Home

Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Elite Jedi

agree to eastcoast2895, would be nice. but then you'd need to take these extra pilots from the ground battles, and as far as i know, this is supposed to be a ground battle game...

of course i also want to have some air vehicles on every map, but not too much. maybe it is possible to have a little movie inbound to the sky-textures? i think this was a fine solution.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see more planets from the Star Wars movies.

I know they mention about 7 or 8 planets already Such as Tatoonie, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, Geonosis, Naboo. I would hope Kashyyyk is available. I assume the rest of the planets that have not been released are new planets from episode III. I would like to have Dagobah, Bespin, Courscant, and Alderran maps. If it is possible, I would also like to see Ord Mantell, Dantoonie, Kessel, Mon Calamari, and maybe Corellia.

Let's hope they don't cancel the Playstation 2 version of Star Wars Battlefront in the future. I just heard they canceled Sam and Max Freelance Police on PC. It was suppose to be the sequel to the original game. Heck, Lucasarts canceled Full Throttle 2 last year and Star Wars Galaxies for PS2 and X-box also.

1) a space battle map! with alliance cruisers and star destroyers.

like, flying to the other ship, repelling boarders, hijacking TIEs, boarding the opponents ship, stuff like that.

2) capture the flag

3) Playable Trandoshans!

4)AI characters on every map (except ofcourse the space map if they're gonna make it.)

:ewok: wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ewoks!

i want the game to be well designed most of all, not slow moving infantry, and just all around good physics

smooth movent is a must, for both ships and infantry. I think a good movent style for a game is something like Call of Duty. that is one of the best FPS i have ever played, movent is great. ships i want to NOt be chopy to move in, bf1942 had it down right with the tanks. O and i hope the AT AT's arnt all tiny and stuff!!!!!! i want them to be HUGE!! like in the movies and how there supposed to be.

1: PunkBuster Support to stop those annoying cheaters!

2: Allow vehicles to run over/step on infantry and have the infantry be crushed REALISTICALLY! It really annoys me when they just fall down!

3: Mod tools! 'Nuff said.

4: Pilots should be able to commandeer enemy vehicles. I would love to be a rebel pilot, invade an AT-AT, kill the imperial pilot, and us the AT-AT against the Imperials. :atpilot::snip2:

5: When you kill an enemy or teamkill with explosives, there should be gibs! Ok, just kidding on that one.:D

6: It shoud be fast paced, but if my expected life span is five seconds, I am going to scream!

7: It has to be fun!

I agree with Doomgiver on the space battles map!

Like, each side had a large battleship (trade fed cruiser, whatever the republic has, star destroyer, mon cal star cruiser) as a home base, that was moveable like the carriers in BF1942. Each also has gun-turrets that can be manned. And they have fighters too, and the only way to get from one ship to the other was through the fighters (i.e. space in between the ships is lethal to infantry). then you could have special boarding transports that need to be protected, or bombers, or other support cap ships (frigates and destroyers) and the object of the map is either to destroy the other ship, or maybe get a landing party to destroy a key internal system! would be one hell of a space battle!

Originally posted by Dr.Davidson

id also like to have sort of "what-if" maps such as where not rebels vs. empire or clones vs. droids but maybe rebels vs. clones...

:(

No thanks, that would ruin the idea of two ages. The nice thing about the game is you could play the big fights in star wars.

1) Pilots should be able to throw their teammates out of a vehicle when they want to pilot it (what purpose has a pilot when it vcan't pilot something?).

2) Not to fast please, I think that would ruin the tactical aspect.

3) No radar (yes I've said it before).

4) Good adventages for the 'teamplayers'. Good enough to let a player choose another character in place of it's favourite one incase there are already enough of them in the game.

5) The stats of each player to be seen by all. You should be able to see what a players favourite character is and how good a player is with different characters (there should be some point-system, only awarding kills isn't fair because some characters aren't good at killing). You should also been able to see how many team members someone has killed in his last game and the ability for a server to block all people who have killed to much in their last game. That way, a player who likes it to murder his own team :mad: will have to crate a new char, and all his stats will be gone (hehehehe ;) )

6) No team switching while playing, in Halo it hapens sometimes that al players join the stronger team.

And I'm not sure about this: Should you be forced to play with the team that has less players? Of course it's nice if you could play with your favourite team, but as you could see in another thread, the republic is much more popular then the seperatists. It would be unfair if the seperatist were outnumbered.

• 3 months later...

I hope the teamkilling is controlled... Has anyone else seen these childish TKers? You accidently shoot their health off a bit, or you accidently kill them. When respawning, they avenge you by TKing you ten times in a row, while all you did was just damaging them.

I had this happening on me, and then I was accused of lying and teamkilling. All we needed was an abusive admin command and we had JO in a nutshell!

My wishlist is too see most if not all the types of empire troops from IV, V, and VI. I am sorta hoping there is a chance we will see Imperial Navy Troopers or the Death Star Troopers(ones with the all black helmets.) I believe those troops were in Episode IV for sure. Episode IV just have the death star troopers that controlled the laser.

Originally posted by Master William

I hope the teamkilling is controlled... Has anyone else seen these childish TKers? You accidently shoot their health off a bit, or you accidently kill them. When respawning, they avenge you by TKing you ten times in a row, while all you did was just damaging them.

I had this happening on me, and then I was accused of lying and teamkilling. All we needed was an abusive admin command and we had JO in a nutshell!

There also are players who are just killing other ones fof fun. Accidents can happen, but you know when a real teamkiller is around.

If the devs visit this forum and just scan this topic they would see that 80% of the fans are asking for the same things.

1. Increased variety and versatility.

(More choices on skins and classes)

2. More logical item inventory for classes.

(namely the pilot and smuggler for the rebs. Pilots shouldn't be mechanics and medics.)

3. Realistic but fun action.

(having it take 4-5 blasts to kill a single troop won't be fun)

As for my wish list its the same as I'm preached in 5 other topics.

1. More classes OR the ability to make your own weapon loadout.

Have the weapons directly effect a characters running speed but force them to choose items from each category (primary, secondary and special). Then the greedy would get weighed down by heavy weapons and be powerful but slow. This could work for every faction even the droids. Keep the Droideka & Super as specific classes but have standard droids with a choice of weapons.

2. A wide range of uniforms.

Simple color variations on certain parts of the player's skin would be great and not too difficult. Imp officers with grey or black uniforms. Stormtroopers with a choice in colored shoulder pads, like the sandtroopers. Vanguard troops with a choice in skin tone and colored vests. Reb scouts male or female. Reb pilots in orange, green or red flight suits. Battle droids dirty, clean or rank insignia markings. Smuggler, have the wookiee with hair color variations. Or better yet a 2nd model of another alien very humanlike to make it easy to model. Bring back the Bothan!!! When it gets to the clone troopers it doesn't matter too much, now does it?

3. Have good terrain on the countryside maps. Not a flat and level playing field. Contours, hills and valleys so that its just not a slug fest and who spawns first with a sniper rifle wins.

4. don't put stupid team avatars above players' heads. If you can't figure out your team by the uniform you shouldn't be playing.

5. Space battles.

6. Lots of useful server settings.

7. This one is the pie in sky but... a map setting randomizer.

What? Let me explain. Instead of playing a map and having it the same every time what about if the spawn locations changed or the flags positions switched. Granted it wouldn't be logical on every map. More interesting would be weather conditions. Play Endor 1 round and its mid-day then next round its late afternoon. The sky went from bright blue to a dark with reddish hue.

*Operation Flashpoint did those things. You could actually see the moon rise on occasions. Very cool.

That's all for now.

Thanks. There is a good sense of community here, after seeing the same usernames all the time you learn who's passionate about the game. I also like that all the concepts and ideas aren't without logic and justification.

Here's somethings I forgot.

8. A good multiplayer server browser.

One which shows you the server's settings (FF on or off, number of tickets, time limit or even map rotation).

9. A decent "non-obtrusive" ingame voting system.

Give players the ability to vote for maps or kick players but don't make the graphic interface take up your entire screen. BF1942's system is OK but the notices are huge and detract from the game. Make vote notices small and situate them near the main HUD.

10. Give players the ability to set the ingame kill messages and chat size.

Again this to put the attention on the game and not what people are chatting about in the game.

11. a logical damage system for the vehicles and players.

For instance, make certain parts of an AT-ST weaker that others. A rocket hit to the leg, though difficult to do, should bring down the AT-ST. Where as one to the Turret body though easier to hit would only do 1/2-2/3 damage.

Speeder bikes hulls should take more damage than the thin, flemsy steering forks.

At the same time head shots should be instant kills while torso would maybe do 1/2-2/3 damage and limb hits only 1/3.

You get the idea.

12. If the scout battle droid can call "orbital strikes" then they should have an added restriction.

I'm guessing an orbital strike is an SW version of artillery only minus the 2nd player which would fire the rounds which the scout spots. So what's to keep you from laying next to an ammo recharge and spamming "strikes"? I say force the scout to remain still and paint the target until the strike comes in. Calling it on the run won't work and calling it and moving will break the signal. Then provide a 6-8 second pause before another strike maybe called in. You could even have a clever sound bite say "One moment... our laser batteries are recharging." They could even build in code which calculates if the player is at the same location or with a small radius and calls in multiple strikes the time between each gets longer and longer. That forces the player expose themself and get in the game.

13. ???

I'm out for now.

Archived