Home

Naming threads

w00ki3

Yes why are only certain threads renamed.

Perhaps you can rename the other threads ie. rpg noob, sad rpg'er wants to make teh mov13s, utter retard seeks help, small child weeps after being named lamer.

And not just rename the threads which challenge the mods own beliefs.

Thnx;)

The threads *I* rename have really vague or misleading titles, which is why I rename them.

Despite numerous stickies and reminders people (even people who should know better) still are in the habit of posting vague threads with titles like "help me" or "how do you?" "I'm stuck/lost" etc.

That and people posting stuff in the wrong forum. ; P

No moderator should rename a thread with the sole intention of insulting the poster (though misunderstandings might occur I suppose). As was said, if you have a problem, PM the supermoderators/moderators of the forum first.

I wouldn't have a problem if all the threads that are equally vague, such as "stuck" and "some ideas" were renamed to be more descriptive. The fact is, they're not...So I put it to you, describe the equally vague rpg threads as "random rpg guy seeks Mrs Vader" or w/e.

Thnx;) .

See that's the thing, we moderators and admins are people too, we have just as many opinions and love to debate just as much as anybody else.

The last thing we want to do is "abuse our power" to "win arguments" or take cheap shots like that.

About the only time that an admin an win an argument soley by powers is maybe in the "legality of warez" argument.

But then even in that case a person could still hold their unique opinion and express it on some other site....

Bottom line: we're not going to start renaming threads just to insult RPG people, much as we might want to make fun of them.

Archived