Home

Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project), Cont....

Antizac

Yeah, I just noticed that...

It's alright Kengo, I know you guys at PCGM, can only do so much...

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

:eek: Bu.. I... Eh... U..... :eek:

*Clicks rapidly. Very very rapidly*

Michaelmexp's rapid clicking, must have over-loaded the server... ;)

...It'll be up at JK2Files, in a few days, too, hopefully.

If PCGM isn't up by then, there'll be abother place to download it from.

I just hope there's nothing seriously wrong with PCGM.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Michaelmexp

Is there any way to surfOn/Off stuff in Jedi Academy? I've tried to get a skirt on one of the models but surfon doesen't work.

I haven't seen Academy models use .surf files... basically, all you have to do, is find the line for that surface in the .skin file, and after the surface name, type *off - example:

hipsa,models/players/jan/darkredlegs.tga
hipsa_belt,*off
hipsa_chaps,*off
r_lega,models/players/jan/darkredlegs.tga

I've also noticed, when making Edward Peretti's Mara Jade model into a selectable class, that you can't have a surface toggled off in one skin, and on in another skin (like toggle off torso surfaces on a head skin, then turning them on for a torso skin) - you just have to delete the lines of any surface you don't want (or need) for that particular skin.

Looks good, and looks nicely set-up for skinning! :thumbsup:

I've run into a problem, though: the model won't load up in Modview. The error isn't from the model, though... I've seen it with other Outcast models: the bone count doesn't match the humanoid.gla bone count.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Edit: Nevermind, I found you can tell ModView to use a different GLA file when you load a glm, so it works. :)

Yeah, getting that "shaggy hair" look, was taking me too much time - so I kinda ripped it off the Dante model, and tweaked it a bit. (thanks for being cool 'bout that, BTW.) I gave you credit in the readme, but I don't think I brought it up here very much. =)

Well, everyone -

Graves, did me an awesome favor...

He got rid of the crappy, white, alpha outline on the hair...

I updated the pk3, and zip accordingly - and it works beautifully...

leela_b4_Aftah.txt

I have a fix for this, ready to go, but it might be some time before PCGameMods lets me log in again....

Hopefully JK2Files gets the updated .pk3, instead of the old one...

Thanks, for everything Graves! =)

[EDIT:]

YAY!!! PCGameMods, is back to full-functionality!

Update, yo:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4160/

Great model it is but there is some negative things in it too:

1. Eyes looks bit WEARD...

2. And the biger problem is the waist line... (shose polygons

which form the seam between torso and hips aren't parallel

which causes strong seam ingame because of the bit coarse

lighting JA has...)

Originally posted by AJL

Great model it is but there is some negative things in it too:

1. Eyes looks bit WEARD...

2. And the biger problem is the waist line... (shose polygons

which form the seam between torso and hips aren't parallel

which causes strong seam ingame because of the bit coarse

lighting JA has...)

..........................................................................................................................uh....huh.......................

Well....

um...

I suppose I *COULD* spend several thousand dollars, in U.S. Currency to buy the XSI Softimage software, just so I can weld the verticies, on all the seperate meshes - just to make the nit-pickers happy... (I'm gonna stop right here...)

Basically, if there *was* a way to fix it with the tools I had, I would have. I should know, I spent a year on this...

[EDIT:]

YAY!!! PCGameMods, is back to full-functionality!

Update, yo:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4160/

Originally posted by Archonon

...does the model have or not the bone tag for JA double saber animations?

Well, let me put it this way:

It wouldn't work in JO at all, if that was the case.

The tag *is* there, but it's been weighted to the l_hand_bone (as with all JO models).

JO only supports the r_hang_tag_bone - it doesn't support the l_hang_tag_bone at all, so it has to be weighted to the closest thing: l_hand_bone.

In my opinion - If Raven was gonna even have a left hand tag in JO, they should have fully supported it. But that's me.

At least they did the right thing with JA, and used the left_hang_tag_bone. But they should have supported all the finger bones, like they did in JO. Ah, well it's hardly noticeable anyway. (atleast they have opposeable fingers).

Well, enough of my lecturing...

I'll have a JA version out sometime...

And it'll have all the meshes of both the Civilian, and the Jedi versions, combined into one. (Because JA, can support more meshes, at once, on any given model.)

This is definately one of the best models I've seen. I did run into a bit of a snafu though. I was fighting against the long hair version bot (I'm testing if I make them right) and after I killed her when she respawned she nowhad the cloak and untextured miniskirt which is not supposed to be on the long hair version.

The second time she respawned, she again had the cloak and mini and after we dueled for a bit, the game froze and then returned to the main menu giving me a warning about exceeding shader limits.

My question is, looking at the different versions all have mini, cloak, etc active in their skin files. Should I put that off command in the skin file to toggle off the mini and cloak that aren't supposed to show up in the first place? Or is there another way I could prevent the shader error occuring again when the bot respawns?

Thanks and great model!

Originally posted by Archonon

This is definately one of the best models I've seen. I did run into a bit of a snafu though. I was fighting against the long hair version bot (I'm testing if I make them right) and after I killed her when she respawned she nowhad the cloak and untextured miniskirt which is not supposed to be on the long hair version...

I assume you were playing Jedi Academy...

The problem is that the model uses Jedi Outcast method

in disabling surfases (those surf files) which doesn't work

properly in Jedi Academy...

If you want to get them working in Jedi Academy you

have to remove the surfaces from those Skin files...

(check what surfaces are turned off in those surf files

and then replace the texture dir of those surfaces

with *off in the skin files...)

Example:

hips_miniskirt,models/players/leela_jedi/minis.tga

-->

hips_miniskirt,*off

Fixed "JA" skin files:

http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/leela_fix.zip

Archived