Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Fred I have a problem I am running Kotor Tool version 1.0.2201.41632 with mapinfo.bfd version I downloaded from your site just today and when I try to open 101Per in the module editor I get the error message "you have the map for this module, but the MapInfo file appears to be corrupt or out-of date."

I have the 101Per Large Map in my map folders if I look at maps supported it shows 101PER as small - Unsupported Large - Available.

If I delete the map from my map folder I get under maps supported 101PER as small - Unsupported Large - File Missing.

I tried both the autoinstall mapinfo.bfd and the manual install still nothing .

Also this is a fresh extract from the RIM file using extracting for module editing.

Thanks for doing at least some preliminary testing before posting; it always helps to see what you've tried.

I believe I've discovered the source of the problem and have added some code (over my lunch time) to fix it. I should be posting a new release soon.

<Edit>

A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Features/updates:

• Bug fix for problems loading certain module map configurations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently playing with the module editor and I have to say you did an amazing work, Fred! It's awesome :D

I have a little suggestion if it's possible : could you add the possibility to select various items to delete instead of having to delete items one by one when stripping down a module before adding new content? (example: being able to delete all the creatures at a time)

Being able to see to which part of the map each room corresponds would be great too (but I don't know if many other people would find it useful and it's probably not worth the trouble).

Darth333 When you use the Extract for Module editing you can uncheck what you do and don't want like creatures then it will ask you if you want to clean the git file of non extracted items and say yes and poof they are gone.

I agree with you on what is what that would be helpful to me also

Doh! :fist: I was clicking on the regular "extract" button...

Well after playing with the module editor for a bit longer, maybe I am missing something but I have a problem with the Z coordinate: no matter what, whenever I place a new placeable , it is set at 0. I have to go in the game and use the whereami armband to get it or my placeables don't show up.

The other thing is something that shouldn't be too much trouble: a "jump to line" function in the text editor would be great for when something is missing in a script at line 212 ;)

Doh! :fist: I was clicking on the regular "extract" button...

Well after playing with the module editor for a bit longer, maybe I am missing something but I have a problem with the Z coordinate: no matter what, whenever I place a new placeable , it is set at 0. I have to go in the game and use the whereami armband to get it or my placeables don't show up.

It does place things at zero by default, and there isn't any way for it to "know" what the correct Z values are for items since it doesn't know where the floor is. For flat levels, like 204tel, once you know the floor's Z, you're OK. On the other hand, places with ramps, like the Peragus asteroid exterior, are a lot more work. I have been thinking of putting either a set of text call outs on the maps for various areas, and encoding the most common Z value within the MapInfo.bfd.

The other thing is something that shouldn't be too much trouble: a "jump to line" function in the text editor would be great for when something is missing in a script at line 212 ;)

I'll look into it. Sometimes those simple seeming things can be hard :)

Btw Fred I noticed the Extract for module editing does not have an option for extracting the module items. I have to manually extract the items from the rim for that module (like 201TEL) items like quest items like ithorian shield. Even though items are not in the git it would be nice to allow items to be extracted if you want when extracting the module as if you don't have the items in your .mod file they will not exist in game. Just an observation.

Hey Fred, a while back I tried to combine a customised 262tel.git and the existing module, copying all the files etc etc, and the map wouldn't show up. I managed to get a text dump out of the module editor, which means it's not corrupt, but I just wanted to ask if there is any way to fix this.

If you'll email the .git file, I'll take a look and see if I can determine the cause of the problem.

Here's a look at a new feature in Kotor Tool to show special map information right on the map image itself in the Module editor without having to edit the map itself. This example shows two notes indicating the elevation of the platforms on the Peragus asteroid exterior to aid in item placement.

I might add the facility to allow users to contribute map info points to speed the annotation process.

mapnotedemo.jpg

I can't download KT from the tools website...keeps giving me an error about leech.php not being found. Any chance there's a mirror site or something that I can download KT from?

Edit: Oh sure...as soon as I implore to the depths for help the thing starts working... sheesh. I'll see if I can't figure this thing out now. :-D

I can't download KT from the tools website...keeps giving me an error about leech.php not being found. Any chance there's a mirror site or something that I can download KT from?

Edit: Oh sure...as soon as I implore to the depths for help the thing starts working... sheesh. I'll see if I can't figure this thing out now. :-D

Please be aware that download applications that hide referers, such as GetRight, GoZilla! and Download Accelerator Plus, will prevent you from downloading files on the Kotor Tool site.

Fred, I hate to bother you with this - seeing as how it is in regards to your webpage as opposed to the tool itself - but I still cannot download the latest version of KotOR Tool. As it did a couple of months ago, it does this:

Leech Attempt

Either a referer was not sent or it was from another domain. The attempt has been logged and action will be taken if necessary.

Please be aware that download applications that hide referers, such as GetRight, GoZilla! and Download Accelerator Plus, will prevent you from downloading files here.

It is recommended that you disable the download managers and use your browsers in-built downloader.

©2003-2006

Now either I am using a download accelerator without knowing it, or there is something wrong.

Here's a few screenshots from the upcoming release of Kotor Tool.

Updated to have a tool strip with all of the major editors/tools on it.

You can even reorder the menus and tool strip items to your liking and have their positions persisted.

ktoverall.jpg

Here's a look at the new menu design

ktnewmenus.jpg

Here's the new ERF / MOD Builder tool, substantially rewritten to make building resource files easier.

The combo box above the Add Directory button allows you to enter an initial path for browsing or select from one of the past 10 paths used.

erfboverall.jpg

The Builder now supports saving a "project" consisting of a set of files, output file, and output type.

The last 10 projects are available on the Recent Files menu

erfbmenus.jpg

There are a number of other updates I have made, which I will post the details for soon.

Archived