Home

Its time (rant about lack of JA players lately)

w00ki3

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Ok, now I'm really done.

:p

I really do hope so ! :p

Due to lack of interest in MP, I really cannot contrbute much to the argument, but I think all posters should endeavour to be civil to one another, despite differing views....

when I read these type of posts I am often reminded of a quote from Hamlet :

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

William Shakespeare / Hamlet

MTFBWYA

Astrotoy7 **Proud SW Fan** **Owner of 2 JA coasters**

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another perspective. I think a lot of people on both sides of the issue have some merit to their arguments.

First, it seems to me that the game is not as lacking for players as some people make it out to be.

On the other hand, the game itself does seem to be a bit lacking in a couple of areas. The combat was dumbed down. This really shows if you wer big on the JO mods that made the combat more complex and skill-based, hopefully mods like that will be made available for JA as they could go a long way towards fixing that problem.

The original multiplayer maps for JA, those that originally came with the game, just didn't seem as interesting as those that came with JO. People are already solving this problem with a lot of great maps. Still, JO has been out for a while now, so it'll take a bit of time for the JA mapping community to get to that level.

As for the 'movie like moves', I don't think they detract all that much from the game, but I do wish that other aspects of the combat hadn't been dumbed down. Again, though, I'd rather that the katas took more effort to pull off, and where likewise more useful, so it would be worth figuring out how to pull them off.

1-I'm by no means a "kid", I've been on my own and supporting myself since I was 18 (10 years now).

Twenty eight and still act like a "KID" over a game? Just a friendly suggestion. Maybe you need to get more of a personal life to go with your accomplishments. What do you think? If you don't want a guy three years younger than you to call you a kid than don't act like one.

2-Although I did receive a scholarship, (which I did earn through hard work and dedication to my academics) I paid my own way through college by working full time as I went to school full time.

I joined the military for lots of reasons. I can say that working and going to school for me is easier than what I did for my college money. I wasn't setting in a office or waiting on people at a drive through window.

I didn't have to go infantry. That is what I chose. My idea was "if your going to be in the military be what the military is about." The thing is now I don't want for anything, my school is paid, and I make my own hours in the job I do.

At the age when most of my peers were just moving out of their parent’s basements or finishing up their stint at a local community college, I was putting a down payment on my house. I can honestly say that I live quite comfortably and am very proud of the level of financial security I've built for myself. Everything I have in life, I have worked my ass off for and I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it.

Well good for you.

4-It's just a game to me as well, don't turn it personal and I won't. I, like anyone try to enjoy a simple diversion from the day to day bull**** of life by playing a fun game. The problem comes when no matter what I do, I have to listen to you people piss moan and whine about everything people like myself and side are able to do in these silly games that you can't.

LOL that is insulting. To think that you really think I care what you can do in a PC game. What are you doing walking on water? Wait a second it's a game it's not real so it's no big deal to walk on water. I had a game where you could play as a God lol. I bet I could do things in that game that you can't do in JK.

For the record. I don't cry or moan about people killing me in a game. That is childish to me. There are lots of things that I think are cheap and easy kills in games and even should be removed. Guess what if you better at making them cheap easy kills than I am defending them? More power to you.

Not to mention, we routinely are denied even the ability to play this silly game because whiny, bitter newbie's just /kickban anything they can't cope with.

Happens to me all the time. I'm running out of servers and it happened to me tonight.

Where are your clan mates? Isn't that the idea of making clan in a game community? So you can play together or against other clans using your own rules? Looks like there is lots of RPG clans and Honor clans doing this?

I've been gaming online since the concept was born guy, and I've never seen a more bitter, childish, jealous, and just generally dysfunctional community than what I've witnessed in Outcast/Academy.

I agree. I have seen it in other games I like; however, not to this extent. I can still go play SOFII or AVP2 and get capped the second I enter the game. That is the way it's suppose to be.

I get accused of cheating all the time in AVP2. I don't play a Marine, though I play the Alien. I am a Marine and I don't need to play one online.

I mean really, how on Earth do you people expect a community to grow and thrive when the number one goal of mod makers, and most requested feature for mods, is the ability to ban players from servers with zero effort?

Me lol I hate Admin mods more than anyone and I'm still willing to pay for an Anti Admin Mod.

5-Jack just a friendly suggestion, take some remedial reading/grammar courses along with those Jiu-Jitsu classes, you're somewhat lacking in the department of the written word for a person your age.

I will take them when you grow up and get a life outside of this game. How about that.

Remember "don't turn it personal and I won't."

I really don't disagree with anything you said, but you had to make a cheap shot. Funny you couldn't argue with anything I typed so you had to comment about how I typed it? Do you want to hit me in the nuts that bad, because I made a good point?

If I want to play the honor game, be part of something elite, or be competitive. I will go back in the Marines. I've been there, dune that, and got the T-Shirt. I where my Marine Corps shirts I don't where a JKA shirt.....

I could have all the spelling and grammar mistakes in the world and guess what the bottom line is?_______?

OR I have to spell it out for you in a thoroughly proofread sentence?

I didn't proofread this post! So I don't expect a A+ on structure or grammar. Sorry Professor FK | unnamed......:o

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

when I read these type of posts I am often reminded of a quote from Hamlet :

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

William Shakespeare / Hamlet

MTFBWYA

Astrotoy7 **Proud SW Fan** **Owner of 2 JA coasters**

I read your post right after I made mine. I was reminded of this quote by

Lucius Anneus Seneca

"Every co@k fights best on his own dunghill"

This thread is obviously not where I belong. So forget that I made any real sense out your meaningless little debate. Now you can go back to your co@k fighting over who can use a lightsaber better.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Master William

Ok, why does everyone have to tell us they are twenty eight or that they know some sort of karate, or that they have been marines? This has nothing to do with this. lol

LMAO !!! Thats the problem Will !! From reading these posts, you'd think most JA MP people are 28 yo guys who did kung fu(so they could beat up kids at school for their lunch money) and have been in boot camp(because they wanted to beat up people in different countries)

As for UnNamed, is your life story on Oprah next week ?? :violin:

Really, that wasn't necessary, you shouldn't have to justify whatever comments you make by your life experiences..... I'm quite willing to share *my* life experiences with you, in all their unsettling glory, starting with escaping civil war in my homeland, to the loss of 2 family members to cancer and a best friend to Heroin, PM me if you're interested further..... many people may have been through tougher times, it doesnt make an iota of difference as far as being civil to an essentially anonymous person your may/will never meet on a net forum.....

Once again, when anyones attitude suggests "I dont give a F**K how anyone else feels, but this is how I feel..." its neither constructive nor pleasant. Please remember too that there are youngsters on this forum too.......quite alot of them !

Too much testosterone !!! (excluding Amidala of course)

*walks off snickering* :D

MTFBWYA - READ MY DAMN SIG !!

ok guys stfu plz. I ain't got time to read your long essays on your life. I don't give a ****.

I don't give two ****s about you being in the marines. Assuming its true, you still gain zero respect. Go join the army, where the rest of the 'white trash' is and go die for a puddle of oil and a wad of green paper in some barren's pocket. gtfo here.

Random jedi guy, gtfo and go flail yourself and scream that you own and everyone else is lame. **** off. thnx;).

This isn't an arguement folks. Its not up for debate. The games simple, it bores, people leave, only the guys (rpg, TEH R34L MOV13 MAK3RZ) who never even play the game remain, mine and some others guys prophecy that said this would happens comes true.

I get to gloat. haha, I win.

The End.

Thnx;).

PS. wtf why haven't I been banned yet. You mods are getting sloppy.

Haha, there's nothing more pathetic than comparing your life achivements or complaining about the inadequateness of s.o. grammar in some gaming forum.

It's amusing how you waste time to present your life careers in endless essays to a community that couldn't care less.

Well to be honest, the off topic conversation was between myself and Jack; it didn't concern any of you.

You didn't have to read it, you didn't have to comment on it, and quite frankly, the opinions of a bunch of pimply faced teenage dragon ball Z fans who sit around masturbating to LotR and Matrix movie trailers means very little to me.

And Jack, my statement about taking adult education classes still stands my friend.

Being a person that hires individuals for a living, I can tell you that if your resume or personal presentation skills are anything like what I've encountered here, I would strongly suggest foregoing the corporate world and continue your current focus on menial labor as a lifelong career option.

Anyways, I've made my point.

You people are by and large morons, have a nice day.

Master William

Instead of wondering why. Try reading it and seeing the point I made.

Astrotoy7

Don't be a hypocrite and how old is to old for a kid to be told a game is just a game. By the way I don't give a F**k how you feel either. :)

Duty

Let me put this in terms you might understand.

G3T 4 L1F3 1T'S JUST 4 G4M3. Did I get that right? Nothing more needs to be said to you, because you won't understand.

Originally posted by InfErnO

It's a public forum.

You hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

This is a really long post, but I'm trying to make a point and most likely will not succeed. There is only a handful of people on these forums that I can really relate to. Some of them I don't like, some of them I tolerate, and other I respect. I don't see any of them here.

I didn't succeed. It all just became an invitation to flame me. Why, because I made a real observation about what all of you are crying over. It is more than obvious that this is all you have to base your life on and you can't see outside of the JKA game box. There is only 2 people that actually read what I posted and got anything out it.

FK|unnamed sees the same thing I see here. I will say that I was wrong to argue with him. He wants to play the game the same way I do. I'm just more tolerant of the way other people want to play.

Firstly, WILLIAM, that pic you have linked is PERFECT

Nonetheless,

Well to be honest, the off topic conversation was between myself and Jack; it didn't concern any of you.

You didn't have to read it, you didn't have to comment on it, and quite frankly, the opinions of a bunch of pimply faced teenage dragon ball Z fans who sit around masturbating to LotR and Matrix movie trailers means very little to me.

*you* hire people for a living.... can't say I'm surprised, you do seem warm and friendly...

You should perhaps PM your buddy Jack there.... you really are the king of generalisations, Darth Pantera, I remember a beautiful tirade you once wrote on 'sandal wearing tree hugging hippies'....... you shouldnt alienate the poor teenz, its a fun and confusing part of life, a poor kid getting in *this* forum and reading *this* thread would feel put off abot JA/MP, the less ppl play the less Raven or LA will endeavour to do for gamers the future, which I think is a bad thing.....

I dont know about LOTR and The Matrix, but The EpIII trailer may indeed get me quite excited !!! :p

MTFBWYA

Archived