Home

Transparent flags for CTF

Jedi Luke

Originally posted by ZDawg

I've released afew mods for JA... my last two seem to be usefull! good, I'm glad Im able to pay the JA community back for all the GG's

You did the flag mod? Awesome, its a very valuable mod :). I'm doing my bit of modding for the community too so I'm no freeloader.

Downloaded it, looked at the shader file. Obviously a much needed mod, but I wonder if it causes problems w/invalid pk3's in MP, since it's just a few touchups to the models.shader, and not a new one. I'd doubt it, since shaders are a client thing.

Love this little mod, though!

Originally posted by Teancum

Downloaded it, looked at the shader file. Obviously a much needed mod, but I wonder if it causes problems w/invalid pk3's in MP, since it's just a few touchups to the models.shader, and not a new one. I'd doubt it, since shaders are a client thing.

Love this little mod, though!

Chances are it doesn't cause problems with invalid pk3s. It would make sense to release the mod client side rather than server side. Server sided would have just caused problems.

It wouldnt be possible to do it server side, as the shader files are run off the client, The shader was edited, but only the flag area giving it Q3 Transparent, and lighting effects, but the rest of the shader was left untouched.

I doubt its whats giving you an "invalid pk3" error, but if it is, let me know.

I'm guessing that this makes the flag transparent all the time instead of just when you're in third person and you're carrying the flag?

If you want, I suppose I could add a minor code fix to OJP so the transparent flag is only seen by the player holding the flag.

Originally posted by razorace

I'm guessing that this makes the flag transparent all the time instead of just when you're in third person and you're carrying the flag?

If you want, I suppose I could add a minor code fix to OJP so the transparent flag is only seen by the player holding the flag.

If you want to razorace. I personally reckon the flags look good transparent all the time :).

Originally posted by razorace

I think (and I think people would agree) the flags just look better transparent...

Archived