Home

Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Elite Jedi

Originally posted by Craftsman

Please mention all the features u hope will be included in SWBF and hopefully the devs will also take notice :)

I'll start

1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

Cheers

I'm not sure what the devs can do about this, but what about a MP community that doesnt whine like a pack of 12 year old girls because it turns out to be *different* than 1942..... (which has become the bane of the JA community)

Im not really sold on this game...Im dead tired of JA, and Ive had my fun in KOTOR. I really want a space combat sim, rebel strike on the cube is OK.... but I want the real thing like good ole XW/Tie fighter days !!!!

MTFBWYA

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in BF1942, there was something that always bothered me. There would be vehicles that took 2 people to get it working correctly but then when lets say a guy in an artillery take kills a few guys, only the gunner gets credit for the kill. Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?

Originally posted by DarkLord_44

Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?

In SWB, though, the pilto can shoot the weapons in most vehicles. Gunners only get secondary weapons.

Originally posted by Craftsman1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

No! God, no. I'll be playing in a PS2, and if the cross-platform rumors are correct, modding could screw up everything. Unless, of course, you only play mod games on a dedicated server.

Anyway, my list:

1.) Strafing runs in an X-Wing (please give me proton torps!)

2.) Interactive landscape. Not so much like blowing up trees, but more like climbing rocks and hiding in bushes.

3.) Nighttime maps. Real-time might be an issue for players in separate time zones, but how about a host option to make the map at night...?

4.) And yes, I want realistic action, such as 2-or-3-hit kills. Of course, armor power-ups should be included.

Can you tell I'm a SOCOM junkie?

-- Lingo

I hope that the soldiers really are as diverse as they say they are. I'd also like to see multiple versions of TIE fighters, especially the TIE Interceptor.

I think the game will have enough stuff to make it different from Battlefield. The special ability feature and the special attacks for each side really have potential. The dream ability for me would be to call in a Jedi for the Republic and have it be Yoda. I mean, how cool would that be?

Well, as everyone has said, don't suck.

As I'm not very original, and I have a copy of PC Gamer with me, I might as well (attempt) to answer some questions. Firstly, it'd be too memory intensive to have EVERY planet in the game. Thay'll have the ones that featured memorable battles, or would be good places for ones, such as Endor, Geonosis and Kamino. Once a planet is beaten, it is removed from the game.

On planets, there will be NPC help. So, on Endor, the rebels WILL be assisted by the Ewoks. While, on Tatooine, the Tusken Raiders will kill anyone. This'll be fun.

Sometimes, you can call in a famous person to help you. So, Imperials can call down Vader to help. Rebels take Luke, Republic get Windu and Confeds gain Dooku. I think.

If the Imperials hold a certain planet for long enough, they can get the Death Star to destroy ONE planet, removing it from the game. No fuss.

Oh, OK, I thought of somethings by myself.

1: If you must, take longer making the PC version, so that you don't have to screw it up for PS2 owners.

2: Include Sam and Max. Oh wait, they always do that anyway. Well, ET then.

Ewoks + hang glider + throwing rocks

An AT AT that's scaled to the right size....

Battle of HOTH

It'd also be nice to have monster npc's as obsticles for a team to get over such as a rancor or a kell dragon

Oh... and it'd be nice to have reasonable damage considering what weapon you're using. I hate games where it takes 20+ shots to kill someone with a rifle...

yep according to ign.com's article its 64 player on lan and 32 on internet for pc and 16 on internet and 32 on lan for ps2 and xbox. 32 sounds like a big enough number to me, as long as the map sizes are right. 16 people in jedi academy multiplayer works great because of the maps. thinking about it i hope there multiple maps for each world. like naboo having a palace area map, a swamp area, and a field.

at least its not like 16 for the consoles. thank you mmmpie!!! for the enthusiasm for the idea, but looking at interviews and pics so far it doesn't seem likely. right now i'm hoping for complete balance or something to create an almost equal amount of each class being used because i kinda get annoyed that in seige in ja that some of the classes become useless because there special ability doesn't help out as much as it could. oh yeah and to quote a movie that's pretty good, "guns. lots of guns"

Originally posted by Sounds Risky

It's a shame about the 64 player support only on LAN. 32 is fine, but 64 is even better.

It depends. It might be really laggy on 64 players and some situation may make it worse. Such as you being stuck in the lousy newbie team...fighting 16 opponents is better then fighting 32 of them...

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

Personal weapons that aren't pure ****. Like in BF1942, where everyone whores the vehicles 'cuz that's the only fun.

You haven't played BF1942 a lot right? Guns + Vehicles are what we should seek. It was well made in BF1942 but of course when you have a gun and you're facing a tank you're gonna get killed. Don't expect to survive an encounter with an AT-AT with your simple blaster.

I hope that Battlefront, has certain areas or wepeons that give the player a advantage over the vehicle. The advantage may come from higher ground or from weopen that disables (not destroy) vehicles long enough to give u a head start to get away from them. (Place mines around the disabled vechicle is also perferred) :) That should really make the game balanced. Although vehices should be more powerfull that the average trooper, the trooper should have something up his sleave to even things out from time to time.

Of course, that's why in BF1942 you can use grenades on tanks.

And the most obvious advantage for the infantry would be in deep jungles or urban settings where the agility of the infantry would allow them to ambush vehicles quite easily.

There's also the "weak spots" on the vehicles. Like the light tank's rear armor in BF1942. One bazooka round and it blows up.

Archived