Home

Secret vehicles?

ExcelsioN

Seeing as we're already going to get secret characters (Darth Vader and Luke) do you think Pandemic/LEC will include vehicle unlockables or just normal vehicles like the Millenium Falcon or Slave 1?

And if they do make a Hoth map, what do you think's the chance that we get an AT-AT to smash stuff with? :rolleyes::atat:

Originally posted by Mamba

I wanna be wikkit. I hope hes unlockable.

:lol: That would be funny. An Ewok running around with a blaster rifle shooting AT-ST's and killing Stormtroopers.:rolleyes:

Perhaps we'll get that Eowk walking stick that they all have in SWGB to hit people with. :rofl:

Originally posted by Excelsion

Yeah, podracers would be cool. Perhaps they could make it like the one from Star Wars Demolition. But would the maps be big enough considering that pods go so fast?

If they were added, they would probably go the speed of normal ships, i'm guessing.

Originally posted by Mamba

on a serious note now, i hope Pod racers are unloackable, just to transport jedi's (since they're the only ones who can handle them) to places they want to go quickly.

well, you as a player couldnt get much out that, since jedis are only gonna be NPCs. I wouldnt really find it fun that your teammate flew around in a pod, slashing down stormtroopers with a lightsaber while ou have to stick to blaster rifles. Ewoks are probably gonna be walking around Endor, so I guess they are good candidates for unlockables.

but how cool wouldnt it be to be Jango in charge of a regiment of Clone Troopers :D.

Originally posted by RoxStar

That would be a great campaign. If you got to command them and they covered you like in Call of Duty?

Ah..... sweet sweet thoughts.

I hope it's not like the Call of Duty..they were ok some times, but other times they just completely sucked. (Most notably in Pegasus and the one with you shooting the Stukkas)

By unlockable characters, they didn't mean that you'd be able to play as them. In the GameSpy interview, it was stated that they wanted you to be "the grunt out on the front lines". I believe the "unlockable characters" will fight along side you, and go and do all the heroic stuff for continuity's sake ;)

I also get the feeling that most of the vehicle's we've come to love will be in there, if they do the Battle of Geonosis right, it should be pretty spectacular for vehicular action :D

Originally posted by Tyrion

I hope it's not like the Call of Duty..they were ok some times, but other times they just completely sucked. (Most notably in Pegasus and the one with you shooting the Stukkas)

Yea, they had their moments. Dumb NPCs:rolleyes:

Originally posted by RoxStar

Yea, they had their moments. Dumb NPCs:rolleyes:

Now, if the NPC's would actually listen to your commands(I.E. say move in they'd move in, and say shoot target you last shot and they'd shoot him), then they'd be pretty effective. But I really hope it doesnt go like the Stukka level, I had to both shoot the stukkas and cover my ass against the roof germans. :rolleyes:

Aye, one thing for the community to understand is there will be no playable Jedi characters in this game - something that is long overdue. :)

Ah just hope that they have good AI or you can play MP and not worry about that. Although I wonder how MP will be...

In the heat of the battle it gets pretty hard to give orders to people(since you have to type or use hotkeys instead of simply yelling them out). I wonder how they'll do this to. Will there be some voice recognition like in Rainbow Six 3?

BTW it's not Stukka, it's Stuka. One "k". :D

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Ah just hope that they have good AI or you can play MP and not worry about that. Although I wonder how MP will be...

In the heat of the battle it gets pretty hard to give orders to people(since you have to type or use hotkeys instead of simply yelling them out). I wonder how they'll do this to. Will there be some voice recognition like in Rainbow Six 3?

BTW it's not Stukka, it's Stuka. One "k". :D

Oh no, in call of duty you can just use the pre-set voice commands. For instance, you can hit V for "voicechat" then C for "Commands" and then M for "Move in!"

And your anal retentiveness is not welcome. ;)

Oh no, in call of duty you can just use the pre-set voice commands. For instance, you can hit V for "voicechat" then C for "Commands" and then M for "Move in!"

And your anal retentiveness is not welcome. ;)

Yeah you still need to type and leave your movement keys. If it had voice recognition where you use a microphone to give orders instead of typing, it could save your ass.

I don't know how many times I've crashed while flying a plane and typing something in BF1942...

And I'm just somewhat of a WWII freak which is why I do not tolerate people insulting the Great Junkers JU87 Stuka!!!:lightning

Ok I'll stop :D

On another note, I wonder how many slots a AT-AT will have and wether or not infantry get anti-air missles.

I reckon that an AT-AT (if we get it) would have at least 7 or 8 slots (gunner, driver, passengers). I think the biggest amount that you can have in BF1942 is 6 (in the C-47, in the SWoWW2 addon).

Also, with the unlockable characters, how many people are going to want to play online and fight NPC's? This is something that they need to think about. And the NPC's had better have some pretty decent A.I. if they want them to be a match for top players.

I think that perhaps there should be a lightsaber randomly placed on any map (like the jetpack on BF1942:SwoWW2). Then people couldn't start with it and would be limited to 1 or 2 per map.

Hopefully they'll make the voice chat easy to use, and perhaps a simple version for plane flying. It IS very frustrating when you crash of BF1942 because you've been chatting when you should've been flying. ;)

I don't know if any of you have ever played Operation Flashpoint - but that game had an excellent system for issuing commands. There were a load of different stances you could get your squad to adopt, and very easily too. Getting them to move was also a doddle - simply select the team members you wanted and click on the map where you wanted them to go. Alternatively, they could just follow you, in a formation of your choice :)

Then again, Operation Flashpoint is more of a simulation than a game - it tends to put realism before anything else :p

For a game of this sort, I'd prefer if the AI was of a standard where you did not have to issue them too many commands. A game like this would benefit from an uncomplicated command system, but I can always dream ;)

Archived