Home

Darth Malak

ksk h2o

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tFighterPilot

And don't forget to write u instead of you, some1 instead of someone, and generaly make a lot of typos.

Right. And, to make people really like you, speak in leet. Because, as everyone knows, anyone who uses a computer is fluent in leet. w007.

Originally posted by Beast1234

"And ksk h2o is the malak model finished

Plz say"

darthviper107

"When will this model be up? I've wanted to make a model but if yours is up then I won't have to. Also, how did you take the textures out of KOTOR?"

Has this whole board gone stupid?

For god sake people, scroll up and read the other posts!

Update:

I have been away for a while for work. Finally have some time to get back on this.

I haven't been able to fix the model selection problem in the custom model menu. Right now the selectable race only shows up when the rest of the base fodler is emptied from mods and somehow the race name is blank. For the life of me I can't figure out what is causing this.

The sound problem is still here. Only one sound per selectable race.

It looks like I'll be doing the following: I'll be splitting the model into multiple folders which will mean multiple selectable races. I don't know how this will affect the selection menu problem, but we will see. This way Malak, with his two heads and some alternate skins/meshes will be another race from grayfox and the ninja and the samurai mesh.

I'm getting to work on the samurai mesh now.

I skinned one of your models in the past, so the least I can do is try and help u out here.

Getting the name to show up has everything to do with the .string file and what letter the .pk3 file starts with.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3548/

I'm going to use this skin I made with your grayfox model (don't worry, I gave u credit) as an example.

I think u know what a string is, but here's an explanation anyway. The path for it is strings/english/menus.str. U need to copy it from assets0 and paste it into your model's directory.

For the string, open it up with notepad, then u need to add a new line for your species, after the other species (JEDI_ZF, JEDI_TF, etc). I'm not sure if u do/don't have to put JEDI_ in front of every species, but I know it'll work that way, so that's all I've done so far.

REFERENCE JEDI_GU

NOTES "For character menu"

LANG_ENGLISH "Guyver"

Also, the letter that your .pk3 file starts with is important.

If it starts with A, it is the last to be loaded and therefore, the assets string will take precedence over your string, making your species title show up blank. To be safe, name it with Z_ in front of it. This makes it so your file will take precedence over all the other files.

Z_Guyver_Algar.pk3

*If you've downloaded custom species b4 and want their names to show up too, u need to edit the .str file in the .pk3 that is closest to Z and add the names of all those other species.

I know this is a shot in the dark and u have lots to do anyway, but take a look at this character Guyver http://www.mechanicalrage.it/html/guyver.htm and see if it sparks an interest for a model. It's not a HUGE departure from the greyfox model, and I'd be happy to skin it again.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Nice1 IS.

I'm eager to see how these skins turn up.

Thanks for the info Algar. I actually had my pk3 named aaa.pk3 so it showed up on the very top of the list, and as you said, the assets string files kept overwriting my custom menu file.

For the Guyver model, that is a pretty sweet character, yet it IS a whole NEW model, if done properly. Once this pack is finished (with the samurai mesh) if I have the time and the game is still alive I'll take a shot at him.

What remains to be done for the model pack:

The skinning of course,

Modelling the Samurai Mesh,

Adding Malak's Shaders,

Adjusting the folder setup so Malak shows up separately as well, with his own sounds.

"Man i see that is finished but who can i download Malak -.-"

OMG, stop asking, he just answered in his last post that he is still working on it. ksk h2o you must have the patience of a saint to endure all these people begging for a release date.

Archived