Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

I've tested this on a number of files and it works for me (of course!); can you email me a file set (ut* file and appropriate 2DAsfor the override folder) so I can try it out?

Will do. Of course it could be just me not understanding how you have set it up to work. So it could be user error.

I'm not clear what you're asking for here....

When you load the overide folder it only searches for and makes available the overide folder for swkotor:1. In the manage paths menu you have the import and export paths set as being the only constant paths. If you changed it to have import be different for each version or attached to the tabs. This would be most helpful.

That error is my fault. After I designed the new regular/from override loading code, I accidently left a call to load the "spells" 2DA for the Appearance combobox in the Placeables editor. Doh!

The fix is already in place; it'll show up in the next release.

If you say so Fred. ;) However this error has remained the same since before this latest set of releases. At first it was a minor thing that I had overlooked. But since you had been working on the placeable's I figured to mention it still showed an error.

I'll Download the latest version and see if the editor is poping any of the above errors if it is I'll email you my findings.

But beyond that Fred it is great to see how much effort you put forth for all of us.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, is there a way to select KOTOR 2 items from the left item tree in the inventory section. Right now i can only see KOTOR 1 items. I have to add K2 items manually.

And what exacly does this error mean: "One or more dropdown menus could not be set. This occurs when the file's index value for a menu exceeds the number of items on the menu itself."

Great work, Fred! :thumbsup:

But I have a problem to open certain uti files which have other restrictions than race or alignment, i.e. gender, only usable by T3, Goto etc. When I try to open them, I get this error message:

UTI Editor: 2DA file needed for lookup not supported

When you load the overide folder it only searches for and makes available the overide folder for swkotor:1. In the manage paths menu you have the import and export paths set as being the only constant paths. If you changed it to have import be different for each version or attached to the tabs. This would be most helpful.

The editors look for an override folder based on the game you told them to use the data from. So if you open a file or double-click a treenode to open an editor, you are asked to specify which game to use. This choice affects where dialog.tlk strings come from, chitin.key values, and override folder locations.

I'm not sure what behavior makes you think otherwise.

I don't think import path is really used any longer in the code; I should probably remove the path box for it. As for export, it is used only for model extraction.

That error is my fault. After I designed the new regular/from override loading code, I accidently left a call to load the "spells" 2DA for the Appearance combobox in the Placeables editor. Doh!

The fix is already in place; it'll show up in the next release.

If you say so Fred. However this error has remained the same since before this latest set of releases. At first it was a minor thing that I had overlooked. But since you had been working on the placeable's I figured to mention it still showed an error.

It could be possible that I mis-pasted some time back. Doesn't matter, though; as long as it is fixed, right? :)

Originally posted by SpaceAlex

Fantastic job Fred! Everything works great here, except for one small thing. When i open a uti or utc file i can't see the name for some of the npc's or containers. Not sure what the problem is, but it's there.

Just thought i'd mention it.

Please send me a few samples that don't seem to work right, along with the specifics on each one. Email address is in the Kotor Tool Readme.txt file.

Also, is there a way to select KOTOR 2 items from the left item tree in the inventory section. Right now i can only see KOTOR 1 items. I have to add K2 items manually.

And what exacly does this error mean: "One or more dropdown menus could not be set. This occurs when the file's index value for a menu exceeds the number of items on the menu itself."

The inventory editor hasn't been updated yet.

I tried to get the biggest changes in folk's hands ASAP, but some things remain to be done. :)

Originally posted by Tanesh

Great work, Fred! :thumbsup:

Es gefällt mir, daß Sie es genießen. :) (Grammar?)

But I have a problem to open certain uti files which have other restrictions than race or alignment, i.e. gender, only usable by T3, Goto etc. When I try to open them, I get this error message: [/b]

I know why the message comes up, in general, but I'd like experiment with a file.

Please send me a few samples that don't seem to work right, along with the specifics on each one. You already have my email address.

Please send me a few samples that don't seem to work right, along with the specifics on each one. Email address is in the Kotor Tool Readme.txt file.

Just open a .utc or .uti file in any module (peragus, malacor V...) and you should see that there's no name. ;) This only applies to KOTOR 2 files. KOTOR 1 files are displayed correctly.

Just open a .utc or .uti file in any module (peragus, malacor V...) and you should see that there's no name. ;) This only applies to KOTOR 2 files. KOTOR 1 files are displayed correctly.

Actually, they are displayed correctly, at least for the random files I tried.

None of the 3 files I picked have a first name in the underlying UTC file, thus there's nothing to show. :)

Chances are that they simply aren't used.

Actually, they are displayed correctly, at least for the random files I tried.

None of the 3 files I picked have a first name in the underlying UTC file, thus there's nothing to show. :)

Chances are that they simply aren't used.

That's strange. Almost every utc file in the modules in without name for me.

Here's a screenshot to give you an example of how it looks. Empty. :D

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/3024/ktool19wq.jpg

Es gefällt mir, daß Sie es genießen. :) (Grammar?)

Your grammar is perfect. :)

I know why the message comes up, in general, but I'd like experiment with a file.

Please send me a few samples that don't seem to work right, along with the specifics on each one. You already have my email address.

Okay, I will do that. :)

SpaceAlex is right about the files without a name; I checked some of them and have the same problem. What's strange: Atton has instead his name this text: "Leertaste = Talente" and Visas this one: "WEITER MIT PAUSE-TASTE" :D

I didn't do something with them, so I don't know where that comes from. :confused: I'll send you a screenshot with the e-mail. Btw, the old files which are left from KotOR 1, i.e. Mission, Bastila, Gizka, Selkath etc. have names, though.

That's strange. Almost every utc file in the modules in without name for me.

Here's a screenshot to give you an example of how it looks. Empty. :D

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/3024/ktool19wq.jpg

Indeed, that's how it should look, given the absence of data in the file for that field.

If you want to check for yourself, just extract any file, then look at it with the "View GFF files as text..." function on the File menu in Kotor Tool.

You'll see:

CExoLocString- Substring count: 0

End of CExoLocString- Field- Type: CExoLocString Label: FirstName Value:

No value = no text in editor :)

Originally posted by Tanesh

Your grammar is perfect. :)

Okay, I will do that. :)

SpaceAlex is right about the files without a name; I checked some of them and have the same problem. What's strange: Atton has instead his name this text: "Leertaste = Talente" and Visas this one: "WEITER MIT PAUSE-TASTE" :D

I didn't do something with them, so I don't know where that comes from. :confused: I'll send you a screenshot with the e-mail. Btw, the old files which are left from KotOR 1, i.e. Mission, Bastila, Gizka, Selkath etc. have names, though.

I checked Visas name - "PRESS THE PAUSE BUTTON TO CONTINUE

" - strange. I'll check the dialog.tlk lookup code. Maybe something is not right...

Indeed, that's how it should look, given the absence of data in the file for that field.

If you want to check for yourself, just extract any file, then look at it with the "View GFF files as text..." function on the File menu in Kotor Tool.

You'll see:

CExoLocString- Substring count: 0

End of CExoLocString- Field- Type: CExoLocString Label: FirstName Value:

No value = no text in editor :)

I see. But that's not how it should be. I had no problems with the previous version and if i set KT to think that KOTOR 1 is installed in K2 folder then i can see the names just fine. But i can't access the inventory that way.

I see. But that's not how it should be. I had no problems with the previous version and if i set KT to think that KOTOR 1 is installed in K2 folder then i can see the names just fine. But i can't access the inventory that way.

It turns out that the underlying GFF class was reading from the wrong Dialog.tlk file. Such are the things I have to deal with because both games are supported simultaneously.

The inventory editor still needs work, however.

Oh, and please delete one of your double posts. :)

I think I have the inventory editor fixed.

I also added the following features to it:

• Splitter control to allow resizing of inventory treeview
  • Inventory loading progress indicator
  • Code to handle extra item types found only in KotOR II
  • Expand/Collapse treeview buttons
  • Caption text now indicates version of KotOR data it is working with (I or II)
  • Names for first 3 items type parents

I also made some adjustments to the Character and Placeable editors to make them work better with the Inventory editor.

I suddenly have gotten a problem. I get his error message whenever I try to open something (utc, dlg, utd, git and so on):

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk"."

Its been working find until now. I tried to reinstall and my paths are fine too.

Oh this is for TSL.

By the way a great tool Fred keep up the good work :)

Originally posted by envida

I suddenly have gotten a problem. I get his error message whenever I try to open something (utc, dlg, utd, git and so on):

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk"."

Its been working find until now. I tried to reinstall and my paths are fine too.

Oh this is for TSL.

By the way a great tool Fred keep up the good work :)

From the looks of your message, it's looking for your dialog.tlk file in your system's Root directory? Do you have the game installed directly on your C: drive?

May want to double-check your paths, especially since you have to set 2 different sets of paths with the new version...

Hi,

I have a problem with the new editor. I still get the message that my chitin.key is corrupt and after that i can see the editor for a split second and then it crashes without a error message.

I removed it and cleaned out my register of everything that had a reference of the kotor tool in it and then installed the editor again. But no luck, still same thing happens. So i tried a older version again and that one still works good.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Originally posted by una

Hi,

I have a problem with the new editor. I still get the message that my chitin.key is corrupt and after that i can see the editor for a split second and then it crashes without a error message.

I removed it and cleaned out my register of everything that had a reference of the kotor tool in it and then installed the editor again. But no luck, still same thing happens. So i tried a older version again and that one still works good.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Hey Una,

When you re-installed KotOR Tool, did you install the very, very latest version? Fred's last version was re-vamped but changed later on...however the version number remained the same so the auto-update won't "catch" to see if you have the bugged version or the newer.

Try downloading the latest version from his site and try re-installing. BEFORE you do however, uninstall the KT you're using now via Add-Remove Programs...THEN re-install the newly downloaded version...

Hope this works out for you! :)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Hey Una,

When you re-installed KotOR Tool, did you install the very, very latest version? Fred's last version was re-vamped but changed later on...however the version number remained the same so the auto-update won't "catch" to see if you have the bugged version or the newer.

Try downloading the latest version from his site and try re-installing. BEFORE you do however, uninstall the KT you're using now via Add-Remove Programs...THEN re-install the newly downloaded version...

Hope this works out for you! :)

Thx for reply, but it didnt work :(.

Tried the latest version from his site and it still crashes right after startup.

Guess i have to stick with the old one.

Originally posted by una

Thx for reply, but it didnt work :(.

Tried the latest version from his site and it still crashes right after startup.

Guess i have to stick with the old one.

Bummer :(

Perhaps Fred will come to the resue then. He's in the midst of an even newer version that may help out your situation. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.... there's always hope though ;)

Archived