Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone put a direct link for Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool here. I can't connect to the starwarsknights site, also the pcgamemods site is down as well. These are the only two sites that has the link to download the kotor tool. The one in filefront and fileplanet are too old and dont support .2da files. Please anyone, put a direct link for Fred Tetra's tool here.

• 4 weeks later...

What happens when you click on continue?

I used to get this error with an earlier version of KT and when I clicked on continue everything worked fine (at that time, the error I was getting was related to chitin.key file)

Edit: Did you install .net framework first?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I've very new myself, but I believe ".net" is an abbreviation for "Microsoft.NET Framework", which is required to run KT? I don't have it myself yet, but I thought I could answer the question.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but I was kind of getting back into Kotor 1 now, and was wondering if the Kotor tool is compatible with Windows Vista? I had a friend try installing it earlier and said that they got some error trying to install. As long as they have .net framework on their Vista machine, should it work?

peace

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'm sure this comes up somewhere in the forum, but I've not found it... Is there some sort of tutorial that explains how to use this tool?

I'm trying to look at the conversation trees in KotOR and I can't seem to load them up.

Also, does this tool show all the different branches of conversations in the same way that the Neverwinter Nights toolset does?

Thanks.

JMF

I can't even get the DLGEditor to open the dialog.tlk file...

when I double click on the dlgeditor_232 file... it automatically defaults to the SWKotOR folder where there is a dialog.tlk file, but it says

"The TSL dialog.tlk was not detected. Some dialog options will not be available. You may press Ctrl-T at anytime to manually change the dialog.tlk paths."

okay... so I figured that maybe I need the KotOR dialog.tlk file (English) from the same page that the DLGEditor was on... I download that and put it in the same area as the dlgeditor_232 file... I unzip it (and also leave the zip folder in there just in case)... I hit Ctrl-T and direct the DLGEditor tool to the recently downloaded DIALOG.tlk file and it gives me the exact same message...

So... i have no idea what to do... I'm supposed to be able to see the actual dialog from the KotOR game, right?

JMF

Are you doing any TSL dialog editing? If not, then you can safely ignore that message and work with KotOR dialogs.

There are two different dialog.tlk files for the two different games and there are features in TSL dialogs that are not supported in KotOR. Note that dialog.tlk files are simply the master list of every line spoken in the game but have no tree-branch organization. For that you need .dlg files.

To view a dialog tree, you have to extract the *.dlg files from the RIMs and/or from the template.bif.

See dlgeditor_readme.txt (section: Using DLGEditor) for more information.

Further questions regarding DLGEditor should be directed to the T3M4 forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know that this thread hasn't been active in a LONG time, but my KOTOR Tool isn't working right... Whenever I start the program, it tells me that...

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xa04 (2564), Thread id=0xa78 (2680).

Click OK to terminate the applcation.

Click CANCEL to debug the application."

When I try to debug, it tells me that...

"Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xf54

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.

Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request."

HELP!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm also having some difficulty with my kotor tool. I have .Net Framework installed, and my K Tool was working as recently as yesterday, however, all of a sudden, whenever I click on the application I get an error message along the lines of "System.InvalidOperationException" The actual message spans about a paragraph, and it won't let me copy and paste it here.

When I click continue, it brings me to the K Tool, but without the dropdown menus for Knights 1 or The Sith Lords. The area is just blank.

I tried going to manage paths, but I get the same error message, and it just begins a loop, so if I click "continue" the error message comes up again and again.

Now, I haven't renamed, moved or deleted any files associated with .Net Frameworks, or K Tool. In fact, I just did a reinstall of both of them, and I still get the error message.

Before this, K Tool worked fine.

I'm thinking of reinstalling it again, though I'm not sure how much that would help, if my earlier reinstall didn't do anything :\

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm also having some difficulty with my kotor tool. I have .Net Framework installed, and my K Tool was working as recently as yesterday, however, all of a sudden, whenever I click on the application I get an error message along the lines of "System.InvalidOperationException" The actual message spans about a paragraph, and it won't let me copy and paste it here.

When I click continue, it brings me to the K Tool, but without the dropdown menus for Knights 1 or The Sith Lords. The area is just blank.

I tried going to manage paths, but I get the same error message, and it just begins a loop, so if I click "continue" the error message comes up again and again.

Now, I haven't renamed, moved or deleted any files associated with .Net Frameworks, or K Tool. In fact, I just did a reinstall of both of them, and I still get the error message.

Before this, K Tool worked fine.

I'm thinking of reinstalling it again, though I'm not sure how much that would help, if my earlier reinstall didn't do anything :\

Any help would be appreciated.

This is exactly what happened to me!

• 11 months later...

Dear 2012,

I found a download for Kotor tool v1.0.2210.16738 : http://darthnihilus.ucoz.ua/load/igry/sw_kotor_i/important_kotor_tool/64-1-0-274

Hit the download from server link at the top. You'll be redirected to a page full of Russian. Click the button on the left to start the download.

You may also be interested in this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210702 where it is described how to get Kotor tool v1.0.2210.16738 to recognize that Kotor2:TSL is installed.

If you are going to edit scripts, this may be helpful: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;54513

Hope this helped,

TimeTraveler

Archived