Home

Darth Malak

ksk h2o

He's got the saber staff stance so he can kick... and he does.

The saber staff stance works okay with a regular or inverted saber. If there was a way to make him kick you in any stance, that would be better but hey.

He also does the crouch+forward+attack combo where he twirls his saber around, looks neat, debatable in efficiency.

Pull 4... very good point. I'll definitely bump that up.

As for Mindtrick 4... I'm guessing you're saying that for the player character rather than the spawnable boss... bc who would the boss dominate? I'm hesitating weather to remove all the force power settings for the player character... I mean If one wanted to give himself a certain force setting they could just use the console. I don't want to ruin it for people that just want to play the game looking like malak and not feel like they are cheating.

How about putting 2 player malak versions, one that doesn't give you extra force, stances, etc. and one that does.

One would be npc malak and the other malak_cheat or something.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is one downside to making a weak 'malak' player character...

one can always spawn the player malak (npc spawn malak) to fight alongside him, and that malak would be one weak ally. I'd have to make it clear in the readme that they should spawn npc malak_cheat or whatever it's called if they want to spawn an ally.

Also to note the player malak/ally malak is shorter than the boss as the boss' size looks a liitle awkward to play in, but looks great to fight against.

You can make the npc kick with any stance by adding the line in the cfg that tells it to use a custom saber.

You would have to make a new saber ".sab" file and then use one of the many controls to make the saber non-throwable. Then the npc will kick when using that saber.

The downside being that he won't use saber throw anymore (if you consider that a downside). ;)

So, if you want him to still throw the saber this won't work, otherwise this would let him kick with any stance.

I've tried fighting an npc with the throwing ability off and it was pretty fun and still very challenging. It's worth a test if you want to see what it would be like.

:lsduel:

With the staff stance, isn't the saber held out horizontaly? If so then using the saber staff style is ingenious. Cause in the game (kotor) he stands like that before attacking. Another thing, mind trick level 4 would rock. U know, I'm gonna try that, next time I'm ingame. As for health, almost everybody thought the bosses sucked. They were weak and a poor ending. So 700 health would be quite appropriate.

Originally posted by Admiral Chemix

With the staff stance, isn't the saber held out horizontaly? If so then using the saber staff style is ingenious. Cause in the game (kotor) he stands like that before attacking. Another thing, mind trick level 4 would rock. U know, I'm gonna try that, next time I'm ingame. As for health, almost everybody thought the bosses sucked. They were weak and a poor ending. So 700 health would be quite appropriate.

All 22 of your posts have come from asking for stuff hasn't it?

Originally posted by keshire

All 22 of your posts have come from asking for stuff hasn't it?

hehe, misquote.... that button is awkwardly placed anyways.

Alright, the health is going up.

Had I had a custom saber for malak I would go through that procedure to make him kick in any stance. Plus it would allow me to change around the specials, the stance animations, attack power etc.

I'll think about it. Although I'm not sure people would want me to hold the release just for the addition of a saber.... =(

Oh and update: I fixed a bug in the neck section that caused clipping.

no, they are not all from asking, I merely ask alot in the jk3 forums. U didn't have to put it so rudely either. I ask alot, yeah, that I do, however I intend to give allot as soon as it is possible.

he misquoted you.

he was trying to quote Beast.

=)

alright took a look at the only pic I could find with malak and his saber, the rest had the default ingame saber. It wasn't complex enough, So I make it pretty acurate then added a few deatails. Like a star forge symbole, I can easily remove it if u want it to be completely cannon. I need to ask somebody about how to use the md3 exporter plugin for max so I can export this thing

alright took a look at the only pic I could find with malak and his saber, the rest had the default ingame saber. It wasn't complex enough, So I make it pretty acurate then added a few deatails. Like a star forge symbole, I can easily remove it if u want it to be completely cannon. I need to ask somebody about how to use the md3 exporter plugin for max so I can export this thing

Thanks for the offer and the work you did Chemix...

Unfortunately I already released the file. Since the saber is single player only I just had him use kyle's saber. The .sab file got the job done. Hopefully in the future release I'll have a multiplayer hilt for him as well. I'd gladly include your hilt in the future release (the model pack) if you want.

The file is up at PC Gamemeods and has been submittted to:

JediKnight2.net

Massasi

Polycount

If anyone has another idea for a host or would like to host it, let me know.

Cheers,

ksk

Originally posted by ksk h2o

Remember, 'malak' is the player's character and 'darth_malak' is the spawnable enemy.

I didn't give the player model much force or health just so that people that just wanted to play as him didn't feel like they were cheating much (it already gives them almost all saber stances).

As for giving darth malak 700 health... well... kyle_boss is at 300 health and posessed tavion at 400 so I was staying with what the game gave bosses as health... 700 would be wayyy wayyy too much. I could give him as much health as posessed tavion, 400, but keep in mind that he has a LOT of force power and is a very agressive dark side force user, plus he varies the four stances and throws you his saber like bat out of hell.

Oh and he really speaks a LOT when fighting with you in single player... I have to say I like his provocative personality. >=)

I Made a maul npc with 5000 health >_> i love the long fights ;). But it is your work so you can do whatever, I'll just make my own npc I guess. oh, the hangovers gone by the way :p

well I went and made my own npc for malak >_> I prefer him over yours personally, he was more of a challenge ;)

darth_malak

{

fullName "Darth_Malak"

playerModel malak

customSkin red

scale 120

weapon WP_SABER

saber saber_vtraining1

saberColor red

saberLength 42

saberRadius 2.1

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 2

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 4

saberStyle 5

saberStyle 7

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_SEE 3

FP_SPEED 2

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

FP_SABERTHROW 3

forcePowerMax 250

forceRegenRate 1 makes him a hell of a challenge right there.

rank captain

aggression 5

aim 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

move 5

reactions 5

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_DESANN

health 5000 adds tons of fun

visrange 2048

hfov 160

vfov 160

vigilance 0.4

yawSpeed 200

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

acceleration 20

snd malak

sndcombat malak

sndextra malak

sndjedi malak

dismemberProbArms 40

dismemberProbHands 55

dismemberProbHead 55

dismemberProbLegs 40

}

I just downloaded the model and checked it out. Great Job!:)

It must have been a lot of work trying to make the unwrapped model to match up with the KOTOR textures, but it came out great.

I did notice a few things in the files though. In the .jkb file for the bot there is a "Y" missing at the beginning of the word "You'll" in one of the killed responses.

Also, the icons in the model directory that say "default" and "no mask" seem to have been switched. Just a simple rename to fix it though.

I haven't checked out the SP one yet, so I'll be doing that next.

Again, awesome job and I look forward to your updated pack.:D

Archived