Home

Oh man... this is the point of no return

Sherack Nhar

It's 8:40 in the morning right now and I just stopped playing Knights of the Old Republic for... uhh... actually I completely lost track of time.

What day are we today? I know I played all night, but I don't remember when I started playing. Was it yesterday? In the afternoon, or morning... can't remember for the life of me.

I think I've been playing for 12 hours straight, at least. This is the first time I've ever done something like that, as far as I can remember... Although my memory's a little hazy right now >_>

I love this game. Fell in love with the characters, all of them. Sure, Bastila comes off as a b*tch at first but the more you see her grow, and let her share her story, and the more you get attached to her. It's downright scary.

And Mission! Such a lovely girl. I seem to be the only one not treating her like a kid! Oh and HK-47 is so funny. Gah let's not start naming them all, they're all worthy of being mentionned. Except maybe the beeping droid. He's kinda just 'there' >_>

BTW guys, if you're gonna reply with spoilers about the game, don't forget to tag them... Cause I'm not finished with it yet, and I certainly don't wanna get anything spoiled.

Not sure what to do now... it's too late to go to bed. Maybe I'll take a walk outside today, that should clear my head a little.

OMG I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm suffering from the same illness as well, but I managed to keep it at bay and go to sleep last night. I played the ENTIRE DAY yesterday, and I'm restraining myself from even looking at the CD case, in fear that I might go into a relapse. I've got homework to do today. :(

Yeah, i just picked up an Xbox after christmas and have been playing it for several days straight. I just finished, and while i was a little dissapointed the ending flick wasn't better, the story was perfectly good. I absolutely loved it.

Anyways, i don't know what you do and don't know, but i'm really curious how they will accomplish one of the major plotlines with a girl lead PC. I think i'm gonna play it again, just to see what happens. Also, i went lightside first, so i really want to go dark side on everyone and wreak some serious havoc. ;)

I know what you mean. I haven't left my PC for two weeks now...I'm in my 4th consecutive run of the game.

I sleep at 1:00 and wake up at 8:00 just to play. It's been two weeks...

I'm starting to look like Gollum...

The ending cinematic:

I have to agree that the ending cinematic ain't that, great. I was expecting a huge cinematic à la Return of The Jedi Special Edition where you see so many people celebrating.

Tie Guy: A girl PC isn't very different from a male PC. The story is pretty much the same. Only this time Carth keeps hitting on you instead of Bastila. Oh and every guy you come across hits on you too.

There's also a subtle difference if you're playing as a scoundrel. People tend to trust a female character more then a male while people react better to the threats of a male character(but you don't really need to be a scoundrel for that).

I don't know where you are at in the game Sherack, but I can openly say that this game has the greatest plot twist since Vader admits to Luke that he's his father. It's THAT surprising.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I don't know where you are at in the game Sherack, but I can openly say that this game has the greatest plot twist since Vader admits to Luke that he's his father. It's THAT surprising.

Yeah I'm past that... Unfortunately Rhett spoiled that surprise for me a few months back :p

But how can Revan be a girl? That just ain't right.

Anyways, i'm on my second run through at the moment, playing as a female scout who's a major gunslinger. Scoundrel doesn't sound all that appealing to me. I'd rather just beat down everyone i meet rather than sneak around. ;)

Yea, when I was sick for a few days, I was playing Kotor nonstop. Only to sleep, eat, and occasional bathroom. I've beat it once with Dark Sid, but I did it so fast that my charater had sucky moves and I did no subplots. I'm doing it again but slower and taking my time.

@ Tie Guy :

Of course a girl can be Revan. Why not? Revan wears a mask all the time, so you can't really know until Bastila tells you.

I know what you mean Sherack :D

This game is really addicting. I never played non-stop for 12 hours during the night, but maybe something like 6 hours during the day. The only other game I could play many hours like this one was Diablo II (but that was some time ago, when doing the quests was actually fun).

As for the ending ....

Yeah, it wasn't that good. What I miss is an epilogue like in BG2 or HotU, where they tell you what happens to all the characters in your party. Also, there's like nobody on that planet... they should have given me my medal on coruscant :mad: I'll have to check the DS ending, but I can't stand to hurt people around me :(

Originally posted by Tie Guy

But how can Revan be a girl? That just ain't right.

There's no reason that Revan can't be a girl, I mean, we believe in equal rights and all that good stuff. Besides, one can argue that women are MORE evil than men ;)

'

I'm on my second try through at the moment. I am a scout instead of a Soldier, but I'll try to do light side one more time. THIRD time through, I'll be a darkie.

Originally posted by IG-64

Indeed

But don't talk about it too much, Its a very dangerous subject.

O_o

wow...I used to do that back in the day...heck everyone did it back in the day...but I found that IM is a bit more satisfying and enjoying life is even more (I know that last comment was a bit like sacrilege on the boards...sry! forgive me!)

Well I gotta agree with you guys, the light side ending is kinda disappointing. In fact, the last stages of the game seemed rushed. (e.g. the last two locations you visit). I didn't like how they simply dismissed the characters after they had no more use (especially Carth; his development comes to a sudden and complete stop right after you free his son).

Still a great game though. I'm looking forward to play with the dark side. But first, I have to give some time to the other RPGs that I have, like HotU and Ogre Battle 64 :D

I finished JA one determined day - you guys are going to kill me but I own both Call of Duty and KOTOR and I haven't been able to play either of them. Well KOTOR some - not very far. I haven't even seen this Bastilla. Anyway - there are just not enough hours in the day. I've started school again (the class that was full - someone dropped and I can add it tomorrow) its 6 weeks of hell. And work is installing this new software program into our warehouse so there's all kinds of OT and training. Its insane.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

That really sucks. Not finding time for KOTOR...

Anyway, Sherack, if you're playing a female character, after you save his son, there's actually more character development. If you,re playing a male character it simply ends there.

Yeah, but if you're playing a female, you don't get the love story with Balista, so it's a tradeoff. Besides that was only one example; another one would be Canderous or HK-47.

Well you get a love story with Carth although there's no kissing scene and it only goes as far as an "I love you" and an "I love you too".

As for HK-47, I don't think he needs any character development 'cause he's just a droid. A sidequest with him would be...weird.

And Canderous...well that's how far it goes I guess. I wish there would be more like he really starts to change his ways and becomes a nice guy(instead of being dark, he's light).

But however, Jolee and Juhani are just as bad. Jolee gets only a sidequest where he isn't really involved in it other then he's a friend of the guy you're supposed to defend in a trial.

With Juhani face off with the guy who kills her father and that's about it...

Anyway, the character development is already tremendous so I guess askin for more would be pretty impossible...until KOTOR2 :D

Archived