Home

Darth Malak

ksk h2o

I'm trying to think if I should get a cloth shader or go ahead and just make the texture part of the skin itself. I still need to make the team color versions. Oh and I also went and looked at the malak skin, dude, Awesome converting it from kotor.

*update* fixed up the face a bit more. I'm having a bit of trouble evening out the shading on the textures. Seems no matter what I try they don't blend together, I'm going to keep trying. Here's an update shot of the face.

ninja_face.jpg

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking sweeter by the minute!

I have to learn how to skin properly... it would help me so much in the future....

Mapping the Malak model to fit the skins from KOTOR was a pain in the ass to say the least, but the end result looks pretty good. I have to say I myself am pretty impressed with how the all those maddening fold lines actually match up on the wrap around.

Originally posted by ksk h2o

looking sweeter by the minute!

I have to learn how to skin properly... it would help me so much in the future....

Mapping the Malak model to fit the skins from KOTOR was a pain in the ass to say the least, but the end result looks pretty good. I have to say I myself am pretty impressed with how the all those maddening fold lines actually match up on the wrap around.

I got your updated model and It seems it helped align alot of the textures better, so I think some of my work for today just got cut in half :p

*edit*

ninja_360view.gif

:D

If you are having some alignment issues, you can send me the textures causing the problem and I'll fix the mapping according to the textures.

Of course I have to test the mapping changes (if any) with LightNinja's skin as well. =)

The skin is looking sweet.

A quick question, how do you plan on finishing the forearms, lower leg, and the heade_faceplate?

As you can see the mesh 'narrows' at the forearms, and lower leg as if the ninja robe was contained by either some sort of bracer, leg guard or some sort of banding... I was wondering if you were going to implement any sort of accesories on his forearms or just leave them unified with the rest of his robe.

How about making an alternate head where the heade_faceplate surface is a metal plate (shinobi style)?

Just some thoughts and suggestions. =)

oh and by the way... the samurai is started... it will take some time though....

If you are having some alignment issues, you can send me the textures causing the problem and I'll fix the mapping according to the textures.

Of course I have to test the mapping changes (if any) with LightNinja's skin as well. =)

The skin is looking sweet.

A quick question, how do you plan on finishing the forearms, lower leg, and the heade_faceplate?

As you can see the mesh 'narrows' at the forearms, and lower leg as if the ninja robe was contained by either some sort of bracer, leg guard or some sort of banding... I was wondering if you were going to implement any sort of accesories on his forearms or just leave them unified with the rest of his robe.

How about making an alternate head where the heade_faceplate surface is a metal plate (shinobi style)?

Just some thoughts and suggestions. =)

oh and by the way... the samurai is started... it will take some time though....

Yeah, I was just taking my time to get the armguards to look right, getting textures drawn up. I finally got them done and I got the plate on the head metallic, it could use a shader, so could the forearm guards.

ninja_faceupdate.jpg

ninja_update360.gif

If you could make a shader for the forearms make it a more battle worn reflection. :)

He's looking well on his way. =)

I'll take a shot at the shader once you're at that point.

Screenshot spectacular day?

duo.jpg

looks awesome. You planning on adding the crest on the helmet? I could send you the textures I did for the ninja if you want them, I'm ready for that shader, so... yeah... gah I'm getting tired. x_x

and with alternate head:

duo2.jpg

Sure I'll be glad to try on the ninja textures and work on the shader.

A question for you, are you willing to skin a little more?

I could add an alternate chest plate, a more classical one compared to dou's artsy fartsy one, but I'll only do it If you're willing to skin both chest plates (the worst thing is to finish modelling and let it sit there without a skin).

Another quick question, if you have the time and patience to make an alternate skin for ONLY the torso/arms of the ninja, to make it look like a kimono, I think it would look pretty bad ass if one were to pick the armor samurai lower body and the kimono top.... just a thought though.

I too am at a loss as too this malak in a ninja pack, the samuria are great, however it makes no sense at all to put malak in a ninja model pack, he has no japanese relations apart from the fact that his jaw was made in Tokyo *kidding about the jaw* :confused: what the heck is going on here, malak, samuria, conection lost.....atempting to regain connection......... failure

Malak is great, the samurai are great, the ninjas....... good, well the lack of clothing detail seriously detracts from the ninjas, but there is no connection :confused:

While modelling these, I kept the same hip base and neck base, this way the heads, and torso, can be interchanged.

This is a custom model pack and one of the meshes is Darth malak (explained in first post). There are Five other meshes besides the Malak body in the bustom model pack, and you will be able to change the appearance of malak's torso, to whaterver the skinners will make in the future. Someone may make an armored malak skin (not samurai but the other armor mesh), and this way you'll have a Malak wearing an armor resembling a mandalorian armor or whatever. Someone may also skin the other heads in the model to make it look like Darth bandon and use either the armor torso and loose pants lower body to make a darth bandon skin to the meshes, it is all possible.

Depending on how big the model pack gets, I might have to release a stand alone version of malak.

I'm actually thinking about releasing each model as a stand alone version as well (for those that do not care about the versatility a custom pack brings).

Malak is NOT finished yet. I need to finish the shader, add weighing to the face, and add the bolts that make him compatible with OJP.

I guess we should carry the discussions about the other meshes into another thread to avoid confusion, I'll be bumping the actualy custom model pack's thread back up and updating it with the new photos. We'll try to keep this thread to malak only.

If a moderator could move the last few posts about the ninja/samurai meshes into the other thread it would be very helpful.

I myself would like to see Malak on his on, because I have put together a model pack for myself. It has nothing, but Jedi and Sith characters. Every knew one that comes out I add them to the same PK3. All the better models out there of Vader and so on.

If Malak was released with some unrelated characters it would add extra work for me lol to separate them.

i whole heartedly agree with cosmos on this one. however my reasons are i have a 56k and big file sizes take too long, and malaks not a ninja so he doesnt belong in this pack, and im usually not interested in heaps and heaps of non starwars models

but its still your work, and im just offering my opinion.

excellent work though

Archived