Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

JIC (Just In Case) you don't want a pic you can copy on your site or just wanted something a little different try this:

Clickie Clickie

It has a couple of sabers in it that change out to give you a "neutral" feel not sith or jedi :D

And I'm waiting for some design files to upload so I thought I'd make this really quick in addition to the other two jpg's

Ok so I was wrong, this one is the best. Truely a great submission.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What registry entries does Kotor Tool check against when it starts up to find Kotor/Kotor2?

Just asking as i've recently (read yesterday) had to reinstall windows and am being too lazy to sit through a four disc reinstall of Kotor2 too... (the game runs fine without the registry entries... it's just KT that doesn't).

Originally posted by LegionUK

What registry entries does Kotor Tool check against when it starts up to find Kotor/Kotor2?

Just asking as i've recently (read yesterday) had to reinstall windows and am being too lazy to sit through a four disc reinstall of Kotor2 too... (the game runs fine without the registry entries... it's just KT that doesn't).

It looks for the "path" keys.

A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

* Added a Dialog.tlk viewer w/XML export

* Added a PWK Editor with partial support for DWK files

* Fixed bug in Module editor that was causing it to not find Mapinfo.bfd file

* Changed description for MDX files in treeview

* Added ability to change Door type specified in a UTD (Door) file.

* Model extraction now creates typed-in output path if needed

* 2DA editor ignores grid sort when saving data

* 2DA editor renumbers row labels and scrolls to paste/insertion point after paste/insert

* 2DA editor stores copied row on clipboard for pasting to another 2DA editor

* 2DA editor accepts single row on clipboard from Microsoft Excel (tested with Excel 2003)

* VIP users are those who have made a contribution in support of Kotor Tool.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

* 2DA editor ignores grid sort when saving data

* 2DA editor renumbers row labels and scrolls to paste/insertion point after paste/insert

* 2DA editor stores copied row on clipboard for pasting to another 2DA editor

* 2DA editor accepts single row on clipboard from Microsoft Excel (tested with Excel 2003)

:emodanc:

The USM .2da's, myself personally & my 'sanity' give you a heartfelt Thank You :D

I agree totally without Fred Tetra.........there would be no TSL or KOTOR modding from what I can see. I've yet to do ANYTHING that doesn't involve KOTORtool. And every version gets better and better with more useful features and program applets added. AKA the 2da editor :elephant:

Fred, I hope this hasn't already been answered but any plans to incorporate a HEX editor into KOTORtool? I've only found one and the "time" is running out on it. Just curious as to how hard that would be compared to the 2da editing interface?

I agree totally without Fred Tetra.........there would be no TSL or KOTOR modding from what I can see. I've yet to do ANYTHING that doesn't involve KOTORtool. And every version gets better and better with more useful features and program applets added. AKA the 2da editor :elephant:

Fred, I hope this hasn't already been answered but any plans to incorporate a HEX editor into KOTORtool? I've only found one and the "time" is running out on it. Just curious as to how hard that would be compared to the 2da editing interface?

Thanks for the kind words!

Creating a hex editor is no small task. There are a number of free ones that aren't bad. The better ones like AXE and Hex Workshop cost money, but AXE is pretty liberal in its registration and HW is < US$25 for academic (non-commercial) use. Personally, I like Hex Workshop.

A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

edited for space

Great additions to the tool Fred, *wishes I had money to give*... :(

Ok, folks! While this might not be the right place to ask, I'm looking for a new logo for the Kotor Tool website. The one I have is pretty lame, I know.

I figured, after seeing some of the re-skinning work done by some of the folks here that someone would be able to do a better job.

The one I like best that uses the Kotor Tool logo and ties in the best with modding and Kotor Tool itself will be used and credited.

ooh.. ooh... I want to play too.. :D

Nothing much, but here's one of my attempts

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/KT-header.jpg

Thanks envida I'll download and try it as my trial is almost out & I already spend WAY to much in software to buy more. :D :D :D

one can never buy to much software unless it consistes of alot of the same thing:p

Archived