Home

Its time (rant about lack of JA players lately)

w00ki3

This is just going to be one of them nifty little threads where everyone preaches the same opinion back and forth. Accomplishing nothing, but to take up space on a server somewhere. :rolleyes:

From what I can tell nobody is being convened either way why bother. If you don't like the game don't play it and don't try to make other people hate it, because you don't like it. Same for the people that think it's just fine.:o

There are things about the game I like and don't like. My mined is made up on those. I still play.:rolleyes:

I pop into a server I don't like I look for another one. I buy a game I don't like. I play another one.... blah blah blah:o

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gj the "oh i gat mah ase wif mah sup3r sc0nn0r" people.

Aswell as being unreliable, ASE stores old players on now inactive/crashed servers and records them as current players. The 'no bots' button indeed doesn't work either. so please, stfd and stfu.Thnx;)

You know how ridiculous you sound when you say this game is 'popular'? The game can't be taken seriously competetively. I'm not interested in your Aunt Sally who played for Dopplemere Juniors Clan. Admittedly, some ignorant/uninformed people play the game under the pretence of it being problem free, on the most part, few do.

Besides the gross hit detection and damage decisions (once a hit is detected), so many features have been removed (and replaced with useless 'movie like' ones), that the game gets boring fast.

The number of effective moves against anyone who has the slightest skill at the game is limited. Boring.

That leaves a few nubs who don't play the game, just rpg; A few people who are literally mentally retarded (who walk around slowly, with the odd flail)); A few people who think they are the pwn3r of the pwn3rs (who in reality can't mash buttons fast enough); And an extreme minority of people who know what they're doing, but get so bored of the game, they play it irregularly.

Everyone fits into those catagories. So if you don't find the game boring after a few days/weeks, draw your own conclusions.

Thnx;) .

side just give it a rest bro, this game was stillborn and we all knew it from the day we first saw the beta in action.

Lucas Forums is full of mainly star wars fans, not serious gamers.

You're never going to get people here to understand that there are people like us, who played this game because it was unique diversion from traditional first person shooters.

For them (and the people left in this community) it's all about reenacting the star wars experience, hence the childish hostility you receive from them when you interrupt their role playing sessions on public FFA servers or these forums.

For whatever reason Raven decided to take the game in this "role playing" direction to appease this section of the community.

Oddly enough Outcast had far grater sales in the first few months than Academy has had/will have in the months to come, had/will have a much larger/longer lasting, thriving community than Academy will ever have, but **** happens man, it was just not meant to be.

They listened to newbie’s before and got ****ty patches; they did it again and got a game that has less people buying/playing it (only 4 months after release, no less) than some games that have been around 4 years do.

Side you and I could sit here and debate for hours on who the best players and clans were in Outcast because it had such a large and thriving skilled player base, hell it would take us hours just to agree on the players/clans from each patch.

But Jedi Academy?

Heh, simple answer.

No one ever accomplished anything in this game; no one cared about it because it was so damn flawed.

Just let it go man, let the newbie’s have their darth yoda orgies on ffa servers and do what most of us have, move on into gaming communities that have more than 2 decent servers and 12 good players.

Just remember side, people like us, [div3rse], {FK}, Sanguis Frater, we pioneered the moves and game play tactics that these idiots bitch about and it was that extra effort we put in that allowed us to dominate anyone and everyone we ever faced in both of these games.

I’m perfectly content going out on top; I suggest you consider that option man, because if you’re looking for a rebirth of the good old days of full servers full of elite players, it’s never going to happen.

So add me to the list of "I told you so" because, I actually did way back but none of you wanted to listen.

Ok, now I'm really done.

:p

To me this game seemed pretty much dead on arrival. I have played jedi outcast SP more times than i can remember and have made at least 20 unreleased SP maps for it. In all it was the greatest game i ever played in terms of action and star wars immersion. This game however, it seemed like the devs wanted to do too much in a short span of time and it showed. The levels weren't all that captivating, even though some were more open and the "nonlinearity" came off to me as nothing more than a gimmick for supposed replay value of which there was little. Yeah you could play as a different Jaden but the differences were at most, cosmetic. The levels got boring as well, like the one where you get captured and have to find your saber. I wanted to slice up those dudes and yet i had to spend the whole time there looking for the saber. The "tremors" planet was also pretty boring as i never felt like i was going to be eaten and was never at once "scared". MP wasn't anything to hoot about either as i played a few games online. Joystick support was nonexistant for MP, unlike outcast and i wont even get into the lack of a first peson saber option for SP and it isn't CG_FPLS 1. Support for this game just seemed rather half-assed, even when it came to a patch the most i could get was 30 frames per second with high end hardware. I think this game was an expansion just given a new name, and truthfully i think the devs had that in mind from the beginning.

Needless to say, this game is dying and only the truly hardcore will stick with it. I only come here once in a while now to see if a miracle has occurred and someone cracked the sp code or developed a mod that will enable better features, but sadly, it has not happened nor do i see it happening. Maybe next game?

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

This game however, it seemed like the devs wanted to do too much in a short span of time and it showed. The levels weren't all that captivating, even though some were more open and the "nonlinearity" came off to me as nothing more than a gimmick for supposed replay value of which there was little. Yeah you could play as a different Jaden but the differences were at most, cosmetic.

This is true storywise. KOTOR seems to have succeeded where JA has failed in this regard. In KOTOR the nonlinearity is its strength, where as with JA it is its weakness.

I still play JA from time to time, both MP and SP, but I am no where near as involved as I was at this point with JO. For me, this is mainly to do with the fact that it is similar to JO, as opposed to a completely new game.

Another issue in terms of numbers of players is that apart from not appealing to competative players, KOTOR (and to a lesser extend Galaxies?) has taken away many people who are looking for "Star Wars immersion". So not only has the game lost players from the competative end, but it is also losing from the "Star Wars gamer" side.

And as Side and FK | unnamed have said, there are way to many "honour" players plaguing the servers. Even though the competative community has found JA not to be to their liking, I suspect that there would be many more casual players actually playing the game (i.e. trying to frag each other) if there wasn't so much foolishness about honour causing "average" players to give it up.

As for you competative players, recently there seemed to be some excitement about XMod2 possibly being a reason for competative players to return to JA. Has this happened? If not, why did it fail? Just curious.

See this newbie right above side's post ^ ?

That mentality is the reason why this community is in the toilet.

1-I'm willing to bet he has no clue that there was a much larger world in this game outside of his little role playing honor servers.

A world where thousands of players only played this game for the sole purpose of competing against each other globally to prove who is the absolute best in this game.

2-To this guy, being "the best ever" probably means being some jackass newbie that ran around on FFA servers going "press k duel me!" He has no clue just how fierce and active the competitive scene once was in this series, and he sure as hell would never be able to compete in that scene himself with his idiotic newbie attitude.

3-The fact is, in most games getting better is something most players strive for, not to mention, other players actually look up to those who do have skill instead of bashing them constantly.

But oh no, not in this community, the better you get, the more **** you have to listen to from these whiny star wars geeks who always want to bitch, piss and moan about every damn thing their fat stubby little fingers can't react fast enough to.

"whaa whaaa kicks are lame/back stab whores/DFA spammers/lightning whores whaaa whaaa"

Breaking news:

Most of you, hell damn near all of you sucked at Outcast and suck at Academy.

Did you ever compete against me or clans like [div3rse] or FK/SF in the last year and a half?

No?

Then you never saw just how far “the other half” took this game.

Sorry, it's true, you people did and do suck badly compared to people like side and myself and our respective clans.

But you would not know that would you?

Of course not.

The second one of us comes to your little RPG servers and starts raping you; we get kicked and banned almost instantly.

Oh and god knows you newbie's won't dare set foot on our servers, you know the ones where people actually... play and do nothing else.

I loved watching you people accidentally connect to our servers from time to time, have your ass handed to you, then the standard "FAGGOT PUSSY LAMERS" right before you did the /disconnect.

JediCrow or whatever your name is, the sad fact is you are a bitter newbie who never accomplished **** in this game and look for every opportunity to lash out at those who did.

Just a simple dime a dozen random no-name newbie, like so may I have encountered before.

Does saying that make me an elitist asshole?

Sure, but you know what?

I earned that right.

Everyone else who had a flawless record for a year and a half of competitive 1v1 league/ladder play, please raise their hand.

Don't see many hands going up other than mine.

Hell, even the "great" ArtifeX could not hang with people past 1.02...

You newbie's like to bow?

Then bow before the people who did and always will own your happy ass.

In the 2 weeks before Christmas there were over 2x more people playing JK2 than JA online (according to ASE), though JA has consistently had slightly more servers and more player slots than JK2.

From what I saw, JA was in the lead ever since the patch came out, this was the exception.

That is now no longer the case.

Now JA outnumbers JK2 (just did a check at 3:30 pm CST today, January 6, 2004):

JA: 468 servers, 1107 players (of 5491 possible)

JK2: 391 servers, 842 players (of 4764 possible)

Chalk it up to Xmas presents and people coming back after vacation?

Most JA players are playing FFA (though Duel and Siege are far behind, they are close to each other in numbers of players), using some kind of Mod, all weapons, some force disabled, 1.01 patch.

Most JK2 players are playing FFA with CTF in second place (and everything else is virtually nonexistent except Duel which is still far behind CTF and slightly above "Other" which is the only other category worth mentioning), "Jedi Academy Mod" is the most popular, with "none" (no mods) being slightly below that and the rest of the mods not worth mentioning, Sabers Only is more popular with Full Force. 1.04 is used by the majority, with still a sizable number of people using 1.02 though.

Once I get back home in a few days, my server's going back up so you'll see again my modest contribution to the community. ; )

Well your using ase, which I've said isn't the true number.

But wtf? You comparing server figures from a 4 month old game to a 3 year old game. You find the figures are

slightly higher
and you think thats cause to celebrate?

And jedi Crow, Stfu you stupid nub. Jedi Crow...errr...err no never heard of you. You know those guys in star trek that beam down first and get blown to ****...Thats you. Unnamed is known to anyone who played jk2 with any sort of skill, so yes he has earned the respect. No you could never be considered even. You=nub. He=good.

The fact you don't know who unnamed is, proves his point that your an arrogant, ignorant fool.

I'll stay casual

Thats his point you moron. You have no idea how competetive clans played. They didn't run around flailing a saber here and there, bowing before killing a guy and spanking each other for chatkillin.

But you know, you're right. People here don't give a ****. How many competetive players visit here unless they want to piss themselves reading the 'how du aye put rancor in mah game' questions and the recent problems of mrs chewbacca not visiting her rpg server.

These forums are filled with people just like you (see above).

And the only reason I posted here is to gloat and gloating I am.

Originally posted by JediCrow

Go play Counterstrike or something. You surely are not wanted here by the majority.

Too bad both camps couldn't be happy here. I don't see why me being a casual player means I have to hate competative players. Granted, some don't seem to be happy with the way I want to play, but that's their perogative. I'd love to have the competative players hang around as well as the casual players. But that's just a pipe dream.

Oh well, back to flaming honour players... :)

Not everyone's like that prime, just people like this random jedi guy who apparantly 'owns'...because his mom told him he did.

Master william: Maybe you weren't in the competetive jk2 community. If you were, then I'm afraid you too were ignorant.

Thnx;) .

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

See this newbie right above side's post ^ ?

That mentality is the reason why this community is in the toilet.

1-I'm willing to bet he has no clue that there was a much larger world in this game outside of his little role playing honor servers.

A world where thousands of players only played this game for the sole purpose of competing against each other globally to prove who is the absolute best in this game.

2-To this guy, being "the best ever" probably means being some jackass newbie that ran around on FFA servers going "press k duel me!" He has no clue just how fierce and active the competitive scene once was in this series, and he sure as hell would never be able to compete in that scene himself with his idiotic newbie attitude.

3-The fact is, in most games getting better is something most players strive for, not to mention, other players actually look up to those who do have skill instead of bashing them constantly.

But oh no, not in this community, the better you get, the more **** you have to listen to from these whiny star wars geeks who always want to bitch, piss and moan about every damn thing their fat stubby little fingers can't react fast enough to.

"whaa whaaa kicks are lame/back stab whores/DFA spammers/lightning whores whaaa whaaa"

Breaking news:

Most of you, hell damn near all of you sucked at Outcast and suck at Academy.

Did you ever compete against me or clans like [div3rse] or FK/SF in the last year and a half?

No?

Then you never saw just how far “the other half” took this game.

Sorry, it's true, you people did and do suck badly compared to people like side and myself and our respective clans.

But you would not know that would you?

Of course not.

The second one of us comes to your little RPG servers and starts raping you; we get kicked and banned almost instantly.

Oh and god knows you newbie's won't dare set foot on our servers, you know the ones where people actually... play and do nothing else.

I loved watching you people accidentally connect to our servers from time to time, have your ass handed to you, then the standard "FAGGOT PUSSY LAMERS" right before you did the /disconnect.

JediCrow or whatever your name is, the sad fact is you are a bitter newbie who never accomplished **** in this game and look for every opportunity to lash out at those who did.

Just a simple dime a dozen random no-name newbie, like so may I have encountered before.

Sure, but you know what?

I earned that right.

Everyone else who had a flawless record for a year and a half of competitive 1v1 league/ladder play, please raise their hand.

Hell, even the "great" ArtifeX could not hang with people past 1.02...

Heh? I thought you are done.

I have read this childish crap long enough. I have to throw my 2 cents into this bottomless well.

Just for starters here are some thing I have done and do in real life that actually mean something.

1st. I spent 4 years In the USMC. I got out as Cpl and I was a Team leader in a Infantry line company. Awaiting my Honorable Discharge at the end of my 4 years as inactive reserve next year.

2nd. I take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a real sport and a martial art. I will probably start competing sometime this year.

3rd. I'm working on a degree in computer science.

4th. I work in two mental hospitals part time. One for children and one for criminals now that's what I call a drain.:o Ahh, but someone has to do it and most other people are to scared they come in and leave in a day or two after getting jumped by the MR guy that stomped his mom to death.

5th. I only started Jedi Knight game with JK2. What a noob I am. woopidy doo.

Why did I mention these things?

1. They are real accomplishments or goals and they mean something in real life. All except the 5th that means JACK SH!T.

It's a game what does it matter who accomplishes what as long as you have fun? If you don't have fun playing with so called noobs play with your so called elitist. If you don't like JKA play JK2 simple stupid I would say.

Sure, but you know what?

I earned that right.

Sorry kid "I say kid I hope a adult wouldn't make so much out of this" you haven't earned anything from me. When I was in the Marines I had more respect for 17 year old "boots = newbies" PVTs than I do for the supposedly elitist player in this game.

Have you ever had to teach 4 or 5 "17-18" year old kids to clear a building? With M16s and SAWs loaded with live ammunition? My 1st time doing that I was sure one of them boot's were going to shoot me in the back. I'm still here.;)

The only thing you own is this game.:p Have you ever done anything real in life? I seriously can't tell. Odd you put so much enfuses on this game. Like it really means anything.

The honor players, the elitist clanners, and the RPGers are all screwed up. Why you might ask? Simple, because you all have made this game into something it wasn't supposed to be. It's just fun recreation. With all this crap it's not fun anymore.

Every time I go online to play and relax.

1st. I hit the Honor server and get kicked, because I killed the admin in a duel. Maybe I short some schmuck in the back, because he walked in the line of fire.

2nd. I connect to a RPG server and I'm greeted by some guy bowing to me and walking off to do a emote where he knells sticking his head in someone's butt. I have Screen Shots.

3rd. I hit the elitist clanner server. Where you have people that their only claim to fame is being at the top of a FFA game and calling everyone a "NOOB" or "I OWN YOU ALL". When I'm at the top I say Good Game or if everyone there is potty mouth I don't say anything at all.

Looking at all this I can also say this. Who am I to tell anyone else how to play the game they bought? Simple stupid again. I can't and nobody on here can make me play the way they want me to.

When I was in the the Marines and played JK2 in my spare time. Do you really think after spending a month in the field, 2 or 3 weeks at the rifle rang, or doing a BN squad competition. "REAL COMPETITION AGAINST REAL PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD" That I had any intent on spending money to get on line to compete for nothing other than to be good in a online "elitist" game. WHAT A JOKE. GET REAL LOL.

This is a really long post, but I'm trying to make a point and most likely will not succeed. There is only a handful of people on these forums that I can really relate to. Some of them I don't like, some of them I tolerate, and other I respect. I don't see any of them here.

I play this game after my Jiu-Jitsu class, after work, and after school. It's recreation nothing more.

JK2 was my first Jedi knight game too, in fact it was my first PC game period :D

One of the main reasons I play JKA so much, is because its so easy to film Star wars Fan films on there (thank you Spec. Mode)

I too have noticed an incredible amount of noobs on the servers.

Amidala, who runs the popular Chop Shop servers, has had to put messages on her servers telling people not to whine, and has blocked the word "lame" with ****

:D

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I have read this childish crap long enough. I have to throw my 2 cents into this bottomless well.

Just for starters here are some thing I have done and do in real life that actually mean something.

1st. I spent 4 years In the USMC. I got out as Cpl and I was a Team leader in a Infantry line company. Awaiting my Honorable Discharge at the end of my 4 years as inactive reserve next year.

2nd. I take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a real sport and a martial art. I will probably start competing sometime this year.

3rd. I'm working on a degree in computer science.

4th. I work in two mental hospitals part time. One for children and one for criminals now that's what I call a drain.:o Ahh, but someone has to do it and most other people are to scared they come in and leave in a day or two after getting jumped by the MR guy that stomped his mom to death.

5th. I only started Jedi Knight game with JK2. What a noob I am. woopidy doo.

Why did I mention these things?

1. They are real accomplishments or goals and they mean something in real life. All except the 5th that means JACK SH!T.

It's a game what does it matter who accomplishes what as long as you have fun? If you don't have fun playing with so called noobs play with your so called elitist. If you don't like JKA play JK2 simple stupid I would say.

Sorry kid "I say kid I hope a adult wouldn't make so much out of this" you haven't earned anything from me. When I was in the Marines I had more respect for 17 year old "boots = newbies" PVTs than I do for the supposedly elitist player in this game.

Have you ever had to teach 4 or 5 "17-18" year old kids to clear a building? With M16s and SAWs loaded with live ammunition? My 1st time doing that I was sure one of them boot's were going to shoot me in the back. I'm still here.;)

The only thing you own is this game.:p Have you ever done anything real in life? I seriously can't tell. Odd you put so much enfuses on this game. Like it really means anything.

The honor players, the elitist clanners, and the RPGers are all screwed up. Why you might ask? Simple, because you all have made this game into something it wasn't supposed to be. It's just fun recreation. With all this crap it's not fun anymore.

Every time I go online to play and relax.

1st. I hit the Honor server and get kicked, because I killed the admin in a duel. Maybe I short some schmuck in the back, because he walked in the line of fire.

2nd. I connect to a RPG server and I'm greeted by some guy bowing to me and walking off to do a emote where he knells sticking his head in someone's butt. I have Screen Shots.

3rd. I hit the elitist clanner server. Where you have people that their only claim to fame is being at the top of a FFA game and calling everyone a "NOOB" or "I OWN YOU ALL". When I'm at the top I say Good Game or if everyone there is potty mouth I don't say anything at all.

Looking at all this I can also say this. Who am I to tell anyone else how to play the game they bought? Simple stupid again. I can't and nobody on here can make me play the way they want me to.

When I was in the the Marines and played JK2 in my spare time. Do you really think after spending a month in the field, 2 or 3 weeks at the rifle rang, or doing a BN squad competition. "REAL COMPETITION AGAINST REAL PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD" That I had any intent on spending money to get on line to compete for nothing other than to be good in a online "elitist" game. WHAT A JOKE. GET REAL LOL.

This is a really long post, but I'm trying to make a point and most likely will not succeed. There is only a handful of people on these forums that I can really relate to. Some of them I don't like, some of them I tolerate, and other I respect. I don't see any of them here.

I play this game after my Jiu-Jitsu class, after work, and after school. It's recreation nothing more.

1-I'm by no means a "kid", I've been on my own and supporting myself since I was 18 (10 years now).

2-Although I did receive a scholarship, (which I did earn through hard work and dedication to my academics) I paid my own way through college by working full time as I went to school full time.

3-I would say that I have accomplished quite a bit in life so far.

At the age when most of my peers were just moving out of their parent’s basements or finishing up their stint at a local community college, I was putting a down payment on my house. I can honestly say that I live quite comfortably and am very proud of the level of financial security I've built for myself. Everything I have in life, I have worked my ass off for and I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it.

4-It's just a game to me as well, don't turn it personal and I won't. I, like anyone try to enjoy a simple diversion from the day to day bull**** of life by playing a fun game. The problem comes when no matter what I do, I have to listen to you people piss moan and whine about everything people like myself and side are able to do in these silly games that you can't.

Not to mention, we routinely are denied even the ability to play this silly game because whiny, bitter newbie's just /kickban anything they can't cope with.

I've been gaming online since the concept was born guy, and I've never seen a more bitter, childish, jealous, and just generally dysfunctional community than what I've witnessed in Outcast/Academy.

I mean really, how on Earth do you people expect a community to grow and thrive when the number one goal of mod makers, and most requested feature for mods, is the ability to ban players from servers with zero effort?

5-Jack just a friendly suggestion, take some remedial reading/grammar courses along with those Jiu-Jitsu classes, you're somewhat lacking in the department of the written word for a person your age.

No matter what you "wtf your dumb i pwn im amazing!!" idiots think (duty), ja isn't dead, its just full of saber down chit-chatting honor morons, who find it fun doing nothing at all, still... jka isn't dead.....nor is it very popular, why dont we do a little less chit-chating like them, and more playing the game not like them.

Originally posted by Master William

Your sarcasm is not funny.

LOL

WILLIAM, I enjoy reading your posts, but I dont get that at all.... no sarcasm intended fella... :confused:

and why do you get so irked at me mentioning KOTOR so much. :p

......After playing through it twice, its novelty has wained, ive gone back to playing Neverwinter Nights, and those damn fine XPacks they have :)

MTFBWYA

Archived