Home

The Refre§h Gaming Project

Codster

Hi everyone.

In a attempt to get this game rolling, we started a gaming project to organize players of the game to start teams and organize matchs and such.

Beleave it or not this game is NOT dead. It's just people saying it over and over that make you think that.

So..those who love the game and would like to sign up go ahead. Don't wait til the project is a success to sign up..that accomplishes nothing. Sign-up on the boards and post away if you like.

Any questions can be directed at me by reply to this or on the refresh boards.. please make this a success. If it works it will save the game

-Thanks

Cody

I support Codster and encourage people to go to http://www.firetrill.com/ and register. If you were too intimidated to participate in team games before because you are just a beginner or a casual recreational player (the majority), this is a chance to play with other people of similar skill\experience levels for fun.

And to those who will say "too little, too late" etc. etc., yes you were absolutely right. A combination of bad decisions and bad luck killed off the serious competitive community for this game, may it rest in peace. This is not designed to resuscitate the serious competitive community that has already moved on to other games. That doesn't change the fact that there are still hundreds of people around the world playing this game, and many of them would like to have some way of organizing informal team competitions.

If you are a beginner\intermediate or casual recreational player who would like to try something new, register at http://www.firetrill.com and check it out.

Stubert and Codster I thought you guys had given up after twl fell.

Well anyway, stuberts red slushie mod is really nice. For you q3 people, its similar to Orange Slushie (OSP). It big time improves the game, by fixing elevators, making the flag transparaent so people can gun in third person.

Bring back the community.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

This is not designed to resuscitate the serious competitive community that has already moved on to other games.

I thought XMod2 was supposed to resuscitate the competative community. Has this not happened?

Although drastically helped by xmod2, a community cannot survive on a game based on random physics and poorly coded detection.

Plus, they removed so many features that JA is sooo boring. At least with JK2 there were a variety of moves that you could spam. In JA theres like 2.

The is a saberist/xmod ladder being planned.

The total user count now is at 59 with over 300 posts on the forum. All in just two days.

If you would like something changed in JA, feel free to make a post in the RedSlushie Public Forum. Stu will be happy to respond to any questions or changes you would like to make.

I will entertain any questions you might have on the board.

Originally posted by Prime

I thought XMod2 was supposed to resuscitate the competative community. Has this not happened?

I'm guessing it hasn't. On all the file servers I've seen, xmod downloads seem to have gone down every release.

Personally, I think the issue involves the game simply not being deep enough to keep people playing. Cvaring the hell out of the game and adding emots or admin commands isn't really going to help that. We need to get together and add more depth to the game.

Originally posted by razorace

I'm guessing it hasn't. On all the file servers I've seen, xmod downloads seem to have gone down every release.

Personally, I think the issue involves the game simply not being deep enough to keep people playing. Cvaring the hell out of the game and adding emots or admin commands isn't really going to help that. We need to get together and add more depth to the game.

It did a whole lot for CTF (6 or so teams LOL), but no other game modes. So they shut the JA ladders down on TWL and now everyone's doing their own thing... Like Call of Duty (2nd most active game on the net) since there's a whole lot of teams who play that. There's just no point in JA anymore for some, due to the lack of people actually playing to win.

BTW, Kynes, OSP stands for Orange Smoothie Productions, not orange slushie :) and ahhh... What a great mod OSP was. I'll be suprised if Red Slushie does half as good.

Archived