Jump to content

Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)


Fred Tetra
 Share

Recommended Posts

As many of you may already know, when you open a GFF-based external file in Kotor Tool, you have to specify which game's data to use.

 

What do you think of the idea of having the files marked with the game they belong to after editing, so you only have to specify which one once?

 

How about a batch marking function?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

As many of you may already know, when you open a GFF-based external file in Kotor Tool, you have to specify which game's data to use.

 

What do you think of the idea of having the files marked with the game they belong to after editing, so you only have to specify which one once?

 

How about a batch marking function?

Fred, I like this idea. If you go forward with it, I will also modify my utilities to look for this tattoo.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

As many of you may already know, when you open a GFF-based external file in Kotor Tool, you have to specify which game's data to use.

 

What do you think of the idea of having the files marked with the game they belong to after editing, so you only have to specify which one once?

 

How about a batch marking function?

 

Fred this is a great idea. As I've been opening horde's of gff files from outside of kotor tool it will also save time in the long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

As many of you may already know, when you open a GFF-based external file in Kotor Tool, you have to specify which game's data to use.

 

What do you think of the idea of having the files marked with the game they belong to after editing, so you only have to specify which one once?

 

How about a batch marking function?

 

Yup, that sounds like a great idea.

 

Keep up the good work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by illuzion69

Here is another reason I love kotor tool, open KT, click ERFs, open swpc_tex_tpa.erf and look very closely at LEH_console1.tpc at the bottom center of the pic. :yodac:

 

A feature that some folks may not know about is that once you have an image up in the image viewer, you can use the arrow keys to go up and down the treeview nodes to see each image displayed in turn.

 

This makes it easy to rapidily go through a set of images when you're looking for something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

A feature that some folks may not know about is that once you have an image up in the image viewer, you can use the arrow keys to go up and down the treeview nodes to see each image displayed in turn.

 

This makes it easy to rapidily go through a set of images when you're looking for something.

Found that little "Easter Egg" 3rd day I first ever downloaded KotOR Tool. I'd be lost without it now ;)

 

ESPECIALLY, if you're looking for player faces or robes. Since there's so much re-skinning mods going on right now, I think they'll find this tid-bit very helpful...

 

Thanks Fred for always thinking and staying ahead of the game :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been having an issue with the latest Kotor Tool.

Always when I change and save an item it is ERASING the TemplateResRef node.

When this happens it can be opened but cant be saved again, I had to use the GFF editor to recriate the node and write what was written there.

Anyone else is ahving this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Fred i just want to say .. than ks for all the hard work you'v put into KT since it initial release , and that i was wondering where to send any donations....

 

also... i was wondering about progress on the Module Editor... and what you might need to help speed things up with it??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi

I've been having an issue with the latest Kotor Tool.

Always when I change and save an item it is ERASING the TemplateResRef node.

When this happens it can be opened but cant be saved again, I had to use the GFF editor to recriate the node and write what was written there.

Anyone else is ahving this issue?

 

Sorry for another post but I just found another issue, in addition to that problem, I was now trying to edit a conversation.

But when I click or select in the Tools menu the Conversation Editor I get a error and it says It could not find the C:\dialog.tlk

Here is the debug:

 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk".
File name: "C:\dialog.tlk"
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at kotor_tool.clsDialogTlk..ctor(String path)
  at kotor_tool.clsDLG..ctor(Int32 KotorVerIndex)
  at kotor_tool.clsDLG..ctor(TreeView& extTV, Int32 KotorVerIndex)
  at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.SetupForNewDialog()
  at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenConversationEditor()
  at kotor_tool.frmMain.ToolBar1_ButtonClick(Object sender, ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.OnButtonClick(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
kotor_tool
   Assembly Version: 1.0.1885.28829
   Win32 Version: 1.0.1885.28829
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/Fred%20Tetra/Kotor%20Tool/kotor_tool.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 7.10.3052.4
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
----------------------------------------
x0m1yh4g
   Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Data
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
----------------------------------------
Accessibility
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
   CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.


 

Does anyone know what's wrong?

I have my paths all right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying Kotor Tool, but the program appears to not work correctly. I've tried to install it four different times, but always appears the following error: "Your Kotor II chitin.key files appears to be corrupt, reinstall Kotor II etc. ...". Kotor I isn't installed, and I am using an italian version of Kotor II.

 

Is the error caused because it's necessary to keep kotor I installed on the hard drive, or the program does not work correctly with foreign version of the game? Do anyone knows if is possible (in this case) to use the chitin.key of a US version of kotor II (and where is possible to get it) while using Kotor Tool to make it running, or simply making it working instead of getting that boring crash message about the corrupted file?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ Uchiha Itachi & Mono_Giganto :

 

Note that the .dlg files in Kotor 2 have a lot of new fields that were not present in Kotor 1. Therefore, if you edit a .dlg file with Kotor tool dlg editor and save it, you will loose all the information contained in those fields, more particularly the parameter fields, and you will end up with events that will not trigger properly and it could result in borken quests...

 

...so until a new .dlg editor is released to the public, you<ll have to edit existing .dlg files with a gff editor...Enjoy! :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would the same happen if I use tk102's dlgeditor?

I really need to create a dialog, well I don't even know that if its a dialog I have to create.

 

 

I wanna add some new options to that computer in the healing quarters on the Harbinger. Is that the right name? The ship we get in that Kreia goes to fight Darth Sion. And one of the options will trigger a script. If possible

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having a promlem with the Merchant editor, im trying to open the Inventory up but it keeps coming up with an Unhandled exeception and says it can't find Coloum 0 ? :confused:

 

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

 

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find column 0.

at System.Data.DataColumnCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(Int32 columnIndex, Object value)

at kotor_tool.frmInventoryEditor.InsertToGridOrIncrement(String Name, String ResRef, Int32 Qty, Boolean Dropable)

at kotor_tool.frmInventoryEditor.AddPackItem(String ResRef, Boolean Dropable)

at kotor_tool.frmUTM_Editor.btnInventory_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To avoid Kotor Tool crashing with Italian edition of Kotor II, is necessary to install both Kotor I and II. It appears however the boring message that says "Chitin.key is corrupted etc..." but is possible to close the error window and Kotor Tool continues working. Of course, I do not know if it's possible to use the program if you have only Kotor II installed and not Kotor I.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tesla

I'm having a promlem with the Merchant editor, im trying to open the Inventory up but it keeps coming up with an Unhandled exeception and says it can't find Coloum 0 ? :confused:

 

This bug has been fixed for the next release of Kotor Tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth Aleera

I'm trying Kotor Tool, but the program appears to not work correctly. I've tried to install it four different times, but always appears the following error: "Your Kotor II chitin.key files appears to be corrupt, reinstall Kotor II etc. ...". Kotor I isn't installed, and I am using an italian version of Kotor II.

 

Is the error caused because it's necessary to keep kotor I installed on the hard drive, or the program does not work correctly with foreign version of the game? Do anyone knows if is possible (in this case) to use the chitin.key of a US version of kotor II (and where is possible to get it) while using Kotor Tool to make it running, or simply making it working instead of getting that boring crash message about the corrupted file?

 

The error message is a bit misleading, as it was more relevant to KotOR I, when all versions of the game had the same chitin.key file.

 

One of Kotor Tool's users was kind enough to send me his chitin.key file to examine. In the German version, two files referenced in the key file, gui.bif and scripts.bif, have different lengths than the version I developed against, which Kotor Tool interprets as a corrupt key file. Other countries versions may have other differences.

 

I have updated the code to not exit the tool when this is the case.

 

While I cannot request posting of the required files due to legal issues, setting up Kotor Tool to recognize non-US versions would either:

 

(a) Require access to the chitin.key file and (after initial testing) some if the game's BIF files,

 

or

 

(b) Require some volunteers from different countries to participate in some special testing.

 

Any volunteers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth333

@ Uchiha Itachi & Mono_Giganto :

 

Note that the .dlg files in Kotor 2 have a lot of new fields that were not present in Kotor 1. Therefore, if you edit a .dlg file with Kotor tool dlg editor and save it, you will loose all the information contained in those fields, more particularly the parameter fields, and you will end up with events that will not trigger properly and it could result in borken quests...

 

...so until a new .dlg editor is released to the public, you<ll have to edit existing .dlg files with a gff editor...Enjoy! :p

 

But I didn't edit any dialogs. :p

 

I got that message the first time I opened KT after 3 months and it said that, I just used common sense to "solve" it. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...