Home

Looks like this game will be Battlefield 1942 in Space

tFighterPilot

Im Pretty sure the mod wont be as good as the swbf but.... bf can supposedly only support 32 players on the internet. For me that abit too low, so im going to get both of them because the Bf mod is free. Plus they have a space map with crewable corvettes :eek:

But then again Battlefront can do anything they want, ill just have to wait and see but dont bash the mod guys its getting better and better, check the interview at http://www.planetbattlefield.com/features/articles/Interviews/gc/

They are back on track and the mod will come soon :D

Battlefront will be great though i just wish gc could get an at at.

that interview was interesting, they thought of porting their mod to battlefront..

Gen. Disarray: What are your thoughts on the "Star Wars Battlefront" game? Do you think it will effect the mods direction in any way?

JayBiggS: Personally, I am interested to see what they will do with the game. It won't affect the direction of the mod as we are 2 different projects. I want to wish the Star Wars Battlefront team all the best of luck.

Gen. Disarray: Is there anything that you would like to add?

JayBiggS: Most of us plan to port to BFV when the time comes, depending on the popularity of the game. There are just too many cool features in BFV that our mod could utilize that it's almost a no-brainer.

Why the rivalty then? :D

about the battlefield vs front, i'm sure front will be better..since i never much liked battlefield, the things i found missing i find in battlefront already

Battlefield can support up to 64 people online, for the record...

Even though you almost always have loads of lag, it still is a memorable experience. In the right hands, 32 players can make enough of a ruckus online as well.

It all depends on how fast you can get to the action. Judging from the vehicles in Battlefront (speeder bikes, the likes) that will not be a problem..

And yes, Lukeiamyourdad, I'm in full swing for that.... Four months and counting !

• 3 weeks later...

SWBF will without a doubt be amazingly better than the GC mod for BF42. Although I like the BF games, there was just something about the handling that I didnt like. It was, sloppy. Im sure I read in the IGN preview that Battlefront uses the Unreal 3 engine. So Im sure it will be far from sluggish.

Even though I have the option to play the GC mod, I wouldnt and wont even give it a second thought as I shelf it for SWBF.

Originally posted by Glacius1

SWBF will without a doubt be amazingly better than the GC mod for BF42. Although I like the BF games, there was just something about the handling that I didnt like. It was, sloppy. Im sure I read in the IGN preview that Battlefront uses the Unreal 3 engine. So Im sure it will be far from sluggish.

Even though I have the option to play the GC mod, I wouldnt and wont even give it a second thought as I shelf it for SWBF.

You've played the 0.1 version which is far from being complete. I'm not saying GC will be better then SWBF but for a free mod, you can't ask too much either.

I do agree that the handling was quite weird. The AT-ST kept falling and bouncing(yes, bouncing) back up. The Millenium Falcon is unflyable(when you're doing a left turn, you have hell of a hard time guessing how close to the ground the left side of the Falcon is).

The Hoth map doesn't attract a lot of people anymore and most of the time, you're fighting a 5 vs 5 game on a map that was obviously made for at least 32 players.

I've seen however, that GC will feature a space map while SWBF won't have any(or so we've been told). It's its only real advantage against SWBF.

Archived