Home

Darth Malak

ksk h2o

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi trent.

If you take a look in the other thread I made, you'll see there is a new grayfox pack going (whcich this model is part of).

In this version grayfox beccomes a custom model type with selectable head/lorso/legs combinations. All the sounds will be re-enabled and darth malak will be one of the selectable head/torso/legs combinations.

If the skin you made is based on new textures which you created, you can send it to me and I will include it in the new model with credits given to you (like Maximus and Miyamoto in the orginal Grayfox). If the skin we are taling about is just a re-coloring or based on using the existing textures in the original model, then I can't do anything about that.

Otherwise, if you did create new textures but don't want it included in the new pack, you can just send it in as a re-skin. Most sites will put it up without asking for authorization if we are talking about your own textures and not re-coloring. If you don't want it included in the pack, it might be worthwhile to wait untill the pack is done and released, and make your skin into an additional skin available for the pack.

Cheers,

ksk

Originally posted by ksk h2o

If the skin you made is based on new textures which you created, you can send it to me and I will include it in the new model with credits given to you (like Maximus and Miyamoto in the orginal Grayfox). If the skin we are taling about is just a re-coloring or based on using the existing textures in the original model, then I can't do anything about that.

Otherwise, if you did create new textures but don't want it included in the new pack, you can just send it in as a re-skin. Most sites will put it up without asking for authorization if we are talking about your own textures and not re-coloring. If you don't want it included in the pack, it might be worthwhile to wait untill the pack is done and released, and make your skin into an additional skin available for the pack.

If you don't understand this, ask ksk h20 to break it down so it's more clear.

It's a clear enough decision for me, though, so the download will remain disabled.

First of all, any reskins based off the Grey Fox model by ksk that I've found have had their download disabled or they have been removed.

Let me break down the conversation between you two, so you can see what I see.

Originally posted by Trentonite

but i need his permission to reskin and post it up (according to pcgamemods.com) lol

He saw you say that you needed permission from him before PCGM would re-enable the download.

Originally posted by ksk h20

If the skin we are taling about is just a re-coloring or based on using the existing textures in the original model, then I can't do anything about that.

By "I can't do anything about that," I presume he means I won't give you permission (please, correct me if I'm wrong here, ksk).

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again: if ksk gives permission for your recoloring of his original skin to be distributed on PCGM, I'll re-enable it. Until then, I consider the matter closed.

Sorry for the hijack, ksk - nice work on Malak.

I can't give permission for re-colored skins.

Most of the skins in the original grayfox model were not done by me, so it's not my permission to give in the first place. For the skins that I did, I still cannot allow simple re-colors to be submitted as new skins.

From what I understand, you added alpha layers for some new shader that you put into the skin (I may be wrong) while that does have some creativity in it, untill they create a 'shaders' sub section along with skins, we cannot have re-colors with varied shaders roaming around as new skins.

Archived