Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Fred, got a suggestion that occurred to me a while ago:

How about a small wizard for the 2DA editor, that if you're editing appearance.2da, you can type in a head number and a tag, and it will automatically create three rows of appearances for a PC. If you can do this I'd be glad to send you some example files of what a finished product should look like in case you don't know (doubtful, heh).

Shimaon

Sure, send them along. Right now, I am concentrating on the Module Editor, but if it something that could be done quickly, I might squeeze it in.

A few things recently added to KT:

The image viewer can now create a .TXI file from the image info text when you save an image file to disk

More descriptions added for some resources that I've figured out.

The module editor can now create and edit Triggers, which can be used to activate a script when a player enters it, or to place a trap, such as plasma mine. You can also reshape and move a Trigger once it has been created.

Originally posted by wrongo

Do you planning some tlk or dialog edit tool?

I second that. Not that I have plans to translate the entire Kotor dialogue files but simply because there is no good dialogue editor yet, especially when we want to add new lines to existing files.

Is it part of your plans Fred?

Anyways, even if its not, KT is already a great tool. Thanks for all your work.

I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent tool you have created to help enhance this already great game. I modified Jedi outcast a bit but this is all new to me. Your tool has made it both simple and enjoyable and is quite easy to use.

Take Bow Fred you deserve it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grnbounc:

Hey Fred,

I thought I'd just poke my head in and see how things are coming. I never got an email back from you, you got that 2DA file I sent you, right? If so, have you tried a hand at making the wizard?

Also, I'm astounded with what you have in it so far, so I wanna ask, what other features are you going to add to the Area Editor before you release it?

Thanks for a great editing tool,

Shimaon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fred, I have a request. Could you make KT scan override, when the files start getting into the 400 to 500 range it can get a little disorganized. So if you could add that to the next version when you get back to it.

I know it seems like we are always asking you to add something new and not giving anything back to ya, So if there is something I could do for just ask. Im sure there are other modders around here that would attempt any mod requests you have.

Oh and the second thing is this thread is getting little big. so when I get some time I'll trim it down abit for you. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

Hmmm, this version actually works for me again, I hadn't tried any of the versions between when I crashed whenever I tried to open a 2da file that I'd extracted and now. I guess I'll start modding KOTOR seriously again...

Hey :) it will be great to see more of your work WC :)

Archived