Home

I play JA and my age is....?!

Astrotoy7

If you play JA regularly, how old are you !?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. If you play JA regularly, how old are you !?

• Less than 10 y.o
    • Between 10 and 15 y.o
    • Between 16 and 24 y.o
    • Between 25 and 35 y.o
    • As old as Andy867 !

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Im 12, 13 in may. 2nd youngest so far. :D I've seen 9 year olds.

And i have a feeling that "CallofDuty" is "Duty" who got banned sometime ago. :confused:

WOW ! The Crow is a youngster indeed ! You make me feel so OLD man !! I thought you were languishing in your 20s like me..... bugger, I saw my name on the "oldies" list above too.....

whats with that !!!

MTFBWYA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master William

To anyone interested, I think any age is nice for gaming. What I don't find natural is for someone over 20 to be a "winner in TWL/whatever league/ladders". Get a life ;)

I hope your kidding. Its not like the ladders take time, your lucky to get a match once a week.

THere was a dude in jk1 called BSB_mercyman who had a freaking clan made of mafia i swear.

1. they were italian.

They were pretty good in their own respects in both jk1 and jk2. Almost the entire clan was family members, no joke. Mercyman was 56 and still gaming as the GOD FATHER, his brother fragmentor was 54 and his right hand man. Then he had 3 sons (age 18 to 24) who all played jk2 and jk1 I can’t remember their names. Then he had like 3 cousins/neighbors who played for their clan. It was pretty damn insane. I thought it was pretty crazy back then that a father and a son would be a 2v2 guns team. Their 5v5 ctf team for jk2 was all family members. No joke.

yolkboy AKA BSB WING ZERO

Wampa

He Went That Way!

Code Name: Ice aka BSBWingZero Watch Out for the Many Alias

"Iceman. It's the way he flies, Ice cold, no mistakes

^^thats an exception.

BSB had a bunch of people that they didn't consider as valuable who weren't familiy members. The sons rukh, zekk, and some other dude i can't remmeber managed them.

BSB(Bad Sith Bastards) were not really italian or mostly family members (of course a lot were).

I was accepted in to it once (rejected though) and I know a few retards that got into it too that were american :p They were pretty damn good at jk1 but dunno about jk2 :p

One more old timer chiming in. I'm 33. I think us gaming elders have an interesting perspective of video games since we've been playing, or at least been around since the very beginning of them. We've come a long ways since Pong, Intellivision, Atari 2600, Colecovision. Remember when Commodore 64 was the bomb? 64k!!!! Yahoo!!! Had to start somewhere though.

Originally posted by grokking

We've come a long ways since Pong, Intellivision, Atari 2600, Colecovision. Remember when Commodore 64 was the bomb? 64k!!!! Yahoo!!! Had to start somewhere though.

Would you believe I actually played the original Pong the other day? My friend has the game that has the two control paddles. He bought it for a couple hundred bucks in 1980. He also had an old TV (rabbit ears) which was necessary because Pong does not have the means to connect to a new TV.

As simple as it is, we actually played for quite a bit. It is pretty fun and challenging on the higher levels (which are a lot faster).

Originally posted by Prime

Would you believe I actually played the original Pong the other day?

Funny - I have been scanning my parents' old slides, and last night I came across a picture of my brother and I playing Pong in ~1978 ... it is from behind the TV, so you can just see us with the controllers.

Mike

Name Kills Deaths Ping Time

Andy867 302 23 98 20

Kurgan 150 75 120 22

Grafixguy 122 100 50 19

And as I shed tears for And867's passing, I also shed a tear of joy (a small one) for my opportunity to surpass him in score at last!

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Would you believe I actually played the original Pong the other day? My friend has the game that has the two control paddles.

Man, I haven't heard "control paddle" in a loooooong time. Remember the Atari joystick?

<start old fogey voice>

"Back in my day we didn't have these fancy schmancy controllers with 10 buttons and d-pads and thumbsticks. We had a black joystick with one red button. That's it. A stick and a button. And we were grateful for it."

<end old fogey voice>

Man, I haven't heard "control paddle" in a loooooong time. Remember the Atari joystick?

<start old fogey voice>

"Back in my day we didn't have ........

<end old fogey voice>

<resume old fogey voice>

yeah, damn kids nowadays get on an xbox or a 2.4Ghz machine with a 128mb grafix card and think theyre somethin hot ! Let me see 'em beat me in Ms Pacman I tells ya ! <end old fogey voice>

:p

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

<resume old fogey voice>

yeah, damn kids nowadays get on an xbox or a 2.4Ghz machine with a 128mb grafix card and think theyre somethin hot ! Let me see 'em beat me in Ms Pacman I tells ya ! <end old fogey voice>

:p

MTFBWYA

Im not one of those kids as i dont own an Xbox nor 2.4 GHz machine, but i do own a 128MB graphix card. :cool::D

And i've even seen 7 year olds playing. :eek:

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Im not one of those kids as i dont own an Xbox nor 2.4 GHz machine, but i do own a 128MB graphix card. :cool::D

That'c cool Crow, but dont forget about us oldies, alot of us fought hard and died in The Great Galaxian Wars of 81, The Frogger War of 83, and the Leisure Suit Larry Massacre of 88....

without the sacrifice of these brave men and women, you would not be enjoying the gaming liberty you so take for granted today !! :p

MTFWBYA

That'c cool Crow, but dont forget about us oldies, alot of us fought hard and died in The Great Galaxian Wars of 81, The Frogger War of 83, and the Leisure Suit Larry Massacre of 88....

without the sacrifice of these brave men and women, you would not be enjoying the gaming liberty you so take for granted today !! :p

MTFWBYA

You mean the great men and women who fought and died in the 2nd and 1st world war. :p

Btw, have anyone of you seen any 60+ people around? :D

<start old fogey voice>

"Back in my day we didn't have these fancy schmancy controllers with 10 buttons and d-pads and thumbsticks. We had a black joystick with one red button. That's it. A stick and a button. And we were grateful for it."

<end old fogey voice>

Indeed. I always get a laugh when I see people complain that graphics from today'g games are too poor or unreaslistic. If they only new... :)

without the sacrifice of these brave men and women, you would not be enjoying the gaming liberty you so take for granted today !!

Those were all noble causes, and let us also not forget those who laid down their control paddles to take up joysticks against rising alien forces in the Galaga Conflict of '82. Oh, the war stories are too numerous to recount......

Indeed. I always get a laugh when I see people complain that graphics from today'g games are too poor or unreaslistic. If they only new... :)

Well, I guess it's all relative, ya know? Although, words cannot describe the utter disappointment I felt when I first played Pac Man for the 2600 thinking it was going to look like the arcade version. That's when I first learned to be very skeptical of hype.

I don't mean to be sexist, but women didn't actually fight in ww1/2. OCCASIONALLY they spied, and mostly flew support planes, taught men how to fly ect. But they did not serve on the front lines despite what medal of honor tells you.

But they did sometimes die during german attacks on airports and stuff. I salute them for that. I'm not trying to disrespect them or anything, just trying to state the truth.

Originally posted by Blue_Lightsaber

I don't mean to be sexist, but women didn't actually fight in ww1/2. OCCASIONALLY they spied, and mostly flew support planes, taught men how to fly ect. But they did not serve on the front lines despite what medal of honor tells you.

But they did sometimes die during german attacks on airports and stuff. I salute them for that. I'm not trying to disrespect them or anything, just trying to state the truth.

well, without this turning into an oprah special, yes I guess thats correct to a certain extent, how about we just say "the men and women who made great sacrifices"....... and I wasnt even referring to the World Wars dammit, I was being light hearted and nostalgic about the games we played in the 80s..... now its turned into a appraisal of historical accuracy.....I blame this on CROW ! That feathery fiend will do anything to bump up his post stats !! :p

MTFBWYA

Archived