Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

I was wondering if anyone would mind... like... teaching me how to use this sort of program... a tutorial of sorts... I'm a complete noob at modding, this would be the first time I'd be doing something like this, but I'm VERY interested in it. Well, thanks.

PM me!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred, I think I might have something about AuroraLights in models. I might be wrong or you might already know but you might want to check anyway. So here's what I think I found out. Using MDLops I believe I have discovered the RGB color information in the model under controllers in the node_header section. These are the nodes I'm talking about: 015-07 = Red, 016-08 = Green,017-09 = Blue. The reason why I think these are it because their RGB value match the colors you could see in a room.

That module editor looks sweet!

The module editor was developed, in part, by actually trying to use it to create modules. Many of the other editors are so much simpler that there is only one way for them to work. This one has had many revisions to get it to where it is today.

Right now, there are 10 KotOR I modules and 1 KotOR II module supported. Once some actual demand for module occurs (assuming it does) I can add more.

If folks have an interest in developing something around specific modules, let me know which those are.

what are the numbers listed in the left hand (white) fields mean or point to?

The numeric fields are indeed the Dialog.Tlk indices. Right now, as you change the number (even using the up-down arrows on the control) the ResRef and string for the index are updated live.

I want to write a DialogTlk "selector" that would be used here and by many of the other editors in Kotor Tool to make choosing a ResRef easier and reduce type-frustration. Just too many other irons in the fire right now! :)

The module editor was developed, in part, by actually trying to use it to create modules. Many of the other editors are so much simpler that there is only one way for them to work. This one has had many revisions to get it to where it is today.

Right now, there are 10 KotOR I modules and 1 KotOR II module supported. Once some actual demand for module occurs (assuming it does) I can add more.

If folks have an interest in developing something around specific modules, let me know which those are.

Once again, a thousand thank you's!

I am currently working on a Rhen Var mod, but I can't get hte placeables to face the right way.....It's very irritating...I'm using 261/262TEL...If you can tell me how to make the maps, I could make some of them for TSL....Perhaps I could beta test?

Darkkender is correct that this is not done by a script but is handled internally by the game engine when a creature carrying droppable items die.

Creature(UTC) templates have a BodyBag field, which is a reference to the bodybag.2da file, determining the look of their lootable remains. If the BodyBag field is set to 0 (Default), the value in the body_bag column in appearance.2da for that creature's appearance type is used instead.

After reviewing your response and a bit of reflection, I think I need to better describe what I meant...

In the tar_m02aa (K1) module, there is a creature g_sithtroop002. This is the guy who harasses the aliens in the apartment ring. ("...this is a raid!")

The creature has a script for OnUserDefine set as k_ptar_ud_troop:

void main() {
int int1 = GetUserDefinedEventNumber();
if ((int1 == KOTOR_DEFAULT_EVENT_ON_DEATH)) {
	location location1 = GetLocation(OBJECT_SELF);
	CreateObject(64, "tar_troop_pack", location1, 0);
}
}

This script gets called when the Sith dies, leaving the backpack in his place. This is what I meant by items (not necessarily Placeables) being a part of a module that are not explicitly referenced in the .GIT file.

While I am sorry for the confusion, I am glad in a way because now I know how that BodyBag field works and I have added support for it to the UTC (Creature) editor! :)

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

1.0.2078.15613 (2005-9-9 13:57)

Features/updates:

• Added Sound Set File (SSF) editor
  • Added BodyBag support to Creature (UTC) editor
  • Updated Merchant (UTM) editor to have a drop down list for Buy/Sell/Both flag
  • Added support for 3 new maps (203tel,204tel, and 906mal) for use in Module editor
  • Updated Dialog.Tlk viewer to editor (already in use by the TSL:RP team)
  • ERF extraction (entire file)
  • Check which maps for the Module editor are supported by Kotor Tool and show which are installed on your system
  • Extract for Module Editing now allows for selection of which resources to extract and can remove references from the .GIT file from those not extracted, so you don't have to use the GFF editor
  • Extract for Module Editing now sets the GameVersion value in .GIT file so Kotor Tool and its editors are aware
  • Module editor now shows mouse location in KotOR units
  • Module editor can pan map using middle mouse button, shift or control keys modify pan speed
  • Module editor can now build a .MOD file (yeah!)
  • Module editor now creates a template reference or instance for user palette items
  • Module editor will include any files you place in your module project's 'extras' folder in the .MOD file
  • Module editor now shows context-sensitive help messages
  • PWK/DWK editor now implemented for experimenters
  • New Nullsoft-based installer

Special thanks go out to T7nowhere for assembling the 3DS Max models for the 203TEL and 204TEL (Telos Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 East and West) maps!

Maps are downloadable at http://www.starwarsknights.com/maps.php and http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/. Note that it may take some time for maps to be posted after version announcements!

Tremendous Job my friend! as usual, I might add ;) hehehe..

I just finished uploading the previous 3 new maps for TSL on my mirror sight (thanks for the heads up) :D

* Telos: Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 East

* Telos: Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 West

* Malachor V: Trayus Proving Grounds

I want mention that T7nowhere has donated a considerable amount of personal time to the Kotor Tool Module editor maps effort and has been very busy assembling the 3DS Max models for many of the Telos locations.

Aside from 203TEL and 204TEL (Telos Citadel Station - Residential Module 082 East and West), which I managed to include support for in the latest release of Kotor Tool, he's also done Telos maps 201, 202, 207, 208 and 209.

I'm in the process of setting these up for use in Kotor Tool. Since adding new maps no longer requires a completely new release of Kotor Tool, I'll be making the maps and the updated Mapinfo.bfd file available separately.

Thanks again, T7nowhere!

Archived