Home

The Refre§h Gaming Project

Codster

Originally posted by gotcha8903

im guessing most people are getting the d/l from the official xmod site, thats where the links ive seen point to.

Exactly. My server went from 10 to 20 players a day before xmod to over 200 a day, everyday, since xmod was released. With every update it gets more popular.

Personally, I think the issue involves the game simply not being deep enough to keep people playing. Cvaring the hell out of the game and adding emots or admin commands isn't really going to help that. We need to get together and add more depth to the game.

How so? By trying to standardize which mods are used with OJP?

That's never going to happen. Sorry RazorAce, your statement is way off base. Cvaring with xmod sure keeps my server full as well as many others. Numbers don't lie.

Numbers can be deceptive. Especially when you selectively them to prove points or don't even obtane them scientifically.

If xmod has increased the popularity of your server, that's great. However, all the number's that I've seen have indicated that xmod had not resulted in a huge jump in popularity in downloads or overall players.

I will conceed that it's possible that most people are d/ling directly from the xmod site instead of the other file servers, but there's no way to know without it having a download counter.

How so? By trying to standardize which mods are used with OJP?

Uh, what? OJP doesn't have "standardization" requirements and is basically open source. That concept was only something that discussed early in the OJP concept discussion. However, it should be noted that we will probably get on someone's case if they release stuff publically based on OJP in attempts to be a glory hog or copycat.

Archived