Home

another interview: Jim Tso, LucasArts producer

Hermie

I really hope that this game will have no Jedi aside from the special units, and I hope that those are a very rare occurence.

If they were common, most people would fight over spots and neglect the other classes. They'd be horribly unbalanced. People that did have them would have a massively unfair advantage and that would be recognized by all the other players.

Originally posted by matt-windu

I really hope that this game will have no Jedi aside from the special units, and I hope that those are a very rare occurence.

If they were common, most people would fight over spots and neglect the other classes. They'd be horribly unbalanced. People that did have them would have a massively unfair advantage and that would be recognized by all the other players.

I thought about that. This is an idea I came up with before that might just work:

Originally posted by me

I think that perhaps there should be a lightsaber randomly placed on any map (like the jetpack on BF1942:SwoWW2). Then people couldn't start with it and would be limited to 1 or 2 per map.

Forget what I said before. Do you think that would work better?

I wonder how they will tackle continuity issues involved in the Battle of Endor? I mean, essentially it's the "heroes", about 3 other Rebels and a load of Ewoks versus an entire legion of Imperials. Presumably they'll have to adjust things a bit so that there are a ton of Rebels too.

Either that or we can go around beating each other with sticks as Ewoks :p

Originally posted by Excelsion

But, if there's already an Ewok model, and an Ewok weapon, then I'm sure it wouldn't take too much modding to make an Ewok army. :evil1:

Yay again! Then we'd all have to start an Ewok clan! :D

But, seriously, we should form some kind of clan when the game is released, but it might be a bit early to think of that :)

Originally posted by Excelsion

That would be a total laugh-fest. :lol:

But, if there's already an Ewok model, and an Ewok weapon, then I'm sure it wouldn't take too much modding to make an Ewok army. :evil1:

But wouldn't Ewok vs Imperial Soldier be an unfair match? It would only be fair if there was a limit on how many people could be Imperial Soldiers, since one Ewok vs one Stormtrooper would be a bit unfair wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Herminator_64

Pie, you unloyal slob, we talk about starting a clan with the guys from class, remember??

Eh... sorry, forgot :o

Anyways, our class is probably never gonna get a clan running, and even if we do, a clan here is a good idea IMO ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

A demo would be awesome. I dunno if I can hold in the excitemnt. ^_^

Ya a demo would be pretty awesome, but they wont release it until the game gets more attention and is monitored for errors and bugs. I am hoping to get the game for my birthday, if it comes out in time.

BTW, when does it come out?

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

But wouldn't Ewok vs Imperial Soldier be an unfair match? It would only be fair if there was a limit on how many people could be Imperial Soldiers, since one Ewok vs one Stormtrooper would be a bit unfair wouldn't it?

More fun, I guess. Massacring Ewoks (or even better Gungans). :evil1:I like that smilie:evil1:

Perhaps the Ewoks could get some kind of camouflage weapon.

Yeah, the game is coming out around fall, by then I'll almost be 15 :eek:. Such a long wait...

Originally posted by The_One

I hope we'll be able to trample Ewoks underfoot in an AT-ST - hey, just for the sake of continuity!

An Ewok army would, you must admit, provide for an unusual amount of amusment on the 'net ;)

I'm sure we'll get to trample Ewoks. Thats going to be one of the biggest features of the game. :evil1:

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I wonder how they'll balance these out. There's no way a regular troopers can face AT-Ats...

Hopefully they won't try to balance ground troops vs AT-ATs too much. Seriously, a squad of grunts is no match for an AT-AT. However, I like Desert Combat's approach: land mines and c4.

Making an AT-AT hard to take down has its advantages - I mean, it would surely encourage the opposite team to employ well crafted tactics, would it not?

Also, bear in mind AT-ATs are very slow and difficult to maneouvre - this gives it a big disadvantage for close combat.

Archived