Home

My friends make fun of me because I do not want to get drunk...

Reborn Outcast

Originally posted by Acrylic

Good for you Reborn. Those type of people are not your friends AT ALL. Forget them, and move on to different friends.

Because they make a few jokes about him? Trust me, if you take advice like this, you're going to end up a lonely guy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bah! Don't listen to all these people tell you how crappy a hangover is. Once you're a full blown alcoholic like myself, you don't get them anymore. And besides, who has time for a hangover, when there's all this drinking to do? That's the answer, don't stop drinking, then your hangover woes are a thing of the past.

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

Are you talking to me or Hotrod boy?

He's talking to reborn...and if you're implying I have those thoughts because im too young to "get it"...there's no reason to call me a "boy" I'm old enough to have my own life, and I own my own business, thank you very much. :mad:

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Bah! Don't listen to all these people tell you how crappy a hangover is. Once you're a full blown alcoholic like myself, you don't get them anymore. And besides, who has time for a hangover, when there's all this drinking to do? That's the answer, don't stop drinking, then your hangover woes are a thing of the past.

Errrr, what little world are you living in? :rolleyes:

Reborn, if you don't want to get drunk thats fine. Guy's your age are always a little cruel when someone doesn't follow the group, but just because you don't to get drunk doesn't mean you can't drink. ;)

Two months and one day ago I was on a weekend field trip to Philadelphia. This type of trip was notorious for its afterhours, rule-breaking parties. I had the unpleasant experience of having taken part in the last one.

It was roughly 1:00 AM when the organizers started sneaking people into the party room, and when they were all there, the beverage started to pour. A particularly bad vodka and sprite mixture if I remember correctly. I had some, my friends had some, the majority of us were reasonably drunk. Everyone had left at about 3:00, all except for one. When she got a bit out of control, I called her roommate to come get her. As she was leaving, a hotel security guard popped out of a door by mere coincidence to check the unaffiliated room next to us. First question: who is your advisor.

The lot of us were suspended, banned from overnight fieldtrips, and kicked out of the Nation Honors Society. Looking back on my life, I don't regret it, because that's useless, but had I the chance to do it over again, I would change a few decisions.

Don't be afraid to be who you are, because if you try to be someone else, you won't be happy, you'll be empty inside.

That seemed relevant.

Originally posted by C Shutt

Because they make a few jokes about him? Trust me, if you take advice like this, you're going to end up a lonely guy.

WEll, from what I read, they make more than a few jokes about him. I've had people make fun of me cuz I didnt wanna hang out and smoke weed with them after school, but they didnt pressure me, and they are my friends still. But, others, that FORCE you, are NOT your friends. Your true friends will respect your decision.

Drinking beer doesnt mean you'll go to hell. or you'll feel like **** the next morning.

Your young, have some fun. Life throws so much crap at you and age will hit you like a ton of bricks. I have two friends who refused to drink or do anything close to what they think is morally wrong. I let them be, but they are very boring sometimes. Dont take me wrong, they are great friends. can have fun. but they are afraid to try different things. like if an experiment. you have to try different things.

Take a risk. When you'll be 60 years old and you'll look back at your child hood, you wont get to see you did a lot of things if you refuse to try stuff.

i dont know if this makes sence to you, but it does to me. dont lock yourself up. you might surprise yourself

My best advice is not to be such a pansy about it. Seriously.

Don't do the "that doesn't appeal to me" crap. That doesn't get you anywhere. Just fire right back at them. Make fun of them for being drunk idiots. Call who of your friends will be the first to toss their cookies. When one of them falls down, laugh so hard it hurts. Better yet, kick them. Be just as brutal to them as they are to you, just in a friendly manner. Chances are, they're not 100% serious, they're just friends, dude. They're just looking for a good time. So don't be such a killjoy about it, just continue not drinking without being so serious about it.

Originally posted by BongoBob

I forgot to mention the sex thing. Just out of curiosity(and no religious flaming) what religion are you, if any? Just sounds like you're a really rightious man, and I respect you a whole lot now.

:)

I'm a Christian, but this is still moral stuff that my parents have taught me. And I look to my older (22-23 years old) cousins as role-models, and they're good about that stuff.

And I'm not going to dump my friends. As someone said, it would make me a very lonely person. But, I do think they respect my decision, everytime one of them always stands up for me, and they never push it anywhere past the ribbing and making fun of me thing. So I think they respect how I think.

And to Datheus, yeah you're right I shouldn't take it so seriously, but it's not that easy to fire back sometimes when it's 5 vs. me lol.

And to TheJackal... you're telling me that I should experiment on crack? Weed? Pills? If I try that, I can say for a fact that when I'm 60, I'm not going to look back on that stuff and be proud about it. And hey, the amazingly high chance to die from drugs is worth the risk right? Not in my point of view. I'de rather be a friend that people can come to for advice, even if I am boring, and not some mushy-brained idiot (no offence meant to anyone who does this) with puncture wounds all up and down his arm. And hey, when I'm in college and out of college, who says I have to hang out with people where I would be "boring" anyway?

Datheus:

"they're just friends, dude. They're just looking for a good time. So don't be such a killjoy about it, just continue not drinking without being so serious about it."

They rae budging him to the point where he FEELS UNCOMFORTABLE AROUND THEM. If they make him uncomfortable, then they aren't acting like his friends, are they?

RP - Rythe is younger than you, anyways, I have no clue why he called you boy. :p

Do yourself a favour and don't listen to any of these punks here :p Do what the f**k YOU want to do, and not what anyone tells you to do.

And no, I'm not playing Devil's Advocate here - I genuinely believe you should do what you feel is right - don't let people force you into something you don't want to do. That's a bad way to approach life.

Originally posted by Datheus

My best advice is not to be such a pansy about it. Seriously.

Don't do the "that doesn't appeal to me" crap. That doesn't get you anywhere. Just fire right back at them. Make fun of them for being drunk idiots. Call who of your friends will be the first to toss their cookies. When one of them falls down, laugh so hard it hurts. Better yet, kick them. Be just as brutal to them as they are to you, just in a friendly manner. Chances are, they're not 100% serious, they're just friends, dude. They're just looking for a good time. So don't be such a killjoy about it, just continue not drinking without being so serious about it.

YAY!!! :D

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

He's talking to reborn...and if you're implying I have those thoughts because im too young to "get it"...there's no reason to call me a "boy" I'm old enough to have my own life, and I own my own business, thank you very much. :mad:

WOAH! *wip crack*

I was meaning it in a figure of speach, it's better than Hotrod DUDE!..........I surpose I could have called you by your name...........BUT I didn't!:p

Originally posted by The_One

Do yourself a favour and don't listen to any of these punks here :p Do what the f**k YOU want to do, and not what anyone tells you to do.

And no, I'm not playing Devil's Advocate here - I genuinely believe you should do what you feel is right - don't let people force you into something you don't want to do. That's a bad way to approach life.

To One, you listen ;) He's right. This is is your life, given to you. So use it how you want. If you wanna stick by your principles/morals, you should bloody well do so.

Originally posted by Darklighter

To One, you listen ;) He's right. This is is your life, given to you. So use it how you want. If you wanna stick by your principles/morals, you should bloody well do so.

Aww. You British people and your use of bloody. How cute. :p

Archived