Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I edit paths with kotor tool? 2210.16738 just shows it, but not able to modify.

newszi, please do not spam the forum with the same request/question, I have deleted your other 2 posts in the KT Forum that you made today, one was off topic in the Fred Tetra Retuns thread as that topic is not about asking KT questions. You also need to find out the answer to this post before you make a feature request so that post you made in the requests thread was also deleted. If you find out that you cannot do as you ask then by all means make a request for that feature. ;) Thanks. -RH

If I remember correctly.. we are unable to edit walkmeshes as of yet...

Fred is/was experimenting with them, but rather than constantly nag him on his progress.. we figured we'd like Fred to work at his own pace instead of making him sick of hearing the word :xp:

Anyone... please correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment the walkmesh format hasn't been 'broken' yet..

Dose It Work With The Xbox Version Of SW: TSL

No, KotOR Tool is for editing the PC version of both games, you need the PC version of the game installed to use KotOR Tool. Happily some of the mods made for the PC will work on the XBox. ;) Of course if I misunderstood your question then please listen to the Stormtrooper...

"Move along, move along..." :trooper:

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Have you re-installed all of the winXP updates? Some of the early releases of XP did not ship with .NET 1.1 but later releases did. Of course that error is a new one for me. Usually you get an entirely different error message if it is missing .Net 1.1. Also you may want to download .NET 2.0 as I believe Fred mentioned previously that parts of the Module Editor use this. Here is a link to Freds mention of this above. -> http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2030099&postcount=1562

After taking a 2nd look at your error posted above it looks alot more like a memory error. You will get this sometimes if your RAM cache is full. This can also be an indicator of a RAM chip about to fail or at least part of it. Also bad sectors on your hard drive can produce these errors in particular those that windows uses for virtual memory.

These are just some possible reasons for the failure and by no means an absolute.

* Hey at least I didn't say to consult your computers users manual. ;)

All of the errors I'm seeing when I google this error show up as .NET issues. I've seen the same thing (with a slightly different number) when I try to run a custom app at work on a computer without .NET.

To verify, check Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel. "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1" and/or "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" should be listed. If it's not, it's not installed.

• 1 month later...
When it's done. :)

It won't be backward compatible as far as the .NET Framework is concerned. Apps written for 1.0 or 1.1 will run under 2.0, but not the other way around. I rewrote a number of parts of Kotor Tool to better use memory and to take advantage of features only available in the new framework.

I suggest downloading the .NET Framework 2.0 in the near future, so you're ready.

I believe that MS Vista was being upgraded to .NET Framework 3.0. It is all over their site.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=62057a6f-185f-41db-abe5-678f6fc388f0&displaylang=en

I believe that MS Vista was being upgraded to .NET Framework 3.0. It is all over their site.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=62057a6f-185f-41db-abe5-678f6fc388f0&displaylang=en

Yes but how many people are going to run out and switch to vista when it releases? Not to mention the .NET 3.0 is a Pre-release and people should avoid downloading it untill way after Vista does release. It also will not run on win 2000 operating sytems or older. Meanwhile .NET 2.0 still is designed to run on win ME & win 2000 and is barely out long enough on the market for any .NET developer's to quite be up to speed enough.

So for right now lets not bump Fred's thread over something that doesn't even relate to the reason Fred was updating part of KT to .NET 2.0. ;)

• 1 month later...

Greets all,

Is there an alternate site for d/l of the newest kotor tool ?? I can't seem to get my browser to send a referrel header to this site 'http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/' to get the current version. I'm currently running ver 1.0.1701 and I can't find the extract5-0 or nwnnsscomp plugins that I assume are built into the newest version..

HELP !!!

Greets all,

Is there an alternate site for d/l of the newest kotor tool ?? I can't seem to get my browser to send a referrel header to this site 'http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/' to get the current version. I'm currently running ver 1.0.1701 and I can't find the extract5-0 or nwnnsscomp plugins that I assume are built into the newest version..

HELP !!!

The link works ok. You probably have google toolbar or another pop-up blocker on. Try first holding down the CTRL key then clicking on it to download the file. Mine just downloaded fine. ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

The link works ok. You probably have google toolbar or another pop-up blocker on. Try first holding down the CTRL key then clicking on it to download the file. Mine just downloaded fine. ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

Nope to both, pop up blocker disabled- error 'leach attempt' on the d/l page.

no google toolbar installed either. I even pulled down my FW, and all security settings to minimun, same result. I just don't get it.

Finally got the new kotortool to D/L and installed it last night. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the 'included' MDLops to work. I had to export some stuff with this new kotortool, and do the MDL conversions with MDLops v 0.5 (which was d/l'd seperately for my old install of kotortool.

Whats the trick to get the newer version of MDLops (included in this ver of kotortool) to work ??

Whats the trick to get the newer version of MDLops (included in this ver of kotortool) to work ??

To be honest, I stick with the standalone MDLops rather than using KT for it.

I'll use KT to extract the model from the bins.. but I'll do my ASCII conversions/renaming/etc. from within MDLops itself.. ;)

To be honest, I stick with the standalone MDLops rather than using KT for it.

I'll use KT to extract the model from the bins.. but I'll do my ASCII conversions/renaming/etc. from within MDLops itself.. ;)

TY sir, i thought the new version would offer something 'new', but if if the stand alone version is good enough for you, I'll continue using mine 'as-is', as I run them the same way you do.

uhhh ok sorry but im kinda a newbie to KOTOR tool and i have been having problems installing it. gosh i try to do it myself and evrything gets srewed. What i attempted was to install Microsoft.Framework.NET it installed it but it didnt quite start the installation of KOTOR tool after i pressed "install" so if any of you or FRed can email me the exact documents that i have to download that would be great....my email is

[PM me] thanks!

Mod notice: Please do not post your email address on the forums, it only invites spam-bots harvesting email addresses. Use the PM system to give it to those who need it, or configure your profile to allow sending email to you. -mkb

Archived