Home

JA+ MOD 1.5c release

slider

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3731/

THis server side MOd is designed to add cool Features and enable admin commands In order to make your server rules be respected

and control all your server.

This mod will not change all the gameplay of the game.

It will simply add fun features or enhance features in order to satisfy academy clan.

Example of features ==> multiple duel at one, duel full force, flipkicks, admin commands , clan speak mod,

easy saber change without respawning, emots, ANTI fake player name system based on IP detection,

SP style attack added plus other total new attacks and more...

Features in 1.5c version:

- NEW style attacks added :

with staff : DOUBLE KICK (2 ennemis to your left and right)

DOUBLE KICK (2 enemis to your front and back)

SPIN KICK (enemis close to you)

TOTAL NEW KICK FORWARD if enemy very close to you in front if you

WITH Single saber and secondary stance of staff and dual sabers :

PULL/SLASH ATTACK (make pull then back then attack)

- ANTI fake player name system based on IP detection : controlled by server cvar jp_oldPlayerName :

if a player X disconnect and reconnect later with the same IP under the different name Y, it will displayed

"Player X connected .Player with same IP : Y"

this is also logged into the games.log file

- new client side script saber.cfg (type /exec saber.cfg)

this script enable to bind on R key the saber switching between 1 single blade, 2 single blade and 1 maul dual saber

- new server cvar jp_improveYellowDFA : improve yellow dfa single saber (like jk2 dfa gameplay).

- new server cvar jp_starTrekTeleport: enable total new teleport looking like star trek movie teleport.

- new server cvar jp_allowAmThrow : allow/disallo the use of amthrow for all players. if allowed, u can still disallow the

use of amthrow on you made by another player with toggle_amthrow client side cmd.

- you now can't duel if you have a jetpack (so you have to turn it off)

- players are logged into the games.log when they log as an admin.

- IP of players are logged into the games.log

- new server cvar jp_allowSamePlayerNames that prevent player from having the same player names.

- emot amdie modified ==> u will keep at ground until key pressed.

- debug cmds removed ( debugthrow ... etc... ). There were an exploit.

- duelist now begin with full regerated force

- amtele can be use also to teleport a player near another.

/amtele player_id player_dest_ID : teleport the player near the player_dest

/amtele player_dest_id : teleport your self near the player_dest

also remember that /amtele withour argument teleport yourself at the point where u used /amtelemark

also of course all player id can be partial player name.

- amempower recoded (give all force powers and the force regen is kept to the max)

Features in 1.5b version:

- new admin cmd ammindtrick to make all players be invisible for one player. the cmd comes also with cvar displayed msgs

and an admin gun thats was added in the admin.cfg file.

- new admin cmd amtelemark that marks a point of the map..... then use /amtele without any arguments to teleport yourself to

this point of the map..... ideal to come back to point for exemple when u duel sith someone.

- all ClientNum arguments can now also be partial player name.

- you can now type the admin cmds in rcon.

- new server cvar jp_allowJetpack that allow player to use /jetpack cmd that turns on/off jetpack

(works only if gametype is not CTF or SIEGE)

- added client cmd /saber that changes your saber without respawn needed....

you can also change your saber in your menu and then type /saber without arguments to update your saber.....

saber1 value and saber2 are those of saber names defined in the .sab files of your pk3 files.

for example /saber dual_1 for MAUL DUAL SABER

/saber cmd doesn't work during a duel

Features in 1.5 version:

- (Clan speak mod) + 2 others speak mods (team and admin)

added new client cmds :say_team_mod, clanpass, clanwhois

see the script chat.cfg that binds those cmds(/exec chat.cfg).

Clan speak Mod enable you to speak with all players of your clan without be read by others players

From other clans.

- clanpass : to log into your clan member group (it is a client side cmd)

- clanwhois : display all players logged into the same clan as you

- say_team_mod : = normal : the use of the say_team cmd send messages to your team

= clan : the use of the say_team cmd send messages to all players logged into the same clan as you

they have the same clanpass

= admin : send messages to all admins

- new emots : amdie, amkneel, amfinishinghim

- added the possibility to define also (like for knight admin )the allowed admin cmds of council members with

cvar jp_councilAllowedCMD

- added client side cmd toggle_amthrow : turn on/off the possibility for other players to amthrow you.

- free mouse look when stick a wall (need g_debugMelee 1 on server cvar)

- allow black names => use the ^0 before a letter

- new admin cmds : amrename, amlockteam, amforceteam and a server cvar jp_teamLock that control the locked teams

- MAX_VEHICLES increased up to 32 (previous value was 16) ideal for the maps with a lot of vehicles.

- new rcon cmd : admToggle to allow/disallow and admin cmd for council or kight. It changes automatically the server cvar

jp_councilAllowedCMD and jp_knightAllowedCMD. So adding value bit is not annoying any more :)

- take care of the pb of "Info string length exceeded" error server message due to too many "sets" or "set" cmd in your server.cfg

use only "seta" cmd to prevent your server from crash.

see the server.cfg provided with the mod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on a server last night and got /ammindtrick put on me after the admin got killed when chatting in the middle of a melee. Judging from the chatter, he had done this to a lot of people, as most claimed they couldn't see anyone.

As you can imagine, because of experiences like this, I am not a fan of admin mods. :)

Thanks for the effort though...

ok i know there are always people who abuse but i think all abuse clan will die quickly.....

it is what i learnt from JK2....

that is why i prefer to let thos cmd the good admins.....

i know a lot if people in this forum want me to remove those cmd that u call "abusive cmd"

but there is also a lot of other people who did not discuss about it in the forum that need those cmd and don't want me do remove them.....

if u don't like those cmd simply go on non abusive server or server with no mod....

now everybody has differenct opinion and mine is different from yours....

gothicX said "You'll never learn."

u also need to learn that.....

and everybody wont do what u want them to do.....

there are various opinion, and if you don't agree with me.....

there are some poeple who agree with me.....

now if you don't like those cmd simply install another mod or go to player on server with other mod or without....

to conclude on my opinion :

i will say in summary that i will not remove those admin tools for the majority of good admin in order to prevent a minority of bad admin from abusing...

now it is not necessary to try to convince me, i have a different opinion like other persons and i will not return on this thread any more....

The 20% of players that actually wants those commands is a minority, you should adapt to the other 80%, who want to play without randomly seeing others dissappearing, beeing slapped, slayed or put to sleep. Those are the people you should be making this mod for, nothing else.

Originally posted by Slider744

ok i know there are always people who abuse but i think all abuse clan will die quickly.....

Not really.

it is what i learnt from JK2....

that is why i prefer to let thos cmd the good admins.....

But bad admins get them too.

i know a lot if people in this forum want me to remove those cmd that u call "abusive cmd"

but there is also a lot of other people who did not discuss about it in the forum that need those cmd and don't want me do remove them.....

Need? There is no need if you can put the message of the rules on the screen and then kick them if they disobey again.

if u don't like those cmd simply go on non abusive server or server with no mod....

Very difficult.

now everybody has differenct opinion and mine is different from yours....

gothicX said "You'll never learn."

u also need to learn that.....

and everybody wont do what u want them to do.....

there are various opinion, and if you don't agree with me.....

there are some poeple who agree with me.....

Yes, but you want everyone to act responsibly with the commands, but they "won't do what you want them to do."

now if you don't like those cmd simply install another mod or go to player on server with other mod or without....

Very difficult.

to conclude on my opinion :

i will say in summary that i will not remove those admin tools for the majority of good admin in order to prevent a minority of bad admin from abusing...

The ratio is the other way. They are not tools of admining, but tools of abuse.

now it is not necessary to try to convince me, i have a different opinion like other persons and i will not return on this thread any more....

But the basis of debate is to convince others.

Slider, you continue to ignore the voice of reason.

Admin commands like slap, slay, empower, terminator, NEW ABUSIVE COMMANDS like mindtrick and breakarm are completely unneeded to "keep order" in a server. In fact, slap, slay, breakarm, mindtrick only make servers MORE DISORDERLY. There is NO reason why an admin should get to damage or torture players simply because they don't follow the rules. Player not following the rules? Kick. Keep coming back? Ban. Changed IP? Range ban. WTF is the point of empower, slap, slay, turnintodeadfrog?! I SEE NO POINT!

Crap like slap, slay, empower, go out of the WBB system. Let me show you something...

• 1) Warn
    2) Boot
    3) Ban

Anything that goes out of this is ABUSE.

Warn = sleep (please make sleeping players invulnerable...) and show binds of rules. No, slapping someone or using admin cheats to "teach a lesson" is NOT warning. It's ABUSING.

Good admins do NOT use slap, slay, empower, etc. EVER. So why include these commands in the first place?

Well you say servers with abusive admins will die because players will refuse to go there? WRONG. New people buy the game everyday and get onto the servers. There will always be new players for admins to abuse.

Great job! My clanserver uses this, nice! (No, we're no abusive clan). Still, I think you should remove the abusive commands, please... It's annoying, and not necessary. I bet that if you do, you'll get more downloads. Mods with these commands are often disliked. And if Chosen One prefers to have the commands he made up to himself, simply make commands that have the same effect, but make it look different, and give it a new name.

Instead of /amsleep, try /amstun and the person should be stunned and a sort of lightning effect should occur on the person. By abusive commands, we mean ambreakarm, amslap, and amslay, and perhaps even empower and terminate.

Because (as TK said) at my clanserver, we simply warn a player who is breaking the rules. If he/she continues to break the rules, we will sleep the person. If the rules are broken once again, we will kick the person. If the person comes back several times after being kicked, we will ban her/him.

Still, we play with eachother in the clan with the ammindtrick. We have "blind duels", where two duellers cannot see each other, and just slash until one of them dies. Of course, we only ammindtrick people who want to be, we don't force players to do it.

Originally posted by Lightning

then if every one stops going to those servers end of problem and move on to a new one.

I do :) However, it is annoying having to go to a bunch of servers before finding one where people are actually trying to play the game...

Originally posted by Master William

Still, we play with eachother in the clan with the ammindtrick. We have "blind duels", where two duellers cannot see each other, and just slash until one of them dies. Of course, we only ammindtrick people who want to be, we don't force players to do it.

Okay, how about this:

A client function to "protect" themself from admin commands which are only meant for "fun". It would prevent players from being affected from breakarm, mindtrick, slap, slay, and teleport. It's on as default, but if the player types something like... /amallowadmin then they could be able to receive slay, slap, teleport, mindtrick, breakarm, etc. and /amdisallowadmin would stop admins from using those commands on them. So players who have not done the amallowadmin command can only be affected by core powers like kick, kickban, silence, rename, and sleep (please make sleeping players invulerable to attacks).

This way, the good admins can have their fun and the bad admins cannot use the "fun" powers for abuse.

Posted on another forum (http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=104548):

msi server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a little heads up on the msi server for ja there is admins on that server that are abusing tehir powers if ur attcked by hand and u use force u will be banned from the server so everyone in the ja world don't bother going on that server is stinks something bad for sure.there ip addy is 66.98.177.212.29070 don't go there plz

Abusive admins? Hmm, I wonder what their admin mod of choice would be? I am sure they would love the one that gave them the most ability to abuse. Let me fire up the All Seeing Eye......

But of course! «Crypt» ^1-= ^4MSI^7 ^1=-|66.98.177.212:29070|JA+ Mod v1.5c

(And let me save Slider the trouble of replying as we've heard it 5 million times already:

--bad admins are minority....

--my mod is for good admins that don't abuse....

--it is the responsibility of server to pick only good admins....

--you can abuse with rcon, give me password and I will show you...

--if admins abuse, go to another server....

--yadda yadda yadda)

i also can give u tones of IP where my mod is installed and where there is no problem of abuse admins.....

i can also give you server with no mods, where admin abuse with rcon by kicking/ banning players when they win in duel against the admin

i also can give you IP of server where there is other mod which you called non abusive mod like JAR where there is also a lot of abusive admins only with teleport, kick, ban or sleep

Now i stop discussing with you

it leads to nothing

so i won't come back here

Slider, we would all respect you more if you went to that msi server a few times to verify whether the admins are part of the "minority":rolleyes: that are abusive, and if so then told them, "Look, I am the author of this mod and you are misusing my creation. Stop this abuse immediately because it makes me and my mod look bad and is harmful to the community".

Of course, it would be delicious irony if they then said "screw you" and used your own mod against you, amsleeping and amsilencing and ampunishing and amarmbreaking you, and laughing all the time while they did it before amkickbanning you.

for 2 months, i can't go to play very often on internet this new year cause of the university firewall that only let me make FTP and HTTP and chat.......

i can only go to play on internet when i come back to family home....

But i will go on this server of course to see by myself their bad admin behabviour ......

but u know, if it is regonize by everybody that this clan is awfull and abuse of admin cmd, it will die soon cause everybody will go to play elsewhere....

Archived