Home

WIP: Custom Model Pack

ksk h2o

Rasin That's looking very good... if you add some metallic texture to part of the armor I think it will look really good.

You know there is one of the heads... I forgot which one, that has a face inside the helmet.

I had made that head for two purposes, one was to make the mask out of glass so it looks like the guy has a glass see through visor through which you can see his face, and the other was to skin the same mask portion as a kendo mask. With the proper shader one could make that mesh partially see through. So through the metal wires that make up the kendo mask, one could see the face inside.

I don't have the model on the computer which I am on right now, but I will post 3dsmax screenies with transparecy on and givye you the head mesh's letter... tomorrow =)

InsaneSith... I got myself one of those graphic tablets to see if tht will help with my horrible skinning abilities... I;m working onthe shader for your ninja skin. I am also trying my hand at an experimental add on to your texture... I;m trying to see if I can add folds to the textures to make it look like the garment gives away some of the anatomy details of the body it supposedly covers.... If I ever get that finished I'll send you the sample so you can tell me what you think of the idea.

I'm really happy you guys are participating in this project and are doing the skinning, as now I know that the pack will actually be a collective effort and will definitely offer something very valuable.

Thanks to you guys again,

=)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rasin That's looking very good... if you add some metallic texture to part of the armor I think it will look really good.

I can't do shaders at all X.x but I can tryand make it look more metalic

I was thinking of making a Camo version too, whichwould be real easy

Edit>>

camocop.jpg

can you tell how many are in the picture?

I can add shaders to the textures without a problem.

But the base texture needs to have higlights. If you take a look at malak's skins and look at the torso textrures ending with _spec you will see what I mean.

If the base texture has highlights, I can make specular textures for them and use it in the shading. So for example you need to already have high brightness areas on your textures to show me where you want the paex of the shine.

Malak's toso skin for example has a few bright spots on his chest. Kind of like someone took a photo of a shiny object. The shine is static but it's there. Then in specular textures, one accentuates this shine to make it stronger and uses this high contrast image as a specular map.

It is very hard to do shiny textures for a base skin that has almost no metallic shine or texture to it. I could use environment mapping like in grayfox, but that will look VERY shiny and applies to everywhere one uses that texture. So if you want part of the body to be shiny but part of it not to... given the current texture sets that are in the pack, it would not be possible to use environment mapping.

Long story short, add bright spots on your base texture to make it look like a static image of a shiny object. Try to make it so the bright ness gradually envelopes and blends into the rest of the texture so it looks natural... I know, MUCH easier said than done =)

Nice skin Rasin, there are 4 and a guy? well, here is how is going my ninja, ksk, maybe is just me but when i choose ingame the ninja head it appears the ninja and the samurai head together and the same with the torso :S

danadn-ninja.jpg

BTW: how you make weapons appear at ModView :confused:

That is looking awesome Light Ninja!

I think the .skin files may be messed up if both heads and torso's appear it might be bcecause those surfaces are not turned off in those .skin files.

Mad Cow, the Grayfox model is basically the same with minor tweaks, but it's re-rigged to the right skeleton thins time. =)

So when are we looking for this to come out? I loved the Gray Fox model, and I can't wait for these to come out.

And when I say "when are they coming out," I mean how much is done, and how much are you planning to do, and how long will it take you at this current speed (if you understand all that :p)

Well, myself, I only have like 2 skins kinda done, lol. I've beenbusy lately >.>

and about the metalic glare, should there be a spevific angle the light's coming from? or should I make it look like he's sirrounded by lights

shinecop.jpg

that good?

Originally posted by LightNinja

Nice skin Rasin, there are 4 and a guy? well, here is how is going my ninja, ksk, maybe is just me but when i choose ingame the ninja head it appears the ninja and the samurai head together and the same with the torso :S

danadn-ninja.jpg

BTW: how you make weapons appear at ModView :confused:

I made a tutorial for setting up and using ModView including adding weapons.

You can find it on http://www.jedimoves.com under the how to section or diretlcy at the link below. http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/...ow/modview.html

I hope this helps.

Dog

Some pointers: Just because the image maps are 512x512, it doesn't mean the skins have to be that size. You can create textures in 1024x1024 to add more detail. I'm working on some skins myself anf they sure are 1024 format.

I've seen that both the ninja mesh and the samurai mesh have some really screwy weighing. Now that there is a skin on them, you can see the problems. I'm fixing the wieghing of these meshes.

Also I've updated the Mapping of these two meshes as well. There were some errors. The ninja's torso did not map very well, and the samurai mesh had various issues. For example the part underneath the torso's folding armor were not mapped right, also the pad segments (the things he has on the arms and legs) had some problems at the joints... etc etc. This shouldn't affect the existing skins. only the smaurai torso has some big tweaks, but all that needs to do be done to the existing skins is just displacing and scaikng existing textures. No need to re-skin anything thank god.

As for a finish time... it looks like only torso B is left without a skin. And we need to finish up these meshes, work on shaders etc etc etc.. at this time it is impossible to tell WHEN it will be done. This is all done on every ones spare time, and that can be very variable. It could take a month, it could take a week, it could take two months, nobody knows. We can only be somewhat sure once the major stuff is done and once a release is a week or so away. Right now were are not at that stage yet, so it's going to be a little while I think.

Thanks for poiniting that out... I'll look into it.

Heh... licky.... yes I like that one too... not a conceptual creation of mine. I saw it as a HUGE gif and made it into a small flash... I could probably convert it to a gif so people couls use it in posts.

My personal favorie there is kitty and squirrel.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Spider Man!!!! w00t! real easy skin ,only heads so far

spiderfox.jpg

updates

spiderfox4.jpg

added texture tothe Original Spider-Man's mask

spiderfox2.jpg

made what I like to call 'Modern Day Russian Ninja Sniper' made this image bright so you could see, I was thinking I(well, not I, but someone else) could put a shader on the eyes

8e5d1805.jpg

Should the white of the eyes go up to a point at the outer corners?

Here's a sample picture to show what I mean.

Spider-Man

I like the way everything's looking, the eyes just seem a little off. It looks really cool! Good job! :)

I see what Crowy means with the color of the head as well.

Well, there's a bump for the eye's and the white is that whole thing, AND I was going for the comic book look, so if I was going for perfection the eyes would be much larger and cover most of the head

and about the shade of blue ,yes it's different ,but I've fixed that since these screens.

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

Well, there's a bump for the eye's and the white is that whole thing, AND I was going for the comic book look, so if I was going for perfection the eyes would be much larger and cover most of the head

and about the shade of blue ,yes it's different ,but I've fixed that since these screens.

Okay, that's cool. :cool: I was just curious. Very awesome skin!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm not dead. The project is NOT dropped or dead. It just hit a speed bump. Both work wise I am on a project that has a deadline, needs to be completed soon, and also system wise: my computer died. The data is safe. I just don't have a decent computer to work on. Definitely not one where I can run 3ds max on right now. So untill either my existing system is fixed, or I get myself a new computer, I'll have to drool over the skins that Rasin, Insane Sith and Light Ninja have put together.

I was workign on some skins myself and was fixing some of the wieghing/mapping problems in the model when my system went buh bye (long story). I'm in my third or so week of trying to get my **** back together, this is taking a long time.

The spidey skin looks great Rasin. Hopefully I'll have an error free mesh you can put thos awesome skins on. And hopefully I will be able to post some screenies of some of the skins I've been working on.

Originally posted by ksk h2o

Hi everyone,

I'm not dead. The project is NOT dropped or dead. It just hit a speed bump. Both work wise I am on a project that has a deadline, needs to be completed soon, and also system wise: my computer died. The data is safe. I just don't have a decent computer to work on. Definitely not one where I can run 3ds max on right now. So untill either my existing system is fixed, or I get myself a new computer, I'll have to drool over the skins that Rasin, Insane Sith and Light Ninja have put together.

I was workign on some skins myself and was fixing some of the wieghing/mapping problems in the model when my system went buh bye (long story). I'm in my third or so week of trying to get my **** back together, this is taking a long time.

The spidey skin looks great Rasin. Hopefully I'll have an error free mesh you can put thos awesome skins on. And hopefully I will be able to post some screenies of some of the skins I've been working on.

sounds great. Glad to here you're alive and well. :)

Archived