Home

Do you wear glasses?

Crow_Nest

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I wear contacts. They get me to better than 20/15! :)

I have a backup pair of glasses though.

Ditto

And my bad sight has nothing to do with using the pc, it goes way back before I had one. Damned television :D

Im not an optometrist or opthalmologist, but I thought that anything above 20/15 was bad (doesnt that mean ur farsighted). because theoretically if your nearsighted, you have 20/25 or worst (20/>20), so if ur farsighted u have 20/<20. Oh well. What do I know about that stuff, Rhett?

btw, I do wear glasses. One year now. Guess its because I read too much, stare at the computer screen too much and got hit in the eye too much, and view LF too much. (I BLAME YOU... LF, FOR MY MYOPIA!) lol ;)

Originally posted by Darklighter

I had my eyes tested yesterday. And, as I had already concluded, I am a little short sighted. I've picked my frame and am getting them fitted next week. I'm actually really excited ^^

Excited? When I first knew that I had to have glasses (about 7 years old) I cried. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Im not an optometrist or opthalmologist, but I thought that anything above 20/15 was bad (doesnt that mean ur farsighted). because theoretically if your nearsighted, you have 20/25 or worst (20/>20), so if ur farsighted u have 20/<20. Oh well. What do I know about that stuff, Rhett?

Actually, it all depends. because for me, I can see things that are as close as 4" clearly and things as far away as 30 feet clearly, so 20/20 isnt necessarily perfect. it just average to say that 20/20 is good vision. for me, i have 20/30 (but in the sense that people can see at 20 feet, I can see at 30 feet).

Originally posted by Excelsion

Excited? When I first knew that I had to have glasses (about 7 years old) I cried. :rolleyes:

I can understand why some people would. Though my friends have been pushing me to for a while. I don't need them all the time, only for looking at things far away in class, when I start driving etc. So, I won't use them a whole lot. I do look kinda good in them though ^^;

Archived