Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fred, my KOTOR Tool doesn't work. When I try opening something in it, it says:

Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk"

What could I do to fix this?

Chances are your paths are incorrect. Open the Path Manager from the file menu and check that the path for the game(s) you have installed are right. Depending on the version you have, (which you should always mention when posting... :-} ) there may be a button on the form to tell Kotor Tool to auto-detect the game's install path. If it doesn't match after clicking it, then the registry entry for the game is missing or damaged.

So when are these new maps likely to come out? I'm really looking forwards to it!

A new website is being created, kotortool.starwarsknights.com, that should have plenty of room to host the new maps. I'm just waiting to hear back from Darth333 on the details. MacLeodCorp is designing the look and layout for it and it looks great so far! :)

^^

You may wish to edit your above post, Fred ... you made a weird typo (I seriously don't know how you managed to get the t over there) Anyway, yay for the new site when do you think it will be up and running?

I should know about the site's status in the next few days, from what I can tell. I still need to get the actual pages to fill it with from Mac, however. He's pretty busy with school these days... (as every student should be! <grin>)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently downloaded the newest version of the KoTOR Tool from the official website, and have it installed. But whenever I try to run it, it gives me a message that says "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927baca)". I have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed, as well. Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error?

EDIT: I downgraded back to .NET Framework 1.1, and it still doesn't work. What's the matter with this?

Just FYI, I'm still working on Kotor Tool, it's just that we've been very busy at work. When you start at 9 a.m. and finish around midnight, you really don't have a lot of energy for map making or code improvements.

Now that vacation has started, I'm working on the new Kotor Tool site content. MacLeodCorp is doing a slick-looking redesign of the old site that I think folks will like!

KotOR Tool Web Site Production Update!

12.23.05 @ 3:11 PM

Decided to redownload all .exe and .txt files, so I can setup the links properly. Inorder to make updating easy, I plan on seting up a folder for downloadable files. Therefore, all that is necessary is to drop new versions into the folder, and links will pickup the new files automatically. This will also keep folder directories clean...

At the moment, I am creating the readmes and tutorial files into HTML. Also creating screenshots of the KotOR Tool and Module Editor...

How long do we think it will be until any new maps are released? Is there any chance of lev_m40aa being made editable? It's just that I haven't learnt how to edit modules with anything else...

I understand that KOTOR Tool isn't your life, but would this be possible?

KotOR Tool Website Update! 12.24.05

Fred and I have been working hard to create the KotOR Tool website. Last night, I sent Fred five webpages to review. Fred is a really cool taskmaster, and I thank him for allowing me to contribute. Without Fred's hardwork, I don't know where I would be in modding. When the site is complete, I invite all of you to its grand opening.... :)

Does it need to be just on the C drive? That's where the computer wants to look for it. I went to File>Manage Paths, but it was set to the KotOR directory, just as it should be.

EDIT: I just checked my Kotor Tool directory, and there is no dialogue.tlk file. Should there be?

Also, there is nothing in my Maps folder. Shouldn't there be some stuff in there?

EDIT2: I was incorrect above. I can open .2da files, I just can't opne .uti ones, whiich happen to be the ones I think I'm gonna need to edit most often.

Archived