Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

FYI, Kotor Tool works (after a fashion) with Jade Empire, but there are quite a few unsupported file types and no sign of a nwscript.nss file.

I'll actually fill in what I know... (which is most likely small in comparison)

according to nwn explorer.

uncategorized files?

.BC3 = xbx

.BC4 = ??? sound

.BC8 = ?mdx?

.BC9 = dds

.dlg

.mdl

.cre -> header = CRE V3.2

.are -> header = ARE V3.28

.ncs -> header = NCS V1.0B

.qst -> header = QST V3.28

.txi

.tga

.sav -> header = SAV V3.28

data/Players.mod

(Models, skins, ??)

n_dawn_.mdl 41k ->Binary Model

n_dawn_.BC8 162k -> Binary Animation??

n_dawn01.BC9 43k ->DDS skin map

BC4's are located in data/bips/j00h_dstar0.mod

You'll notice some of the "shared" mdl's have 0 byte bc8's and no bc9's.

Am I missing anything obvious?

These files are listed as .unk (unknown in KOTOR TOOL). The tool also doesn't see rims or mods.

I've seen no source scripts. And no compiled nwnscript.ncs

Have a temp forum up at fable.lanpirates.net for anyone interested.

sorry for the hijack. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by darthmaster50

Question:

When im editing utc files i can't save. The editor box is to big for my screen so i can't save the file. How do I fix this?

You have to adjust your screen settings. 1024x768 will work fine. Kotor Tool has fixed window sizes that will extend off screen if you use 800x600 window settings.

Hint: Fred maybe a later release might play nice with those people that have a hard time with the higher resolutions. Such as the gff editor windows being able to scroll if you resize them?

Originally posted by Darkkender

You have to adjust your screen settings. 1024x768 will work fine. Kotor Tool has fixed window sizes that will extend off screen if you use 800x600 window settings.

Hint: Fred maybe a later release might play nice with those people that have a hard time with the higher resolutions. Such as the gff editor windows being able to scroll if you resize them?

Thx Darkkender for the advice. You making any new modes?

Originally posted by darthmaster50

Thx Darkkender for the advice. You making any new modes?

Sorta I had started a couple 3 mod projects then I got detoured with many different things. Now I'm kinda waiting on the newer version of Kotor Tool before I proceed as it's got some fixes and features I would find handy. Not too mention I've been having a really bad bout of "Adult Attention Deficit Disorder" lately.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

Hey Darkkender - thanks for the generous donation!

There was a slight lag in delivery, as I moved just after you sent it, but it arrived just fine.

Your welcome, I guess the next time I send another donation I should make certain to get an updated address, EH.

I'll admit though that I was less than happy I couldn't send more when I did. Especially in comparison to the work you put forth for all of us.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Your welcome, I guess the next time I send another donation I should make certain to get an updated address, EH.

I'll admit though that I was less than happy I couldn't send more when I did. Especially in comparison to the work you put forth for all of us.

As with everyone else, you're always welcome to send further donations in the future; I won't complain! :D

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

A new version of Kotor Tool has been sent to VIP users* today.

v1.0.1927.26112 (2005-4-12 13:30) (VIP release)

* Fixed bug in Module editor that was causing it to not find Mapinfo.bfd file

* VIP users are those who have made a contribution in support of Kotor Tool.

This is exactly what is happening when I try to use the module editor. Do you intend to release this for non-VIPs? I've only just consider moding KotOR and so am not a VIP.

Originally posted by Arjaes

This is exactly what is happening when I try to use the module editor. Do you intend to release this for non-VIPs? I've only just consider moding KotOR and so am not a VIP.

Fred has been relatively silent of late as he has been actually playing the game for himself. However I have a hunch his next full release of Kotor Tool may include a variety of bug fixes. I would recomend going ahead and continuing to make use of KT's other features and have your module editing plans saved for a future release. There are still alot of other roadblocks in editing a module area map & model at this time anyways.

Originally posted by Liverandbacon

How much is an acceptable donation? I'm wondering whethere to give one because of all the great work Fred does on Kotor Tool, but being 12, I do not have much money.

Originally posted by DarthSmallz

Me too :(

Any donation might be considered acceptable. I would recommend for those low on cash or that are very young maybe a $10 donation. I'm sure Fred would apreciate whatever you send him. Plus if you send him a nice thank you card with it I'm sure that will show him how much you apreciate him even if you can't send as much as you would like.

Fred, if I'm full of it don't take it out on these youngsters.;)

I agree T7 there are many ways to be helpful you can help making tut’s, help laying out modules to make maps for module editing and maybe one day creating new area’s from scratch .. Giving of your self like most of us do all the time, we don’t do it for financial gain, hell I could sell my work since it is mine. But I don’t instead I freely give it away.

Modding and money should never go together, just my 2 cents.

svösh

I am getting a "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue..." error. Now this error is no new thing for me, it does this almost every time I open a .uti file. But until now I have never gotten one for a .2da file. It keeps coming up! I cannot open the file I need to. Is something wrong with the file? Any way around this?

That has to be the single most unthoughtful, inconsiderate act that I have witnessed in some time. I hope that when the gravity of what you have done hits you, you at least have the decency to be ashamed of yourself. So much for Fred's right to anonymity...

Welcome to my ignore list.

I am trying to learn how to mod kotor and I am having trouble getting the kotor tool to work like the tutorials show.

I can't seem to acces any of the dropdown menus, my screen looks like this,

KotorI

[

KotorII

and that's it, I can't expand the kotorI file to work on anything in it. And when I use any of the windows in the tools section there doesn't seem to be any way to get any files into them either.

Archived