Home

FINISHED 'The Unifying Force" !!! *GO SPOILER CRAZY* !!

Astrotoy7

Ok kids !!!!

I thought TUF was damn fantastic. It was cool to FINALLY have Luke roll up sleeves and get into a fight ! His nifty decapitation of Shimrra was undoubtedly one of the coolest things he has EVER done, be it in the films or EU ! Its interesting that it was Luke who did it, I thought Jacen was going to have a go....

But of course, our man Jacen, he's the real hero, isnt he !!! The way he took care of Onimi was fantastic..... amazing that onimi was the real overlord, and his relationship with the force characterised the philosophy the Vong had developed...whether they are able to regain their symbiosis with zonama sekot will be interesting to see.......

I am still not convinced that Nom Anor is dead.......

Jaina was a bit of a let down in the final battle, Goddess my foot !! but I guess she did give Jacen the impetus for chasing Onimi

Its going to be interesting to see what direction EU goes in next....

and what's with Lando !!!!! every time he showed up he seemed to be carrying some Corellain Ale, obviously Tendra must be getting on his nerves...... :p

MTFBWYA

He remained on board the vong craft that Onimi has escaped in. After tryimg to kill Han/Leia/Jacen etc(again) he gets injured(cant remember who by) and remains aboard the ship after the rest of the gang shoot off in the 'escape pod"(yorik trema IIRC) I think the ship is described as exploding but of course you never know if Nom Anor was still on it when it blew up.....

MTFWBYA

I also find it very hard to believe Nom Anor is dead. It did fit his character to go out that way, but I'm not sure that he could let himself go like that. I thought Jacen was awesome; he was always in character, but he was back to the butt-kicking, awesome, balanced Jedi we saw in Traitor. Seeing Luke become the real Jedi Master was awesome. His fighting with the slayers and working his way up through the Citadel was incredible! I thought that that was one of the best things with Luke ever. Which is cool, because I was ready for him to die or something after the last few books.

Han and Leia and the droids were really well done; I feel like their story has finally concluded. For Luke I sense a future, but I think that Han and Leia should be cut back a little - they should be a lot like Lando was in the Bantam series: there to help when needed but not the main characters anymore. Lando with the alcohol was awesome; I loved the part at the end with Wedge and Tycho walking up and getting free ale! :D I hope that the YV have a good and interesting future - and that TD's post-NJO trilogy doesn't turn into the Bantam type thing: YV staging uprising or something dumb like that.

There were only a few things I didn't like. First: the romances. Jag and Jaina have been really, really built up, especially over the Force Heretic trilogy, and Luceno gave them a "maybe someday" ending. They at least should have gotten together. I was also extremely disappointed, with Luceno and with the series as a whole, that there wasn't more development with Danni Quee. Not only would I have liked to see her and Jacen get together... :rolleyes: "she'd almost fallen in love with him at one point..." :rolleyes: I also would have liked to see her character grow more. I think it would have been awesome to see her as a "science Jedi", if you will. We've got a history of that kind of thing: Tionne, Jocasta Nu in the Jedi Library in the PT, etc. I also would have liked to see her character a real focus of the last book, and the series as a whole. I mean, she's the first character you meet in the whole NJO!!! I also felt that shoving enough Vong to conquer half the galaxy, even drastically reduced, onto half a planet was a little hard to believe. I'm willing to work with Luceno, though...

Overall, I loved the NJO. There were a few low points (for me, Agents of Chaos, [/i]Dark Journey, and Vector Prime itself), but the series as a whole was pretty good. The high points were Star by Star, Traitor, and The Unifying Force, with Destiny's Way qualifying as pretty good and Balance Point and The Final Prophecy being my last "favorites" in the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting point for you: the title of section 2, "Force and Counterforce" is actually the name of the last part of the original SW radio drama. Now, if that was intentional, it's just another sign of brilliance. It makes you wonder where he got others, like "A Time to Every Purpose"... hmm.

Archived