Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2084.15886 (2005-9-15 17:00)

Features/updates:

• ERF subtree now rebuilds each time it is expanded so changes in Modules folder can be seen during development
  • Module editor now includes .TGA files that are located in a module project's Extras folder
  • ERF Builder can now add whole directories with file type filtering
  • ERF Builder handles multiple item removal
  • Door editor now supports KotOR II NotBlastable and OpenState flags
  • Creature editor now supports KotOR II Hologram, NotReorienting, and IgnoreCrePath flags
  • Creature editor now supports KotOR II BlindSpot and MultiplierSet values
  • 2DA editor Row Label renumbering is disabled when non-numeric labels are present
  • 2DA editor Row Label renumbering now prompts for a starting value

Verry good tool. Thanks

Any chance to extract mdl-ascii, mdl, mdx and aferent textures in one single step?

:)

It does that already. :)

From the readme file (it's called readme for a reason, you see, heh heh):

To extract a .mdl (Model) file, double click on it; the model will be extracted and converted, along with any required TGA-format textures.

You double-click, check the extraction options you want, and poof! you get an ascii model and all of the relevant textures in one shot.

It does that already. :)

From the readme file (it's called readme for a reason, you see, heh heh):

To extract a .mdl (Model) file, double click on it; the model will be extracted and converted, along with any required TGA-format textures.

You double-click, check the extraction options you want, and poof! you get an ascii model and all of the relevant textures in one shot.

unless there is a setting I've missed Fred anytime I double click a mdl file it only extracts the tga, txi and a ascii-mdl. however it doesn't automatically extract the mdl & mdx for me. I have to extract those seperately.

unless there is a setting I've missed Fred anytime I double click a mdl file it only extracts the tga, txi and a ascii-mdl. however it doesn't automatically extract the mdl & mdx for me. I have to extract those seperately.

The double-click feature is for folks who want to work with the model in a 3DS Max environment. It does extract the mdl and mdx files, but they are deleted after the conversion process. If you need the non-converted files, you indeed have to extract them individually.

The double-click feature is for folks who want to work with the model in a 3DS Max environment. It does extract the mdl and mdx files, but they are deleted after the conversion process. If you need the non-converted files, you indeed have to extract them individually.

I guess I slightly misunderstood what you were saying in the original reply to oldflash. ;)

I have dl a new ver. of kotor tool and installed in different location than previous.

I start new one, and extract some mdl-ascii+textures on mdl doubleclick.

After that I start the old KT and do the same with same mdl and it was extract binary mdl and mdx files. So, for how long will be like this I'm happy. :)

Now it take me less than 1 min to extract 10 consecutives models to complete editing form. *.mdl-ascii, *.tga and binary *.mdl and *.mdx

Again, great tools.

Thanks

I have dl a new ver. of kotor tool and installed in different location than previous.

I start new one, and extract some mdl-ascii+textures on mdl doubleclick.

After that I start the old KT and do the same with same mdl and it was extract binary mdl and mdx files. So, for how long will be like this I'm happy. :)

Now it take me less than 1 min to extract 10 consecutives models to complete editing form. *.mdl-ascii, *.tga and binary *.mdl and *.mdx

Again, great tools.

Thanks

I'm curious what you're using the binary mdl and mdx files for?

Also, the current version can still just extract the files, without conversion; just select the file to extract and click the "Extract File" button.

I'm curious what you're using the binary mdl and mdx files for?

Also, the current version can still just extract the files, without conversion; just select the file to extract and click the "Extract File" button.

I use binary files to recompile modifyed ascii files with mdlops.

But,like I say, 1 KT for extracting in one step ascii models and textures and 1 KT for extracting in one step of binary mdl and mdx.

Nice

I use binary files to recompile modifyed ascii files with mdlops.

But,like I say, 1 KT for extracting in one step ascii models and textures and 1 KT for extracting in one step of binary mdl and mdx.

Nice

Sounds like I need a "don't clean up after conversion" checkbox on the extraction dialog box. :)

Archived