Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

im having some problems with the module editor, i cant seem to use it,

i get an error message when i click the button :(

and i cant see any1 else who has posted with a similar problem or something in the readme.

am i missing something here?

hey DD, you need to have these 2 files in override mapm02aa.map, m02aa.git But before you play with it empty override accept for the 2 files.

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

im having some problems with the module editor, i cant seem to use it,

i get an error message when i click the button :(

and i cant see any1 else who has posted with a similar problem or something in the readme.

am i missing something here?

Originally posted by T7nowhere

hey DD, you need to have these 2 files in override mapm02aa.map, m02aa.git But before you play with it empty override accept for the 2 files.

DOOM: I have the same problem, Kotor tool is a bit weird for me.

T7: Thanks its been useful , but still got some other problems with kotor tool, ive read its readme 3 times and still cant find any troubleshooting for my KT problem.

I would like to thank Achillies for the Kotor Tool donation made:

A check for $20 will be going out as soon as I can find a stamp (probably today). Hopefully this sets the bar and some of the more veteran modders will try to put me in my place by donating more. For all the fun that we get out of modding, thanks to your hard work, I think that $20 is more than reasonable.

Thanks, Achillies!

The module editor is nearly done, but since CChargin has produced a model extract tool, I can now create the background image for the map in hi-res. Presently, I take the in-game nav-map and magnify it in Photoshop. Blurry, but functional for some smaller maps, it just doesn't work for huge areas, so the rendered models of the areas might just be the solution.

There are also a few other things that I'd like to polish up before I make it official. I'm pretty fussy about people having a relatively bug-free program.

Sorry you have to wait, but good things take time :)

On a sadder note, I'm having problems with my PC's hard drive; if anyone would like to show their appreciation for my development efforts in Kotor Tool, I could really use a few $$ donation to replace it before it totally wonks out on me. Those interested may contact me at the email address in the readme.txt file or via PM. Thanks to those who have already contributed!

Just thought a few of you might like to know, I managed to update the GFF class in Kotor Tool so that it can (in a limited way) read and write CExoLocStrings. These are the strings that are Localizable; that is, they can contain several versions of the same string, each in a different language. Most times (in Kotor's data) they are set to use a string from the Dialog.tlk file; that's why I couldn't let you edit certain things in KT's editors.

This change will allow you to override this behavior by creating an English-language substring entry for any given CExoLocString. I cannot support multiple languages at this time, however.

Watch for the announcement of the next Kotor Tool release.

I didn't check features yet but I was curious if you're ever going to make the UTI editor able to open up custom UTI's, from what I've noticed, atm it will only open UTI's in the tool and let you save them. But the ones you have saved you can't open back up.

Also, uh I know the module editor was only supposed to be a demo but it did effect my game lol, I have kath hounds everywhere in the apartments :o

Ok, I'm having a problem with Kotor Tool and I wanna check if anyone has it.

When I try to modify already modifyed armors I get a error.

I wanna ask if everybody uses the Kotor Tool to to make Items.

Or you guys use the GFFEditor?

I sended a mail to Fred I'm waiting for his reply tho he was checking the items.

I only get those errors when I try to modify already modded armors only.

Any help would be appreciated cuz KT is much much much more simple and easyer to use then the GFFEditor.

Here is the screen shot of the error:

Error Image

Thanks in advance,

ReLoaD2K

Originally posted by Arlen Treesong

Also, uh I know the module editor was only supposed to be a demo but it did effect my game lol, I have kath hounds everywhere in the apartments :o

Just remove the KT version of m02aa.git from your override folder.

Don't you think Dia is much safer with some Kath Hounds to protect her? :)

Originally posted by ReLoaD2K

Ok, I'm having a problem with Kotor Tool and I wanna check if anyone has it.

<snip>

Thanks in advance,

ReLoaD2K

Please don't post the debugger output to the forum; no one else will know what to do with it and it just takes up space; consider editing it out of your post. Now, I have been taking a look into the problem, but as with all things, it takes time. As I am still unpacking from my recent move, Kotor Tool time has been a bit scarce.

I've been looking at a few files that someone else sent me and what I've found so far is that some of the values specified (CostValue, in one case) specified a row number beyond what exists in the related 2da file.

If you use Bioware's GFF Editor, it does not enforce any rules about the values you set the various Property fields to, whereas Kotor Tool does (but it doesn't handle incorrect values well, as you've seen!)

Please send a sample problem .UTI file zipped up to the address in the Kotor Tool readme file.

Thanks!

Disguise. If you use the Mandalorian Assault Armor which already has disguise Mandalorian_01 you can change that to anything with the UTI editor thoe you'll get an error you can continue anyways and save BUT if you use any item that doesn't contain a disguise ref on it already it has no effect the field comes back up blank.

Not a big deal considering it can still be done in the GFF editor, but simply pointing it out. :) sure you already know though.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I've been looking at a few files that someone else sent me and what I've found so far is that some of the values specified (CostValue, in one case) specified a row number beyond what exists in the related 2da file.

If you use Bioware's GFF Editor, it does not enforce any rules about the values you set the various Property fields to, whereas Kotor Tool does (but it doesn't handle incorrect values well, as you've seen!)

Please send a sample problem .UTI file zipped up to the address in the Kotor Tool readme file.

Thanks!

I sended you like 5 files dont you remember?

You want me to send them again?

Ahh, you didn't identify yourself by your LF handle in your email so I didn't make the connection.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, what I found was that the CostValue was out-of-range for the specified table.

Here's the property on your dark_guard.uti file that causes the error:

Struct- Type:0 Field count: 7

Field- Type: word Label: PropertyName Value: 1

Field- Type: word Label: Subtype Value: 0

Field- Type: byte Label: CostTable Value: 2

Field- Type: word Label: CostValue Value: 8

Field- Type: byte Label: Param1 Value: 255

Field- Type: byte Label: Param1Value Value: 0

Field- Type: byte Label: ChanceAppear Value: 100

End of struct

The PropertyName of 1 means it is Armor which has no subtype.

The CostTable is 2, which means we should use the IPRP_MELEECOST.2da table.

The CostValue is 8, which means that we should use the data in the 9th row (0-based index) in the IPRP_MELEECOST.2da table. The problem is, there are only 6 rows in it, which causes an error condition.

Now, did you create and/or edit your dark_guard.uti file outside of Kotor Tool? The Bioware GFFEditor does not validate the values assigned to fields, while Kotor Tool only lets you choose table-driven values.

Archived