Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one little thing. I was messing around with the Module Editor a few moments ago and I thought I'd put a Czerka banner up on the wall, I did that, built my .mod file and then warped in there and the banner was not there. I have tried a few things and none seem to have had any effect. Is there a reason why the banner doesn't show up, or am I doing something wrong?

Just one little thing. I was messing around with the Module Editor a few moments ago and I thought I'd put a Czerka banner up on the wall, I did that, built my .mod file and then warped in there and the banner was not there. I have tried a few things and none seem to have had any effect. Is there a reason why the banner doesn't show up, or am I doing something wrong?

In Kotor Tool under ERFs | Modules, look for your .mod file, then expand it. Make

sure all of the files that you add that are not references to ones in templates.bif are in there. For things that are from templates.bif, check by double clicking the .git file, then in the text editor, use the Quick | Placeables list menu item to jump to the list. Make sure that you see a reference to the item (I think it is plc_ban).

Will do, can't do it right now though. The same seems to apply for sounds :( Sounds are an integral part of the feel, and I don't have any! :(

Edit: I've just sent it to you, thanks for looking at it. The module is a mess anyway as I'm just trying random stuff out.

I do have a reference, at least I think I do. In the GFF editor it says that there is a plc_ban and then in the text editor it says there is too. Why doesn't it show up?

The problem is that the plc_ban.utp file (which isn't used by any game modules, BTW) has the wrong appearance. It specifies that it should have the 'Stock ticker' appearance, which doesn't seem to work. A corrected version of the file is attached to this post, which you can use by placing it in your Kotor Tool Global Templates 'K2' directory (Usually found at 'C:\Program Files\Kotor Tool\Global Templates\K2'). It will then appear on your User palette in the Module editor.

plc_banner_ft.zip

Wow thanks!

Edit: Actually I did check the appearance settings and I did set it to the other one as it seems a bit odd that it was stock ticker and it still doesn't work. But with this new file! YAY!

Edit: Hate to say it but it doesn't work ... still! It really doesn't matter though, but what is it? AND WHY WONT IT WORK?

The problem is that the plc_ban.utp file (which isn't used by any game modules, BTW) has the wrong appearance. It specifies that it should have the 'Stock ticker' appearance, which doesn't seem to work. A corrected version of the file is attached to this post, which you can use by placing it in your Kotor Tool Global Templates 'K2' directory (Usually found at 'C:\Program Files\Kotor Tool\Global Templates\K2'). It will then appear on your User palette in the Module editor.

I allways thought that was weird... When I created the Telos: Billboards Sets, I tried so hard to figure out why the ticker wasn't working... Thanks man!

What you have done with KT is beyond the words.

One single thing if is possible and if not involve to much work:

on internal text editor is possible to add status bar or other form to show line (row) no#?

Funny you should ask, because I just got that feature working a few days ago.

Also, I am working on a more complete IDE for NWScript, complete with syntax highlighting and maybe even function parameter completion, but it is still in the early exploration stages...

Thak You my Master. :)

I wait to release your new tool. Still I use 2 versions of kotor: last one and one downloaded in august. Second one is for extracting mdl and mdx file on doubleclick. Here I come with one small request: If you remember and it's not much trouble make your kt to not delete mdl amd mdx file after convertig to ascii on doublecleck. But only if you have time for this and if is not much trouble.

Thank you again for this great tools.

Thak You my Master. :)

I wait to release your new tool. Still I use 2 versions of kotor: last one and one downloaded in august. Second one is for extracting mdl and mdx file on doubleclick. Here I come with one small request: If you remember and it's not much trouble make your kt to not delete mdl amd mdx file after convertig to ascii on doublecleck. But only if you have time for this and if is not much trouble.

Thank you again for this great tools.

I can't remember why you use 2 different versions... Until I can add the feature you mention, if you need to have both the converted and unconverted files, why not do the "double-click convert", followed by clicking the extract button to just write out the "raw" .mdl file, and finally the same thing for the .mdx file?

Sometimes I need to extract consecutive files (weapons, locations, characters). For ascii is verry simple but for mdl and mdx I need to extract one by one. And here comes second KT which is in diferent location on hdd and doesn't convert mdl in ascii at doubleclick but extract both mdl and mdx all in one step. :)

Anyway is not so important sine I have one way to resolve this.

I can't remember why you use 2 different versions... Until I can add the feature you mention, if you need to have both the converted and unconverted files, why not do the "double-click convert", followed by clicking the extract button to just write out the "raw" .mdl file, and finally the same thing for the .mdx file?

With Taina's Replacer tool you have to have unmodified binary model files available to insert your'e changed Vert coordinates into.

However your step listed above is the one I use out of force of habit. The positive result of the double click on either mdl or mdx and getting both and the ascii.mdl is a reduction of the hunting through the list for the one you want when you are trying to extract multiple models at a time like oldflash mentions. I know there are numerous times when fooling with the head models that not having to rescroll through the list of mdx's would have been nice.

So recap I have no problem with the extracting each individually method however I empathize with those who would rather not.

Sidenote here Fred I've had some success with context highlighting for NSSEditor by using a while do loop like you would for a gamecycle process. I just haven't had the programming time to test out the right delay on the loop to send the message to windows to check for an update. I'm not sure if this would work well for you in the current scheme of KT and your script editor but I thought I would mention it.

Sidenote here Fred I've had some success with context highlighting for NSSEditor by using a while do loop like you would for a gamecycle process. I just haven't had the programming time to test out the right delay on the loop to send the message to windows to check for an update. I'm not sure if this would work well for you in the current scheme of KT and your script editor but I thought I would mention it.

Actually, I am also working on an open source editor for use with NWScript, based on the SharpDevelop core. I already have full syntax highlighting working, but I would also like to add function parameter completion, like one would find in Microsoft Visual Studio. This is much harder :)

Actually, I am also working on an open source editor for use with NWScript, based on the SharpDevelop core. I already have full syntax highlighting working, but I would also like to add function parameter completion, like one would find in Microsoft Visual Studio. This is much harder :)

Off the cuff I would think it might be able to work along the same principal as the syntax highlighting by having the editor constantly working within a while do loop and whenever you type the firstletter of an existing function or variable it sends a message to pause the loop to scan through your forward declares and then pops a bubble with the possibilities. But then my programming theory is much better than my implementation so I probably should shut it and leave it to an actual veteran.

I've noticed on the board link to this thread that it has a thread rating. What is this, and how does one vote for the thread?

Near the top of the thread are some tool menus, "Search this thread", "Thread tools" , "Rating", etc. Click on "Rating" then select how valuable you think the thread's info is. I've joked about the time it was < 5, but it really doesn't matter, at least not to me :)

Having over 60,000 views tells me all I need to know! :)

Archived