Home

there is no peace part 2

rick ulo 11103

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at Visona he thought for a second. "Corellia. Its not really remote, but we won't be in constant danger, eather. I good trade off, if you ask me." With that, the ship quickly made its way to its next destination. "It'll be a welcomed stop after Lok." Sukara says, a slight frown on his face as he remembers there experiance on the planet.

Jamis leaned back in his seat as Rick and Brittany fought the flames. He watched the sensor screen as the fighter in which Sukara and Visona were in made the leap to hyperspace. Jamis made a note of their trajectory, and recorded it onto a bit of flimsy that he tucked into a pocket.

"How's the comm gear?" asked Brittany, looking back at him. Jamis checked it out. It appeared functional.

"What about the engines? I can send out a distress signal to The Republic, but if we don't have engines, we won't maintain our orbit."

After finally emergeing from hyperspace, there ship drifted over the world of Corellia. Both Sukara and Visona where asleep in there respective seats, the ships sensors wakeing Sukara as they alerted them that they had arived. Giveing the back of her seat a light kick, he woke Visona, telling her they had arived.

"We're here, finally. Hmm...try and set us down in Coronet. We should be safe there, and we will easily blend in." Sukara said. Knowing the city of Coronet was always heavily populated.

The ship made its way to the planets surface, approaching rapidly, as it sat down at one of Coronet many spaceports. Climbing out of the ship, they are greeted by the landing official. Paying the fee they continued on there way.

"This city alone contains two times as many people as that dust ball Lok, atleast." Sukara looked around, wondering where they should go next. "Maybe we should try and earn some credits, I am almost broke after buying our ship..." Turning to see himself in the glass of a store, he looks at the black robe he still wears. "I need some new cloths, aswell."

After searching around a few clothing shops, Sukara emerges in his new set of cloths. Dressed in the latest Coronet style for men, he took a moment stretch and get use to his new cloths. "Ahhh, this is much better. And I won't stand out so much, anymore." Turning to look at Visona he asks "Are you going to keep wearing thoughs Jedi robes?"

Jamis watched on the sensor screen as the Republic Light Cruiser closed on their position. "They've got a lead," he said, but checking the navigation board, he found the recorded trajectory of the fighter Visona and the SIth Lord had been on.

Checking that trajectory, he found it led onto a much-used trade lane from Corellia to Lok. He pointed this out to the others. "On Corellia, they could easily disappear."

There heavily damaged Transport, though given patch repairs, had been stressed beyond its limets. The hyperdrive of the ship exploded, litterly as they drew closer to the planet, the transports auto pilot kicking in, and useing what little power it has left, guides them to the surface for a crash landing.

"Is everybody alright?" Rick asks, looking around.

"I'm okay, I think." Jamis states.

"I'm alright too." Brittany says.

The three of them made it down safely, along with the 12 remaining Republic soldiers that went with them.

"I and my troops have suffered no heavy injurys sir!" The troop commander states firmly. "All troops are checked and acounted for."

As they step outside, they notice that they have landed in the wildlands of Corellia, outside any city.

"Nice of the Republic to drop us off here," said Jamis, semi-kiddingly. He looked at the crash-landed vehicle. "Literally." He looked at the 12 troops and their commander, and then to Brittany and Rick. They had more authority with the Republic than he, a Rogue Jedi, did. He let them issue the orders.

"It'll be difficult to find those two, even if they reveal themselves as Sith and Jedi. Or maybe not. People know how to read the signs. A Sith and jedi travelling together would draw attention. Maybe if there's some information broker we could find..." his voice trailed off.

Both Sukara and Visona had now bought civilian cloths, nothing special. Just what they needed. Not sure what to do next, they mostly visted the places that Coronet had to offer. Sort of haveing fun actually, something that for Sukara expecially, was almost completely forgoten.

"Its been a very long time since I got to do stuff like this..." Sukara said, something of a smile on his face. "Are you hungry?" He asked Visona.

Sukara nodded at him. "Yeah...I got a little carried away with the hot sauce I guess." He said, still smileing slightly. "Whats our bill?"

"20 Credits for the meal, sir." The waiter states. Sukara pays him, and they exit the resturaunt. Continueing there trip thru the city till the sun begain to fall behind the tall skyscrapers, and the sky begain to dim. "Wow, we've been out all day, and we forgot to get a room..." Sukara rubbed his head in a slight state of embarassment at his forgetfulness.

Looking around he was unable to spot anywhere to get a room. "You'd think in a city so big they would have alot of hotels..." They continued to explore the city for any place to stay, finally comeing across a Hotel called 'The Kaadu's eye'. "This looks okay, for the night atleast." He said as they walked twords it, entering the building, he conversed with the man waiting at the desk. "Two rooms please."

Not to far away at all, Three Jedi, and 12 Republic Soldiers had just entered the town, dead tired from there long trip from there ship. Entering Coronet, the lights of the city being a warm welcome, after what they had to go thru in the wild, one of the soldiers was almost eaten when he got to close to what can only be discribed as a carniverous zit...

"We need to find some place to stay for the night..." Insisted Jamis, as they made there way deeper into the city. "Yeah, I'm dead tired, we've been travelling for a whole day straight..." Brittany said with a slightly groggy tone. Spotting a hotel in the distance, Rick alerted them. "Hey, over there! That place looks pretty nice, for tonight atleast."

They all looked at it, and agreed thats where they, and the soldiers would stay. Entering the hotel, they made there way to the man at the counter. "16 rooms, please." "16? My, thats quite a group you have there. Well, we have enough. Welcome to the Kaadu's Eye, gentlmen."

(( Oh, and I wanted to give thanks to Rick Ulo for starting this great thread, it has become my favorit on these forums, and if you haven't noticed yet, it is now larger then the origanel TINP, and it hasn't degraded into absurd posts, and insane plot twists. And may it never. :) Great posts, all of you. You've all done more than your share to contribute! You're all fantastic role players! Hehe. ))

Happily asleep in his bed, Sukara enjoyed his suroundings, peacefully slumbering, untill atleast, the nagging, dry feeling in his mouth woke him. Groaning in slight iritation, he went to get a glass of water, turning on the handle on his sink however, produced none of that ever so wonderful liquid substance. Spying the holonote above the sink, "Out of order, we're very sorry for the incoveniance..." He read outloud.

Groaning again as he stomped outside his room, twords the beverage droid, passing Visona. "Couldn't sleep eather?" He said, smileing tiredly at her. "What can I get you, sir?" The droid asked politely. "Just give me some water, please."

As he waited there, Rick Ulo came up the stairs, the others still waiting down in the lobby, passing Visona, who he had never seen before, and moveing twords the droid. Standing by Sukara, who had also never met. Sukara had not noticed him yet. "I'll have a Kryat Blast." "Yes sir!" The droid said with its typical enthusiasim at serveing humans.

Sukara slowly turns, his eyes bugging out as he saw Rick practicly face to face with him. "Uh...I...um..." "What? Is something wrong?" Rick asked him. Quickly remembering that Rick was had never seen him before, he composed himself. "Oh, um, nothing! I was just wondering if you could lend me...5 credits, for a drink for my friend there!" He said, looking at Visona. "Oh, hmm, I think I have it on me, ah! Here you are." Rick said, returning to the lobby. "Damnit, that was close, if he is here, the others must be aswell, and they WILL recognise me!" Sukara said to Visona.

Looking back and forth, wondering what to do. "They'll be up here soon, we need some plan." Sukara looked desporate as the two walked up the stairs. "Damnit, we can't fight in here, theres a ton of inn guests in here." He stated, starting to get used to his new found concern for life, barely even flinching from it. "Besides, even I can't take on all three of them AND 12 Republic soldiers..."

Looking at Visona, seeing her look of uncertanty, his face came over with a bit of slight shock. "You, you felt them, didn't you? You came out here, to tell them that you and I, that we where here, didn't you..." He said, trying to hide some of the hurt in his voice. "Do you want to go back to them, so badly? I guess I can understand, I mean, you are still a Jedi, right? You need to be with your kind...I just sorta, well thought we where friends...I guess nobody wants to be friends with an Ex-Sith Lord though, do they? Heh."

They here the group growing closer. "Well, what are you going to do now?"

Trying to think, he paced back and forth infront of there door. The ex-Sith Lord thinking hard about there situation. "I can keep track of them, useing the force, but we must try and hide our own powers, or they'll feel us here."

Walking twords the window of there room. "We could jump out the window there, I suppose. But where would we go? We have a very limeted suply of credits on us..."

Sighing heavily, he sits down in the floor crosslegged. "We'll just have to wait till they go to sleep, as you said."

Brittany glanced over as Rick stopped to get something to drink. Her eyes took in Sukara and Visona and she thought she recognized Sukara.

"Where have I seen him before?" she mutters to herself, but gives it no further thought and shuffles away to her room. "I'm dead tired," she whines to herself, just before she flops onto the bed and falls into a deep sleep.

The sleep was not restful, however, for she kept having dreams of the fight with Sukara. Suddenly, she awoke with a start. "That's who that was! I guess the lost Jedi was successful in reviving him."

Feeling slightly nervous about staying in a hotel near a Sith Lord, she decided to stay awake for the rest of the night. She was feeling very well rested now and began using the Force to scan the hotel.

"He must be masking himself," she thought, but strangely, she felt no fear of him.

Sukara felt Brittany outstretching her hold on the force, most likely to search for him, but he held strong againts it. Wanting to outstretch his own power to find exactly where they are staying, but knowing that doing so would give himself away to her.

"Hmm, it would seem we have trapped each other at a stalemate of sorts. As of now, she has not been able to sense me, but I can not outstretch my connection with the force, in order to detect them, less they also detect me. Quite a situation, wouldn't you say, Visona?" He turned to look at her. "Eh?" Visona had been sleeping peacfully in her bed the whole time that he was talking. "Man, can't a guy have a dramatic moment here?" He jokeingly asked himself.

Originally posted by Ninir

As for Uber_Saber, dude your character is seriously cool... very intriguing.

(Aaaw... I feel special!)

Jamis stretched out in his bed, unawares of the encounter Rick had had with the Sith Lord he'd been fighting just a day or two ago. (Time had passed too quick for him to really figure out when it was he'd been fighting last.)

He quickly fell asleep, and resolutely stayed that way for some time.

The night passes, Rick, Visona, and Jamis all sleeping well, while Sukara and Brittany stay up the whole night, haveing a battle of Force seeing vs Force clouding. As Visona sters behind him, the sun of Corellia shineing down on her eyes, he continues to make sure Brittany sinse is clouded, while he greets her.

"Good morning, Visona. I do not think they have detected us yet. We should get out of here, though. Its still not safe."

In there own rooms, Rick and Jamis also wake up, going thru the standered morning rutien.

Sukara did just that, think it over. Had he changed that much? Yes, he had, clearly. But the fact is, only two where Jedi, what about Jamis, for example. Would he be so forgiveing? Plus its safe to asume that Rick and Brittany could be considered Mavrik Jedi, who knew how they'd react. The 12 Republic soldiers he KNEW would not be happy to see him.

Clenching his teeth slightly, he didn't know what to do, they couldn't keep running forever, the Jedi would keep following them, and they would have to eventually confront them. There was no avoiding it really...But how would he even begain to approach them? He could see them drawing there Lightsabers at the mere sight of him. Hell, he would do the same if Jamis or Brittany suddenly appeared in his room.

"What do you want me to do, Visona? Do you really think two Jedi and a ex-Dark Jedi would really be happy to see the man who tried to kill them not so long ago? Would you?"

Jamis had met Rick, and now they were walking along the hall to the rooms. Jamis took a look at one of the doors. "Have you seen Brittany this morning?" he asked.

Rick responded that he had not, and Jamis thought it was probably time to wake her, if they were going to start the search soon. When he knocked and heard Brittany call to come in, he hesitantly opened the door. She was seated comfortably, her eyes half-closed.

"The Sith and Visona are in the hotel," she said, giving them a half-lidded look. "I've been trying to find them, but he's been clouding my sight all night."

Jamis nodded slowly and looked around alertly, as if the Sith was liable to jump out of the closet. "How long have you been at it?" he asked her.

"Most of the night," she responded. "He's good at keeping me away from contact." Jamis nodded. He would have to be, as high as he climbed, he thought to himself.

"Rick, I suggest you start combing the hotel, bottom to top." He nodded. "Those Republic Troopers should be useful for something." he paused. "Brittany, I'd like for you to keep the pressure on the Sith, to keep him distracted. I'm going to try moving around the hotel to get a better fix on his location. I know most, if not all the tricks he's using to cloud his presence." With that, he waited long enough for Rick and the troops to get to the bottom floor of the hotel.

He entered the metaphorical stream of the Force lightly, slipping a toe into the water, and taking a small peek around the hotel, in a very generalized, light sort of scanning. He found that above them the clouding was more, and left the metaphorical stream as lightly as he had entered, hopefully without the Sith any the wiser.

He left the room, and started climbing the stairs.

Jamis grunted. "It's quite all right." he noticed her watching his lightsaber like it was about to bite her. Then he noticed the lightsaber hanging off of her belt.

"You must be Visona," he said, and then realized what a stupid thing to say that was. "We've been looking for you," he continued, and realized that this was no better than his previous comment. "And... for the Sith. I assume he is with you? And why are you free, wandering the halls?"

Sukara's voice sounded in Visona's mind. "Whats going on? I don't like what I'm getting here, its getting harder to keep my barrier up for some reason. Have you found one of them?" Sukara said, afraid to let even a fraction of his cloud mind power lax, as he could feel Brittany still trying to push thru.

Closeing his eyes tightly, he strengthens his cloud, determind to keep Brittany from finding him untill Visona finishes what she set out to do. "Damnit...do I gotta take a piss or what..." He said, as he was begaining to feel the affect from not going in the last 8 hours.

"Brittany sure is going all out to try and find me, I hope Visona will be alright with them, they better not try and bring her back to the order, or things will get rough."

Archived