Home

Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project), Cont....

Antizac

Something was wrong with the last thread - I couldn't post for like, weeks...

so...

Continuing on.

Originally posted by Pahricida

...Is somewhere out there a documentation about JKA Playermodel Bones?

I'd like to know wich bones are unused in JKA

I never found (or used, rather) any documentation, on JA bones. When I converted the Link model for JA, I just kept trouble-shooting, until I got them all. I do know that you'll be removing alot of the "finger bones"....

Originally posted by se7enraven

LOL. This is the longest I have ever seen a person work on a model. Antizac has been working on this project for over two years now, so anyone hodling there breath for this model, I might suggest you move on and in like, 5 more years maybe there might be a release. P.S-Iknow this is the 2nd try at this model, that's why I called it a project. ;)

Actually, I've been working on "The Rising Empire" for over 2 years now, (Started a few levels for MotS, and then moved on to JO, now JA. I Should be done with Part 1 by this summer.)

I only just started this model back in late February (2003), so it hasn't been a whole year, yet.

It will be out SOON, though...

In other news:

An Update:

I finally finished my "Insane detail", that I was talking about...

...It requires shaders, though. (which I have written, and will provide with the model)

Check it out:

leela_shot1.txt

leela_shot2.txt

Here's a little break down of the "eye detail", showing how eyes really should be on JO/JA models.

(it really humanizes the model.)

leela_detail1.txt

Need to tone down the shine on the eyes, but that's basically finished. Next it's the weighting problems with the dress, (and some texture mapping, if the legs don't work out right.)

Comments?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a small update showing the progress on the model:

leela_progress1.txt

At the moment, I'm only showing 4 differnces (which is a very small fraction, of the many different variations you can get from this model.

Right now, I only need some slight tweaking done on the mini skirt - and I *might* add a removeable Jedi cloak, yet, if it doesn't take too much time...

...After this It'll be set for release...

...punch and pie.

Comments?

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

A cloak would be icing on the cake. :)

Indeed, it would be...

the cloak is now on her, and it looks better than I was expecting...

leela_progress3.txt

I tested it in JO - and so far - not one blank surface (even with all those seperate meshes, I thought for sure I was gonna have to make ANOTHER seperate model)

Now I just have to adjust the hand tag (that was giving me trouble before), and delete one or two over-lapping faces - and she's done....

...But right now the texture mapping is finished, and I need to get my resources together, and write up a lengthy readme, when all this is done...so...

Comments?

Originally posted by jp-30

Can you give us a hint of the various surf-able parts on the model?

surfOff "head_hair head_hair_short head_ponytailb head_ponytail head_xtrahair_front hips_miniskirt hips_augted hips_skirt hips_augted cloak torso_vest"

From the short hair skin...

When "torso_vest" is in use you want the "torso" to be off, since "torso_vest" takes it's place (it'll overlap otherwise)

Same with "hips_miniskirt" and "hips_skirt" - when either of those are in use, turn off "hips" and turn on "hips_augted"

The same will apply to many of the hair meshes.

I love that cloak! Will it be included in the final version?

Most definetly! It looks too good to leave out. =)

"HOLY SH*T. I have never, ever seen such a great model in my life!"

"It looks blooming amazing, Antizac!"

...and thank you, all. =)

And don't forget...

...This is just the Jedi Version. I still have the Civilian version to make. Which will be about the same, only she'll have a jacket, different hair (maybe), Left and right "blaster-holsters" And a few other accessories, minus a few from the Jedi Version.

And (If I get this far) the JA version will have everything in one model (since JA can support more meshes), AND will be a selectable player.

I am truly speechless at how great this model looks; beyond superb job Antizac, well worth the wait.

I was wondering though, if you can't make the JA version into a selectable player (like the default combinable meshes) will you still release the civilian/Jedi versions in the same pk3? And the variations will they all be defaults?

The reason I ask is because of that damn icon limit in the MP selection screen which starts to eliminate icons once you have more than whatever the limit is. Especially since I passed way above that and with some of the excellent models coming (such as Leela and Malak) I will have to reedit some pk3 packs to be able to fit all of these models once they come out.

Thanks for all the hard work and again Leela is just terrific.

Originally posted by Archonon

The reason I ask is because of that damn icon limit in the MP selection screen which starts to eliminate icons once you have more than whatever the limit is. Especially since I passed way above that and with some of the excellent models coming (such as Leela and Malak) I will have to reedit some pk3 packs to be able to fit all of these models once they come out.

You can help this problem by opening the .pk3 files of skins you don't use often (like skins for other clans that you want to see others use, but you dont actually use them yourself) and deleteing the icon files. Then you either write down the model/skin name or memorize it to use with the "model <model>/<skin>" command. It then becomes like the hidden skins that came with the game; like the prisoner skin whos command to load is: "model prisoner/elder". (BTW if you don't know .pk3 are openable with winzip. And deleteing icons will not stop others from being able to see you or you see them useing the skin.)

Thanks for the tip StarViperPilot, I used to do that with JO all the time. As you can imagine it gets a bit problematic when really big skin packs such as AOTCTC's Fetts or Clones has to be edited which is why I wanted to know if Antizac planned on not having everything together so I wouldn't have to do that too much with Leela (I already will have to delete most from those two packs in order to allow Leela and a few new ones in).

Again, thanks :)

Well as reported Plasma is putting on the finishing touches. Heres what it says from Plasma's site:

"The model is amazing and I suspect will be out very soon. Dak has added even more options than I thought and improved on the original model greatly. One problem i had with the original was the dress and skirt, Dak has not only tried to address my issues he has also added a mini-skirt complete with a seperate hips augmentation that allows the skirt to blend seamlessly with the model = no mess or fuss."

-Plasma

This is gonna be one nice model!!

Archived