Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

as of for only giving lvl one skills, it is because the rest of the skills have prerequisites. to remove the prerequisites, go to the same file and look under "mincharlevel" and simply change the values to "****" (4 asterisks).

As of for the game crashes, im not sure what causes it. I have created a similar all force/feats mod too but it works slightly different. instead of giving free feats, i increase the feats gained per level and also removes all prerequisites as i described above. maybe you can take a look at it for a reference. Or try using the mod that i created and see if your game crashes again during the chargen. alternatively, you can send your mod to my email at : gameunlimited@hotmail.com. I can check if it is working in my comp.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try putting asterisks in everything first after saving a copy of the current one. (reviously I put in 0's instead of asterisks, thinking that in another table 0 was level 1.)Right now I'm wondering if I've acdidentally missed something with some feat or another. I'll go through them all though again before bothering anyone else with it :) I'm also removing prerequisites for this round, in case it's trying to put them on in an order where it was trying to put one on without a required previous one. Trying again now...

And nope. Argh. *grumble*

I'm wondering if part of it comes because of things like "skill focus" which were evidently intended but didn't get put in. I noticed it showing up in the 'attack' bracket...

okay. i have run acroos the same issue myself. you must first of all drop off all level prerequisites from all feats. so that any feat can be gained at any level. that caused my first crash.

second, there is a certain amount of feats you can be granted per level. whenever i had more than ten feats granted per level, the game crashed, ten and below is safe i think. but once i found out what the certain number was, and made sure no level ever gave more than that my crashes stopped. pretty sure ten is safe. but NO more.

and third, if you are thinking that feats that never made it into the game could cause problems you are right. anything that hass xxxx before it in the feat name column is not meant to be used. others are meant for opponent AI. they were put into the game for npcs other than party members. such as weapon proficiency grenade, i imagine is used by the sith grenadiers later on in the game. so, using any feat that has 4's all the way across the board is a big no no. though i REALLY wanted to check out gaurd stance.

that may or may not cause a problem. if you do that, then what you will need to do is remove any character level requirements. like you must be at level 8 to get this feat. that can be edited in the same file though. then you would also want to remove all feat pre-req's. like you must have this feat before gaining this feat.

however, were i you, i would not do this. some armors have feat requirements in a way that if you only have heavy armor proficiency you might not be able to wear them. the only reason i say this, is because while i was modding exar kun's armor, i noticed it had two feat requirements, one for light armor proficiency and one for medium armor proficiency.

i would recommend only awarding yourself feats you could not gain with your character class. or simply make all feats available, by plaing a 1 in them, and then award yourself say 3-5 feats per level. it is possible to gain all feats in this game, and not cause any problems if you're still awarded feats. say your at level 17 and all your feats are taken, and you are awarded feats. you simply click ok, and the game moves on since it's not possible for you to select a feat. so you have nothing to lose by simply making all the feats you want available and awarding yourself extra feats per level.

*blink* it is? I wasn't sure the code would understand I had all the feats, I guess.

Now how do I set a feat in availability to be available for only specific extra classes, not all of them? Hrm... I essentially want to snare a couple things from the Jedi classes, and get them for my Consular... :)

nope. i have a scout that is awarded the first three levels of the sneak attack power. and then can select from 4-9 in the in-game feat menu. likwise, i have awarded a sentinel all 3 levels of force jump and force focus.

jennaida, i can send you my feats.2da file to look at if you'd like.

and i have tested the above mentioned issue. i went through five levels without being able to select any feats, as i already had them all and never had a problem. the game does manage to realize when there are no more possible feats to be selected. the same is true for force powers.

No, v1.0.1490.35666 is the latest - that last post was a copy-and-paste error :)

As long as the version number is higher, than the one you have, it is newer.

I hope you all enjoy the changes and improvements I've made to this latest version.

Special thanks to KittyKitty, Stator, eidospsogos and others for the feature suggestions. Extra thanks to KK for helping with testing.

Fred

P.S. tk102 - you're welcome!

Originally posted by Drakron

Its possible to add new fields to 2da files?

Since I think the only way we can add custom armor/cloathing meshes is new Modoli and Texi fields.

yes you can create new rows just save the 2da as an xml the edit it with notepad.Choose where you want the row to appeare on the 2da and type this <row name>****</row name>

you would replace "row name" with Modoli or Texi save the file the load the xml back into the 2da editor you may also get an error when you load it just hit continue and your new row will be there. :D

Ugh! I spend hours developing a grid to edit 2da's and you want to add a new row by editing the xml version? That's only slightly easier than hex editing the 2da file itself :)

There is an easier way. Just right-click on a row, choose "insert row", and a new row will appear between the one you clicked on and the one above it.

However, you did ask about adding new fields, not rows. I have not added the ability to add new fields (columns) because I figured it would be rather unlikely that the game engine would deal with them properly.

P.S. Read the readme.txt :D

BTW, if you copy (not move) the patch.erf file to your texturePacks directory, you can look at the tpc images and skills.2da file contained therein.

Also, for those who care, I think the "tpc" extension stands for "Texture, PC", as the Xbox version has the same file names, but the extension is "txb" (Texture, XBox).

Fred

Sorry, I figured out with the help they given me.

I dont know about the new fields will work or not since the body meshes in armor/robe/clothing appears to just look for the Model and Tex fields for what mesh they will apply the texture that indicates (if my texture skills did not suck I could release a mod that will make NPCs use their cloth mesh instead of the default robes mesh but a diferent texture being applied when using dark jedi robes, the red robes and blue robes) , I seens that the object mesh/texture information is model and text number (Darth Revan/Star Forge robes look at Modelj and Texj fields) but the object uti BodyVariation entry is =10 so perhaps it allow us to expand the number of Model and Tex fields for new meshes since without it only thing we can do is replace existing meshes id on the Model field.

A way around it would be the Sith armor/Sand people robes trick but the bad news is there is a mesh for each body type (small/medium and large) and a entry for each type in apperance.2da and even if, fortunatly, all the jedi NPCs are using "M" meshes that could not be the case of the player model, the player model only uses the M meshes if he is a scout.

Fred,

When you get started on GFF file manipulation, you may find it easiest to think of the file primarily composed of two types of recursive objects: Structs and Fields (with the occasional CExoLocString etc thrown in). Maybe that's obvious to you, but it wasn't to me.

Actually, I already have a class implemented that will read GFF data and built a relational structure plus reference arrays for the structs and lists.

Here's a few links to the diagnostic output from the class when it's building itself from the stunt_eboqrts.git file in STUNT_00.rim , in case anyone's interested:

Text format:

stunt_eboqrts.txt

RTF format ("syntax colored"):

stunt_eboqrts.rtf (You can save this to disk and open it with WordPad or MS Word)

As a side note, the units for x/y/z positions appear to be measured in meters (well, "virtual" meters), as most of the male charaters are about 1.6 to 1.75 units tall.

If you'd like to see the beer (actually plc_beer2) on DeadEyes' head, put this in the override folder and go to the dueling organizer's room in the cantina on Taris.

m02ae.git

Some might like to know that it appears that attempting to place two character models at the same x/y/z coordinates will cause one to be moved off to the side, apparently outside their collision radii.

Originally posted by Drakron

Yes, if you look at some of the council members in Dantooine you will notice their feets are not connected to the floor .

Here's Vandar's info; note the "ZPosition" :)

Struct- Type:4 Field count: 6

Field- Type: float Label: XPosition Value: 106.2865

Field- Type: float Label: YPosition Value: 31.36993

Field- Type: float Label: ZPosition Value: 4.445451

Field- Type: float Label: XOrientation Value: -0.5555701

Field- Type: float Label: YOrientation Value: 0.8314697

Field- Type: CResRef Label: TemplateResRef Value: dan13_vandar

End of struct

Hey Fred, I just gotta say, since I just realized I have never posted in this thread, I LOVE your tool, its by far the most useful thing modders have access to (but I'm sure you knew that already :)).

Also, I'm wondering, do you have any plans in the future to make an item maker type thing with an easy to use GUI?

I'm no programmer, but from what I've seen you do here, I don't think it would be that hard (by looking at the item files and such) to make something that lets you choose a name, description, and appearance, then add properties.

Thanks Again for an Awesome modding tool,

Shimaon

Thanks for the compliments; I'm glad you're happy with KT.

As the only reason I'm writing this tool (besides the fact that I like programming a great deal - I do it ~13-14 hours a day) is so that all of you folks can get even more out of KotOR, I'm happy to hear of the features you'd like to have.

That said, I haven't had the time to poke around to see what it takes to create an item manually, but if someone can give me the basic logic and steps behind it and what files and/or data has to be modified to do so, I probably can grant your request.

Anyone up to that task?

Now, with regard to area editing, I only have 1/2 of the code for the GFF files done; the part that parses them into a managable internal format that I can use. I have added this, for what use it is, into the latest version, which I should be releasing soon (maybe the evening of 2/8). It will let you Control-double-click a GFF -type file on the tree and you'll get to see the parsed file in syntax-colored text form in the new version of the text editor. A shift-double-click gets you the straight uncolored version.

The new text editor has most of the features you'd find in an external editor, like a "find" function, multiple levels of undo/redo, font selection, etc. Maybe most folks won't find it useful, but I needed the code for something else anyway, so you get the benefit. :)

Also, the image viewer, text editor and hex viewer all remember where you last had them and their sizes as well.

Watch for the posting announcement! :)

Archived