Home

Did i miss something? (why the anger towards honor/RPGers?)

SRF_Vader

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

The reason that Jedi Outcast/Academy is so full of people wanting to RP as a Jedi and preaching honor is because, well, what's the title of the game?

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

What kind of people are you expecting to play a game called Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy?

Star Wars fans, little kids, Jedi fanatics, role players.

You have got to be ****ting me... You're still using that excuse, expecially after we've established for the umpteenth time that this is primarily a 1st/3rd person shooter hybrid with melee elements?

The Dark Forces series has always been a FPS series. Just because there is a little glowstick you get to wave about does not mean that it automatically becomes RP paradise.

So you can go ahead and insert the dramatic eyeroll here.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even 'honor' players sink as low, perhaps lower, than lamers. Here's what I experienced today:

I was feeling bored, so I went to |TDS| server to lame. A dude called |TDS|Malak caught me laming. But instead of sleeping me and telling me the rules, he lamed me. OMG, look at that, an admin laming. He said he'll kick me only if I lame back.

Moral of story? 'Honor' players aren't always the good guys.

So....................we all build our own characters in this game................ we expres ourselves using some particular skin, some particular saber color, some particualr name, walking instead of runing, bowing at duels, and all the stuf that we all call RPGing. Is part of the fun of playing, been badass, godlike or an asshole. So afterall nobody is good or wrong, we are just playing a game diferent ways. Some people go to extremes either to the honor part or laming part, and some balance those atitudes.

Anyway, i just do what i consider is best to me, and thats, among other things, having fun.

I must say its not cool when a noob hates you or dislikes you, even though u know it doesnt mater what he thinks, and when you have to deal with it its so anoying :rolleyes:

But its very cool when some people respect you or when they think you are a god or something.

Noobie lamers can get really anoying, and faget childlish motherfcuking ****head honor/and/or/admin players too.

1. Honor codes ruined jk2

2. Raven/LEC listening to the honor tools whine about moves (KICK) and saber damage is the reason there is a piece of crap known as "Jedi Academy" on the shelves.

3. Why is this discussion still going on? The competitive players don't play JKA, and the one's that did left awhile ago after they realized what a piece of crap it was.

4. I hope and pray that Star Wars Battlefront and Republic Commando do not become infested with this crap. The lack of JEDI in the game will be a bonus.

5. The games a piece of crap. If you don't think so, then whatever, but it is. JO sold way way more copies then JKA. Why? Because of 1.02. All you whiners whined and whined about moves/etc got the game patched over and over and ruined worse and worse. JKA is just JO 1.05. Nothing more. Hell I can go to EBgames, BestBuy, CompUSA, and GameSpot here in Tampa and there will be ATLEAST 10 copies of JKA there. Why? Sure as hell isn't because they're flying off the shelves and have to keep it stocked.

6. Game isn't dead? More servers than JO? Buggy ASE? Are you on crack dude? First of all there are 50 more JO servers than there are JKA. Second of all there are 458 people playing JKA RIGHT THIS INSTANT, according to http://www.csports.net. That's not a dead game? I don't care that it's 4am here. That's a dead game. Hell many people consider UT2k3 (which is my primary game right now) a dead game, yet RIGHT THIS INSTANT there are 3,385 players online. Yeah uh JKA is dead dude. Deal with it.

All in all I'm not gonna blame the RPGers for it's death per se. It's mainly Raven's fault. They didn't listen to us competitive players beg and plead to re-amp the saber damage and leave in kick. Nope they listened to the mass of whiners instead of making a kick-ass game like JO 1.02 was. I seriously fear for Quake4. Raven's making it. If they're track record holds, Quake4 is gonna suck and that will just be a travesty.

/end of rant

FYI there are no "elites" left in either JKA or JO so let's just get that out of the discussion.

EDIT: LMAO, I just loaded up JK2, went on some "DEA" clan server. This "natasha" "lamed" me so I went and killed her. First she ran away, then put her saber down right when I killed her. Then she screamed lamer. I didn't even get a chance to dispute the claim before an admin named "tallin" or "tallis" or some crap started slapping me, then put me to sleep, then teleporting me to his "empowered" ass so that he could grip and toss me. ROFLMFAO. Yeah, the "elites" and "competitive" players had anything to do with the demise of this game. That experience right there is why these games are dead. Pathetic power hungry nazi admins.

Originally posted by vS:Mr.Joshua

1. Honor codes ruined jk2

I agree it has helped nothing.

Originally posted by vS:Mr.Joshua

6. Game isn't dead? More servers than JO? Buggy ASE? Are you on crack dude? First of all there are 50 more JO servers than there are JKA. Second of all there are 458 people playing JKA RIGHT THIS INSTANT, according to http://www.csports.net. That's not a dead game? I don't care that it's 4am here. That's a dead game. Hell many people consider UT2k3 (which is my primary game right now) a dead game, yet RIGHT THIS INSTANT there are 3,385 players online. Yeah uh JKA is dead dude. Deal with it.

You can argue whether the game is dead or not to you, but lets at least get the facts straight. According to Gamespy, there are 1092 players on 590 servers for JA, and 517 players on 309 servers of JO. On your beloved csports.net it shows that there are 1073 players on JA right now with 238,280 in the past 31 days, and 529 players with 96,475 in the last 31 days for JO. You can argue how accurate these numbers are, but both sources seem to say that there are twice as many players playing JA as there are JO right now. Another (agreeably inaccurate) measure of interest between the two games might be mods. On pcgamemods.com in the last week there have been 37 JA mods submitted, with only 10 JO mods submitted in the same period. On jk2files.com there have been 28 mods submitted in the last week with only 2 for JO. Again, this doesn't mean a whole lot scientifically, but it might at least indicate that there is more interest in JA than there is in JO these days. Hell, just look at Lucasforums and the amount of activitey in the respective forums. All I'm saying is that I haven't seen any source that indicates that there are more JO players than JA players (if there is one, I would love to see what it says).

Now you raise an interesting point about JA being dead. What is the definition of that anyway? Does it have to have some predetermined ranking out of every other game? If so what is that ranking? Top 20? 10? 5? Compared to Half Life, every game is dead. Is there an specific number of players that need to be playing the game to be make it "alive?" Who chooses these numbers? Does everyone choose their own? It is fine if to you the game is dead, because you can have your own definition of what that means. The great thing is, it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

My definition obviously differs from yours. As long as I can find servers with players to play against (and I mean actually try and frag one another), then the game is not dead to me. I don't particularly care about overall numbers of servers or total players, because to me and many (most?) other players the numbers are meaningless in terms of being able to play the game. I don't derive validation for a game from how it ranks in total players. If the game is fun to me, then that is all I need. If it is not fun to me, it is dead. The difference between 100 servers and 1000 servers isn't really apparent since you can only play on one server at a time, and people usually end up playing on the same servers once they find ones they like (Chop Shop!).

To me, the bigger issue is not the total numbers of players, but how those players are playing (or not). But hey, you can come to your own conclusions.

Originally posted by Prime

To me, the bigger issue is not the total numbers of players, but how those players are playing (or not). But hey, you can come to your own conclusions.

Yea, I bet at least 60% of those "players" are actually bowing/chatting/spawning the idiotic JediAdmin emotes :p

Originally posted by AxVegetA

And eventually, all the JO players will go to JA.

Why? I kicked myself for spending 50 bucks on that crap game and used it as a trade in to get Planetside to kill some time till ut2k4 is released.

Now, the game is dead because of these factors...

1) At this same point in it's life cycle Jedi Outcast still had thousands of players PER DAY where as JKA has a measely thousand.

2) At this same point JO still had active leagues/ladders on the major tourney sites. TWL's been closed for JKA for months. CAL/IGL/OGL didn't even give it any attention like they did JO. Provinggrounds is pretty much the only comp site running any JO ladders aside of "clanbase".

3) 1 patch. And I doubt there will be a second. Like JO the devs have given up on the game. Just took em less time to do so with JKA. And don't expect another patch either, Raven's working on Quake4, so they're not going to have any time for that lowly antiquated Q3 engine based glow stick flailing debacle known as JKA.

I think there will be a second patch. No wonder JA doesn't have that much players, it could have been a stupid expansion pak. I was very disappointed. I know, if it were a different engine it wouldn't even have been released, but I prefer to wait long for an excellent game rather than to wait for a Jedi Outcast 1.05. I see at JA as an expansion pak, mod, or patch, to JO. lol

Archived