Home

Screenshots

Father Torque

Some of these screens look really good (I've seen them before but no matter). One thing that might concern me is that the graphics don't look good enough for a game due out in Fall '04. By that time we'll have stuff like HL2.

And there's not any mods here yet. ;)

Originally posted by Excelsion

Some of these screens look really good (I've seen them before but no matter). One thing that might concern me is that the graphics don't look good enough for a game due out in Fall '04. By that time we'll have stuff like HL2.

And there's not any mods here yet. ;)

Graphics aren't a big deal for a game like this. We'll be having too much fun to notice it. :)

I would deffinetly day the graphics need a touch up, but im more interested in the game play factor, i want to have a game were i can play for a long time.

Also, the phsyics engine looks a little coruppt, but not too bad. JK2 wasnt the greatest either. The player models are deffinently good, and the gun models look amazing.

I did notice though, that the water effect was a little too exagerated, but atleast the reflections look ok.

Another thing, the picture with the two stormtroopers, and the red lasers looks very odd, in the way the laser cuts through the grass, makes it look weird, even though you probably wont notice it in-game.

And lastly, i think the explosions could use some work, the dont mix very well with the the backround environment, makes them look fake.

Boy do these screenies make you wanna get it though:)

Originally posted by Father Torque

Sorry to those who have seen these. I just put them on so people could see and then post comments on what they thought was good and bad.

If anyone else has screenies, feel free to post them. :)

I think that these are the only screens that have been released for now. Heh, we needed a place to comment on the screens right?

I say that whenever more screens are released, we add them to this thread, and make it the "Official SW:Battlefront Screenshot Thread".

Normally, with a game announcement you get a batch of screenshots released with the press release - then new ones filter through slowly via website exclusives etc.. Another big batch probably won't appear for some time.

I expect most of the information will appear around E3, then the hype will begin to build for the release later in the year ;)

That's usually how LEC operates, anyway...

Originally posted by The_One

Normally, with a game announcement you get a batch of screenshots released with the press release - then new ones filter through slowly via website exclusives etc.. Another big batch probably won't appear for some time.

I expect most of the information will appear around E3, then the hype will begin to build for the release later in the year ;)

That's usually how LEC operates, anyway...

I'm sure that Gamespot will get more screens before then. They always do.

the screens look fine to me right now because there is almost a year until the game is released, so there is a lot of time left for them to fix things like graphics and stormtroopers with football player like shoulder pads. i'm really liking the variety of weapons seen so far, especially the rifles. one thing that i just thought about that i never noticed was the big disadvantage the stormtroopers are at in the jungle. really white armor as a sniper in a jungle to me seems like a bad idea. looks like the empire really didn't think things through when designing the armor.

Originally posted by imyourfather

I doubt the graphics would look like that when the game ships. It kinda reminds me of UT2K3 Star Wars mod...

Let's hope. But, seriously, a bit of anti-aliasing and some "upping" of the graphical options could make it look a hell of a lot better. Thank God for my gargantuan PC :D

Originally posted by Father Torque

If anything they must fix the environment a little, its good right now but the grounds could use a touch up. But Lucas Arts should have plenty of time to correct all of the errors. Lets just hope they come out with a demo soon!

Having said that, LucasArts quality control does seem to have been a little lax recently - for every good Star Wars game, there seem to be about 5 bad ones.

I wouldn't expect a demo any time soon - hell, the game isn't due out for 11 months. If they do a demo, don't expect one until about 2 weeks before - earliest. Assuming, the release doesn't slip, that'll be November/December time. Also, the majority of LEC games don't get a demo until after the game is released, and sometimes no demo appears at all.

I honestly don't think that you'll be getting a demo anytime soon. :D

I would reckon that the game's in pre-Alpha stage (BF:V is in Alpha stage and its due out in March).

If you get a demo it'll be around 2 weeks before release. Like The_One said.

I'm just hoping that they up the quality of their games. JA wasn't all too impressive. Lets hope that its of the same standards as KOTOR.

yeah i was worying about the graphics as well.. on one of the interviews they said they were squezing out last drops out of ps2 but it would look good on PC/Xbox? I dearly hope they improve, but there's nothing mopre important than gameplay ^^

the game really looks cool.. how long have they already been developing? certainly before that announcement?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived