Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I fixed another problem that will allow mods like "Segan Wyndh's Armor" to be opened correctly.

I should be able to post an update by this evening.

hehe... leave it to me to create a problem mod ;)

Just keeping you on your toes Fred and thanks for the fix!... :lol:

I fixed another problem that will allow mods like "Segan Wyndh's Armor" to be opened correctly.

I should be able to post an update by this evening.

I'll have to wait untill tonight to try your suggestions above this post as I'm at work right now. However with the new fixed version coming I might just await it and see if it initializes fine.;)

Originally posted by una

lol, yeah i do

If it won't start up for you, please email the settings.xml file and a copy of the error message text. For most errors, a box pops up that has a Details button on it. Copy all of the detail text up to but not including the "loaded assemblies" part and include it as well.

If it won't start up for you, please email the settings.xml file and a copy of the error message text. For most errors, a box pops up that has a Details button on it. Copy all of the detail text up to but not including the "loaded assemblies" part and include it as well.

It doesnt give me a error. I start it up, it asks me to specify the kotor path, it has the correct path so i click ok. It then gives a chitin key corrupt error and then i can see the editor a split second before it crashes without a error message.

If i dont give a path for the chitin key it doesnt crash but i cant do alot in the editor then.

Up to the 1.0.863.39525 the tool worked good but the newest versions give me these problems.

I will send the the settings.xml to the emailadress.

Thank you for your time =)

Originally posted by una

It doesnt give me a error. I start it up, it asks me to specify the kotor path, it has the correct path so i click ok. It then gives a chitin key corrupt error and then i can see the editor a split second before it crashes without a error message.

If i dont give a path for the chitin key it doesnt crash but i cant do alot in the editor then.

Up to the 1.0.863.39525 the tool worked good but the newest versions give me these problems.

I will send the the settings.xml to the emailadress.

Thank you for your time =)

Are you sure you haven't accidently entered the wrong game's path in each section? That is, you didn't, for example, put the KotOR II path info in the KotOR I section, did you? (I've seen people do strange stuff, so I have to ask)

Are you sure you haven't accidently entered the wrong game's path in each section? That is, you didn't, for example, put the KotOR II path info in the KotOR I section, did you? (I've seen people do strange stuff, so I have to ask)

I can understand that you ask these questions but the paths are ok. It leaves kotor 1 paths blank because it aint installed and the kotor2 paths are the correct ones.

I've just started fiddling around with .uti files using Kotor Tool, and I'm wondering if there's any way to edit item upgradeability using it. I've looked at Achilles' 'Upgradeable Lightsaber' tutorial, but it involves hex editing and looks scary, whereas the uti editor has nice boxes for values and pull-down menus.. I'm trying to make an upgradeable version of the quarterstaff, if it's relevant.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but it's difficult to search at the moment.

Originally posted by The Lone Badger

I've just started fiddling around with .uti files using Kotor Tool, and I'm wondering if there's any way to edit item upgradeability using it. I've looked at Achilles' 'Upgradeable Lightsaber' tutorial, but it involves hex editing and looks scary, whereas the uti editor has nice boxes for values and pull-down menus.. I'm trying to make an upgradeable version of the quarterstaff, if it's relevant.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but it's difficult to search at the moment.

Just open it in a gff editor and change the field "UpgradeLevel" value to 1 or 2. You can now upgrade it at the workbench. Not sure if you need the value 1 or 2. Try both and see what happens :D

Edit: you might even try 3 as the upgradelevel :rolleyes:

Originally posted by envida

Just open it in a gff editor and change the field "UpgradeLevel" value to 1 or 2. You can now upgrade it at the workbench. Not sure if you need the value 1 or 2. Try both and see what happens :D

Edit: you might even try 3 as the upgradelevel :rolleyes:

Ok, I can't find this in the GUI GFF editor, so I load up KT's GFF text editor and change the relevant value. I then find that any .uti that has been saved by said editor cannot be added by the 'giveitem' command (gives a null grenade) and is invisible to KSE when building the item list. The item doesn't seem to really exist. Obviously I'm doing something badly wrong with the text editor, but I don't see what. The problem occurs even if I don't change anything, if I just open a file and immediately resave it.

Originally posted by una

It leaves kotor 1 paths blank because it aint installed and the kotor2 paths are the correct ones.

Hey Una,

Didi you check the other posts n the thread concerning this? Apparently, leaving the KotOR I paths blank, wether it's installed or not, can cause problems. For now, use TSL's paths for both filed sets. That might help... :)

Originally posted by The Lone Badger

Ok, I can't find this in the GUI GFF editor, so I load up KT's GFF text editor and change the relevant value. I then find that any .uti that has been saved by said editor cannot be added by the 'giveitem' command (gives a null grenade) and is invisible to KSE when building the item list. The item doesn't seem to really exist. Obviously I'm doing something badly wrong with the text editor, but I don't see what. The problem occurs even if I don't change anything, if I just open a file and immediately resave it.

Kotor Tool does not yet support the additional fields added to many of the GFF-based file types used by KotOR II.

Also, Kotor Tool does not have a text-based GFF editor. It has a "View GFF files as text" function, but the operative word here is View, as in "look at". If you are trying to use files saved from the text editor in the game, they will not work; they are text files, not GFF files.

I have reached somewhat of a dilemma, and this may be due to the override files I have, but anyway...

I'm on Nar Shardda. Red Eclipse trandos assaulted me on the way to the Ebon Hawk, but when I board the ship...

I find the thing completely empty: No party members, no Red Eclipse captain, and i'm still in active 3 party member mode.

I noticed the numeric option in the kotor editing tool....Perhaps there is a way to modify my save file and bypass this problem?

Originally posted by Tomar_Dicol

I have reached somewhat of a dilemma, and this may be due to the override files I have, but anyway...

I'm on Nar Shardda. Red Eclipse trandos assaulted me on the way to the Ebon Hawk, but when I board the ship...

I find the thing completely empty: No party members, no Red Eclipse captain, and i'm still in active 3 party member mode.

I noticed the numeric option in the kotor editing tool....Perhaps there is a way to modify my save file and bypass this problem?

This is most assuredly a overide file conflict that is causing this. You may want to get a moderator to move this to the main forum for some troubleshooting advice.

@Fred, I got the latest release downloaded. The utp file is still providing the same error I'll send a screenshot of the error I'm getting. Also since talking about the placeable editor I discovered it is now missing button to apply changes to the inventory where there used to be buttons. Once again I can email you screenies if you wish.

I discovered the source of the Inventory editor OK issue.

The editor is used by a number of other editors; some need it's configuration to be specific to their purpose.

When the Inventory editor was called upon by the Placeable editor, it wasn't putting the buttons in the right spot; they were hidden behind the grid view. This has been fixed and will show up in the next release.

Hiya, i have a problem, everytime i try to use your new kotor_tool version, it detects Kotor II right away, but when i click on ok, it says my Chitin.key file is not valid and is corrupted and that i need to reinstall the game to fix it.

(i have reinstalled the game 20 times and same result, i have reinstalled windows to see if it would fix it then, but same thing.

I think i will stick with the old version.....the not so compatible one, which accually works better then the compatible one. (thats kinda ironic eh?)

I am sure it is probably illegal to send me non-corrupted chitin.key file, so i won't bother asking.

Is this program designed to work with all versions or just the original???

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here - your chitin.key file is fine, not corrupt at all, but the old version of Kotor Tool detects it incorrectly as corrupt. You appear to know this, since you talk about not downloading the new version (which detects correctly). Unless you're talking about the old (KoTOR 1 only version) as opposed to the new (both games) version, in which case you need to get the new new version from Fred's site.

Archived