,with 1200 player,400) but the fact is

IT DEATH it already freakin death

of course there will be new people buying the game but their going to get bores like many people,or get /amlamed by any abusive admin

(sorry for this one but i dont quote people anymore)

It entertaining that why im here,i like to read those kind of stuff and i like to throw my 2cent

i rarely post in topic such as those i named before

Originally posted by Side

yea so we should lock thread like those huh?

"texture problem"

"LOL DARFT FARTER"

etc

etc

etc

intersting

in fact the honorz debate and such are quite entertaining

You're not debating. You're being condescending. Telling me to /amsit next to my e-jedi girl friend has nothing to do with debate.

So what if people role play? Go to a different server. I avoid clan servers because I know that is common there. So intead of acting like everyone who roles players is a ****ing leper, just go to a different server.

You think any game is different? I gave up on Unreal Tournament because every server was "One shot kill, sniper rifle, tiny players". Some people like that. Apparently many people do. So you know what? Instead of whining like a little bitch, while pointing the finger at others in a complete act of doublethink, I WENT AWAY. Please do the same.

Like I said, my problem isn't a discussion about game play. But don't mock people as if they should be removed from the face of the earth just because they don't feel the same way as you.

And I know I'm doing the same to you, but you know, sometimes the ends justify the means. I don't know what makes you tick, but I hope it's a time bomb.

Who said i join "rpg" server first?

ok....maybe i join rpg server but im just having fun raising chaos in them,hell i think ive been laming too much lately(specialy Warcraft Uprising power duel)

and what i mean by death is

Competition is really...really low

now back on topic

we usualy play on ms3 server(CTF Server) me and some clanmate and other CTF s/o clan

It filled with newbies now(sorry for the theme but i dont see how i can call those)

They got no idea how to play they just keep slashing around killing people that doesnt have the flag or are siting somewhere it kinda sad really,i even tried to teach them how to pull throw kick or grip kick and such but for some reason their shy....what i mean is they dont answer or they just reply "that freaking lame".....see that dumb seriously who care if it lame the question would be is it effective?

Yea it is and it way better than just flailing around or kata'ing 100 time and pray that he hit something one day

No **** it boring people doesnt want to learn from other cuz of what again?

THE FREAKING RPG MENTALITY

NO ONE IS A REAL JEDI FFS it a freaking game chek out other game they use any cheap(effective) tactic or strat to win

why cant it work the same for JKA?

Originally posted by Side

Who said i join "rpg" server first?

ok....maybe i join rpg server but im just having fun raising chaos in them,hell i think ive been laming too much lately(specialy Warcraft Uprising power duel)

and what i mean by death is

Competition is really...really low

now back on topic

we usualy play on ms3 server(CTF Server) me and some clanmate and other CTF s/o clan

It filled with newbies now(sorry for the theme but i dont see how i can call those)

They got no idea how to play they just keep slashing around killing people that doesnt have the flag or are siting somewhere it kinda sad really,i even tried to teach them how to pull throw kick or grip kick and such but for some reason their shy....what i mean is they dont answer or they just reply "that freaking lame".....see that dumb seriously who care if it lame the question would be is it effective?

Yea it is and it way better than just flailing around or kata'ing 100 time and pray that he hit something one day

No **** it boring people doesnt want to learn from other cuz of what again?

THE FREAKING RPG MENTALITY

NO ONE IS A REAL JEDI FFS it a freaking game chek out other game they use any cheap(effective) tactic or strat to win

why cant it work the same for JKA?

Plenty of people ARE playing the game and having fun, whether you agree or like it or not. Try playing more and posting less utter bull****.

0-o

Originally posted by Duty

I've not stuck around.

Or at least not one that you like ;)

And really, this 'I'ver sine fousands players' bs is just that. bs. Where are they all?

Well, using the All Seeing Eye, from here in Canada at about 8:45pm local time I see:

FFA: 83 servers with 1123 players

Duel: 50 servers with 341 players

Seige: 20 servers with 271 players

Power Duel: 7 servers with 63 players

Team FFA: 3 servers with 32 players

CTF: 6 servers with 102 players

That is with empty/bots/password servers filtered out.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I see many players, and at least enough to find a game whenever I want to play. And I mean a game, not RPGing, chatting, or whatever. I can't stand that stuff myself.

I find the Chop Shop servers the best, IMO.

The duel servers are empty.

From what my game can see, this isn't the case.

Ctf servers. Where?

Gone for the most part. Competative players didn't like it, and I don't think that CTF was ever that popular with the casual set. At least, even in JO there didn't seem to be many servers that I could see. Who knows. I don't play it, so I don't particularly care.

Powerduel. ROFL. Thats as dead as the dodo.

A stillbirth really. Of all the gametypes that have come down the pipe in the JK games, FFA and Duel have always been the most popular. Probably always will be. It seems the majority of the community resides there.

Servers lag due to unresolved box problems (after 6 months).

The game hasn't been out 6 months. Just teasing... :)

Filled with nubs that run around with the sceptar screeching 'I EM EVIL; SIFF LURD'

ffa. LOL. ffa. 70% are rpg noobs and the other 30% are HONORZ junkies who get off by talking about how many honorz points they won.

I agree that there is far to much of that sort of thing. But I eventually find a good game. Now that I know what servers I like, I never encounter other players like that. :)

ive been playing jedi knight series game a **** load of time

and where did i said it wasnt fun?

im having fun playin ctf with my clanmates or playing versus other clan

and im having a lot more fun laming power duel server,ffa server

and please dont deny,too many people are taking this game WAY TOO SERIOUSLY

i ever saw people having a battle with people set with dark force versus light force and constanly spam "THE LIGHT WILL PREVAIL THE DARKNESS" and some douche bag admin was using empower saying HE WAS THE DARTH SOMEONE

jesus christ that just ridiculous

and i was there pull throwing, backstabing w/ protect on or rage on and racking kill and got banned

what for?

cuz i used a "non-rpg" style

so how should i play?

run around and constanly flail the saber?

there tons of server like and there tons of people gettin on these server and getting addicted to RPG mentality

Archived