Home

another interview: Jim Tso, LucasArts producer

Hermie

linkedy-doo

it reveals/confirms a little more than we already have heard, like:

so: We'll offer both first and third-person perspectives for both infantry units and vehicles. It's up to player preference. There will definitely be turrets that players can man, both anti-vehicle and anti-infantry as well.

the Republic will have a clone trooper with a jet pack.

thank you! hope it works better than the JA one :|

1UP: Famous personalities - who'll make a cameo and in what way?

Tso: This hasn't yet been fully determined, but it's probably a safe bet to expect a certain Dark Lord of the Sith.

More than one player can enter most vehicles. For example, the Republic Gunship currently has 6 slots for players to man turrets and blasters.

The AT-AT will definitely be in the game, as will be the AT-ST, speeder bikes, Rebel snowspeeders, X-wings, TIE Fighters, Republic Gunship, and other assorted vehicles from the movies.

thats the outline of the new stuff, but if you wanna read the interview, go ahead, make my day be my guest.

yes, but I cant think of more than 3 character spaces in the AT-AT; the "driver" and two turrets. Republic Gunship, on the other hand, has six spaces. how terrifying it must be to be a rebel solider lying in the trenches on Hoth, watching the AT-ATs drawing closer, blasting more and more of your mates around you.

Perhaps each team will have one "elite" unit eg. AT-AT? Also, the opposing team may have access to a unit that could disable it? Luke would be able to take out an AT-AT no problem...

That would balance things out, otherwise an AT-AT could totally ruin another team's chances :p

there will be "special units", but not AT-ATs. AT-ATs are vehicles most likely only to be on Hoth. Snowspeeders too.

the special units revealed so far:

Clone Army: Clone Jetpack trooper.

Rebels: Rebel Spy. (duisguise (sp?) as Stormtrooper)

Imperials: Imperial Officer. (reveal Rebel spy, call air-strike)

still waiting for the clone one.

Originally posted by Herminator_64

there will be "special units", but not AT-ATs. AT-ATs are vehicles most likely only to be on Hoth. Snowspeeders too.

the special units revealed so far:

Clone Army: Clone Jetpack trooper.

Rebels: Rebel Spy. (duisguise (sp?) as Stormtrooper)

Imperials: Imperial Officer. (reveal Rebel spy, call air-strike)

still waiting for the clone one.

You said the clone one. You mean the battle droid one. ;)

I want to see how people actually get in AT-AT's. Its bothered me for a long time. Also, snowspeeders should get that rope and be able to have 2 slots - one for driving/shoot, one for rope to take out the AT-AT's.

Originally posted by Excelsion

You said the clone one. You mean the battle droid one. ;)

I want to see how people actually get in AT-AT's. Its bothered me for a long time. Also, snowspeeders should get that rope and be able to have 2 slots - one for driving/shoot, one for rope to take out the AT-AT's.

1)yes

2) um……… well…………maybe…… drop down ladder? :D the snowspeeder DOES have 2 slots, it was confirmed in the interview.

One: it wouldnt really be true to the movies if AT-ATs suddently appered on Endor. all vehicles have their own spawn point, so we'll be getting the usual: speeders and AT-STs on Endor, AT-ATs and AT-STs (maybe even AT-PTs?) on Hoth, and so on.

One: it wouldnt really be true to the movies if AT-ATs suddently appered on Endor. all vehicles have their own spawn point, so we'll be getting the usual: speeders and AT-STs on Endor, AT-ATs and AT-STs (maybe even AT-PTs?) on Hoth, and so on.

Well, i recall seeing AT-ATs at endor, around the imperial spaceport, and doesnt AT-AT stand for All Terrain Armoured Transport or something like that? ;)

Anyways, i can't wait for the game to come out!!!:D

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

Well, i recall seeing AT-ATs at endor, around the imperial spaceport, and doesnt AT-AT stand for All Terrain Armoured Transport or something like that? ;)

Anyways, i can't wait for the game to come out!!!:D

There is AT-AT's on Endor. I think, or at least, there was in SWGB. There were also AT-AT's on Kashyyk, as far as I recall (in SWGB, again). ;)

And yes, AT-AT does stand for All Terrain Armoured Transport, just as AT-ST is All Terrain Scout Transport. I think AT-PT is All Terrain Personnel Transport, or something like that.

yes AT-PT is All Terrain- Personal Transport. you can see it in the background in the beginning of ESB. it looks like an crouched down AT-ST.

That was it. I used to play SWGB. :rolleyes:

Hey, I just thought of this:

Instead of having a Jedi class, why not have a Jedi army? It could be used on maps like the Geonosis Arena (vs Droids). I can't think of any more right now though.

*couch*unbalanced*cough*

remember that there moslty were no more than one or two Jedis in battle, Geonosis being an exeption. but after the clones came, most Jedi stopped fighting.

agreed. Also, for the rebels vs empire, remember that Luke was the last Jedi...:rolleyes:

and, who would play a droid when you could be Kit Fisto, or Plo Koon, or Shaak Ti, or Aayla Secura? Not me ;)

Well how about they include one map with jedi and none other. I mean that there could be one jedi battle, just to have some saber combat.

And if you say there's no point in making one whole army for just one map, then look at DICE (BF1942 creators). They've made a whole new army (the Canadians) just for the 1.6 patch.

Great find Herm! The first and third person cameras seem like a really nice touch, but it'll be quite hard trying to shoot someone in the first person view won't it?

The republic trooper with a jetpack sounds really nice, maybe they could be the scouts and find the enemies base and maybe might be able to have Boba Fett style fights with other people.

Lots of people in vehicles sounds like a nice touch. Just imagine you are five other friends in one vehicle gunning down the enemies and shooting with turrets. Sheer awe.

I can't wait to see what it will be like.

Archived