Home

there is no peace part 2

rick ulo 11103

"Hello, Jamis," a voice suddenly called from another part of the medical bay. A few seconds later, Brittany came into view. She was back to normal... almost. Much of her strength had not yet returned to her, but she was able to walk around... with a little help from the cane she held.

"Glad to see you awake," she told him. "How are you feeling?"

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Antsy," said Jamis. "I feel that I've missed something while I've been out. What happened to you?" He indicated her cane, and then something hit him.

"Oh. I guess my plan worked long enough for us to escape." he laughed at himself, just now realizing that. He stopped laughing quickly, as it hurt his stomach a little too much.

The droid poked him once. "Once Master Wasafi visits, whenever that is, your final bacta treatment will begin. It will last five hours, and you will probably feel better after that."

"I was barely conscious when you pulled your trick, hiding us from the Sith," Brittany told Jamis. "The scroll was destroyed and I felt my strength returning. Then, I could feel that I was gaining much more than I had given and more than I had to give. It was a startling feeling."

She paused. "I lost contact with my body. I could appear to our friends, but it was more as an extension of the Force. I knew my body was still alive, but I couldn't go back to it."

"We came to the Temple and the Jedi were able to discover what had happened," she continued. "They were quick to help. So it is that you see me here. In my loss of contact, I lost a lot of my strength. I'm regaining it now, but it comes slowly, hence the cane."

She heard the droid tell Jamis that he'd be feeling better after the next round of bacta.

"Good to know," she said, smiling. "I hope for you that Master Wasafi comes quickly."

Master Wasafi did show up, eventually. An hour or so after Jamis had caught up on most major galactic news while he'd been out, she showed up. He was once again awed a bit by her presence, but it didn't seem as impressive as before. She looked tired.

"Ah, Jamis... How are you feeling?" she said, sitting down beside him. He coughed and grimaced a little.

"The droid says I'll feel better after this last bacta treatment. All I can say is that I hope I do. I feel weak, and still a bit queasy. The shot-mark, in particular, feels very weak."

"Not surprising, considering how much damage had to be repaired there," said Wasafi, rubbing her temples.

"Are you feeling all right?" asked Jamis, noting her continued tiredness. She looked up at him, and nodded.

"Things have been.. hectic, of late." she said. "I've also been coming here to help heal you often these past days."

He nodded. "I appreciate that. Really, I do. Is this new hectic problem something I can help with?"

Archived