Home

Getting Dismemberment to work!

Crow_Nest

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen this issue on a number of other forums. NOBODY seems to really know how to get this to work. Just to be sure we are all on the same page here. What is the purpose or renaming the jampconfig.cfg to autoexec.cfg? Also be aware that the jampconfig.cfg only effects multiplayer games. It does nothing for SP games. The SP file is jaconfig.cfg. Both of these files are located in your base folder.

Now, I have tried about everything I have seen in a number of forums, including this one. None of them have worked. I have also noticed that most of these posts are pre 1.01 patch. So, How do you do it when you have your game patched?

What are the methods for getting dismemberment to work in SP mode and MP mode?

Please be specific in your answer. Thanks!! :o

Crow: You need to work on communication a little son. It took me awhile to figure out that you were simply renaming a file to get your autoexec.cfg file. You never said that in your previous posts. I was also looking for this file you speak of only to find out that it doesn't exist and isn't installed by the game. Again? What is the purpose behind renaming it in the first place? :confused:

Originally posted by hgwall44

ok if you know the name of the place that your in type this in the console of single player devmap (and the map name) but you have to know what its called. This all so works in multi

After the patch, Devmap only enables cheats for mutltiplayer games. Usage would be devmap (mapname) Map will load with cheats enabled. You would type this in the console prior to loading a map or starting a game.

To enable cheats in SP you would type 'helpusobi 1' in your SP console.

Originally posted by MajikMyst

Crow: You need to work on communication a little son. It took me awhile to figure out that you were simply renaming a file to get your autoexec.cfg file. You never said that in your previous posts. I was also looking for this file you speak of only to find out that it doesn't exist and isn't installed by the game. Again? What is the purpose behind renaming it in the first place? :confused:

The autoexec.cfg sets everything including dismemberment on the moment you load a map, but i just did some experiment, dismemberment doesnt work if you load a save game or start a new game. :)

But it will work if you load a map using the "devmap [mapname]" cheat.

OPJ 0.0.4 also has a new option that allows you to choose saber dismemberment. :cool:

PS: I apologise for my bad communication, i dont really know how to explain it :rolleyes:

Ok, I am REALLY sick of this.

Editing the shortcut perimeters did nothing.

All the mod for dismemberment did nothing.

I have a file named jampconfig.cfg and another named jaconfig.cfg. Everything else discussed in this thread I don't have.

Dismemberment worked perfectly in Jedi Outcast...why is this such a f***ing issue now!? :mad:

(i'm on 1.01)

Ok ok, i feel your pain. :)

I can get it to work with the config/shortcut method too. So download OPJ 0.0.4 (from jk3files i think). It has an option in single player that lets you choose model dismemberment, after that, i has had a lot of it :D

This is all very simple and should not take this long...

All you have to do is:

1) Read this

2) Make a shortcut to JA single player (most people already have one after they install it)

3) Right click it and go into "Properties"

4) Under the shortcut tab look for "Target:"

5) Change your target to look exactly like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Hint: just copy and past over your current one (include the quotation marks)

6) Click "Apply"

7) Finally... double click the shortcut icon :ewok:-simple simple

Edit: If you dont want it to do the quick load, just remove the "+load quick" from the line that you copied, under STEP 4.

:ewok:-simple simple

8) Stop reading

Originally posted by Aiden Silver

This is all very simple and should not take this long...

All you have to do is:

1) Read this

2) Make a shortcut to JA single player (most people already have one after they install it)

3) Right click it and go into "Properties"

4) Under the shortcut tab look for "Target:"

5) Change your target to look exactly like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Hint: just copy and past over your current one (include the quotation marks)

6) Click "Apply"

7) Finally... double click the shortcut icon :ewok:-simple simple

Edit: If you dont want it to do the quick load, just remove the "+load quick" from the line that you copied, under STEP 4.

:ewok:-simple simple

8) Stop reading

THANK YOU. One thing, if you make it g_sabermorerealistic 3 it's like a knife through butter :)

on 1.01 this WILL work

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok, i have tried these things and the only thing i can get to work is the typing the stuff into the autoexec. but that only works on one of five which is ok i guess. the ojp, no one has responded about it but if it worked i am guessing noone would be hacking? Also, I have version 1.01 and the typing all that stuff into the shortcut that everyone says will 100% work with my version does not work. Why the fizzle can't we dismember in this game like outcast? Did parents bitch or something. Well, i hope some people still come to this forum. peace.

I have tried everything you guys have said to a T and the only thing that works is typing the stuff into the autoexec. But that only works on one in five bad guys. not getting this at all? Why is dismemberment not a viable option in this game? Did parents bitch about it or something or is lucasarts just being pricks? please explain and if there is a 100% sure way to dismember by now please tell me. I have version 1.01. any help is good help. thanks.

Originally posted by ljhurdle

ok, i have tried these things and the only thing i can get to work is the typing the stuff into the autoexec. but that only works on one of five which is ok i guess. the ojp, no one has responded about it but if it worked i am guessing noone would be hacking? Also, I have version 1.01 and the typing all that stuff into the shortcut that everyone says will 100% work with my version does not work. Why the fizzle can't we dismember in this game like outcast? Did parents bitch or something. Well, i hope some people still come to this forum. peace.

If you cant get it to work using the .cfg method, try download the OJP basic 0.0.4 (or the OJP Enhance 0.0.1 im not sure)

Then an option will appear in the "game options" menu, you can now set saber dismemberment to whatever you want.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

If you cant get it to work using the .cfg method, try download the OJP basic 0.0.4 (or the OJP Enhance 0.0.1 im not sure)

That's usually my first thought, but then they say they want dismemberment in MP. And so the thread continues. :(

jeez

g_dismember 600 for server

cg_dismember 600 for client (both have to be on)

*edit*

I bleive it goes in 100's and is the probability that a body part will be dismembered. Head being last at 500.

*edit*

That is ALL you need for multi.

Single is where your going to have problems. Because saberMoreRealistic is write protected after the game starts so you have to get it changed BEFORE the game starts.

All commands entered into the shortcut of the executable will work. All commands entered into a config that stores cvars should work.

SP is a problem yes, but for MP this is ALL you need:

server:

g_dismember 100 (this is probability that it will happen, 100 is 100%, ie: all the time with a saber kill)

client:

cg_dismember 1-3 (3 is full dismemberment, though 2 might even be though for that, 1 is minimal, 0 is off)

My problem before (haven't tried it since reformatting) is that on the last two levels on the "Dark Side Path" dismemberment stops working on enemies and only works on ME (the player). That's with the 1.01 patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the different ways for single player . I finaly got it to work. I put this in my autoexec.cfg:

helpusobi 1

seta g_sabermorerealistic 2

seta g_dismemberprobabilities 100

seta g_dismemberment 3

seta broadsword 1

Then I installed Ojp 1.04.

Then It still wouldn't work. But, I found that if I typed "g_saberrealisticcombat 9999999" in the console, it would work, but only on the next two enemies to die :confused:

Which is stupid, so anyways, I just added this cvar to my autoexec.cfg:

bind mouse1 "+attack; g_saberrealisticcombat 9999999;"

just like that, so now it works (everything, waist, head, ect...) about 9/10 times. 1 might be a high enough value to, I don't know, I didn't try, I just know this works for me.

Edit: Why couldn't it just be like JO:confused: It was so simple.

Archived