Home

WIP: Trees and POD racers

lauser

Ehhh...as soon as my accociate gets my screens uploaded I will post them here. No one makes the simple models anymore. But I need new TREE models for my ENDOR SIEGE map. Pahricida is also making some for his map but, mine look better.j/k :p

I'm also in the process of making STATIC MD3 models of POD racers. I would LOVE to make them into GLMs but I don't know how (Using MILKSHAPE) My 3DS Max 6 is coming in the mail.

Now the POD racers will not fire. They are obviously for racing only or just to spruce up a map. Has anyone here made anything like I'm making? Or even in the process of making some? If so can I have a look see?

I will update ASAP.

Pahricida.....if you see this I may need you to convert the MD3 over for me if thats possible. UNLESS I get 3DS Max soon and do it on my own. I just read a thread about MILKSHAPE and it says there is no exporter for GLMs. Which does NOT make sense considering there is an IMPORTER!! I think that importers/exporters go together don't you? So apparently we have to wait for version 2.0 for the exporter. I have 1.7. :(

Originally posted by A-WingPilot

if someone would make Boonta Eve, with a base where you can look to the game, and a hangar, where the podracers are, no? An I'm not making any podracer, because I can't.:mad:

That would be a perfect map to make and easy to make it accurate because they just need to use Racer Revenge game.

Originally posted by lauser

Pahricida.....if you see this I may need you to convert the MD3 over for me if thats possible. UNLESS I get 3DS Max soon and do it on my own. I just read a thread about MILKSHAPE and it says there is no exporter for GLMs. Which does NOT make sense considering there is an IMPORTER!! I think that importers/exporters go together don't you? So apparently we have to wait for version 2.0 for the exporter. I have 1.7. :(

It's not that simple, you know. You need to put all those bones and tags and export it to xsi and all.

Milkshape can't do that.

Originally posted by lauser

Yeah but an MD3 model is just triangles. I'm sure it can be converted to a GLM model with animations...no?

yes it is possible to convert a md3 model to a gla, but its not that easy. a glm model only works if its linked to gla animation file. so if you use an glm exporter from milkshape or the modview glm export method the file isnt linked to a gla. also a vehicle model needs a animation file altough it has no animtions. right now vehicles can only be created using 3ds max 4.X or 5.X export the file as XSI then convert it with assimilate tool to glm and gla files.

btw, i have a sebulbas pod racer in the work and some other in very early stage. we could share our work for the best results, i can give some help how to make your md3 to vehicles. what you say?

DUNCAN....My 3DS Max is now available to me. So I will start modelling with that. I am still new to modelling but I think I'm getting better. Yes..lets get together on the POD racer design. I think this model will be a ton of FUN.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I saw it, good, only the thing where sebulba must sit in, is a bit strange, but the rest is very good

So Boonta Eve will going to be FFA and JKR.

Don't forget the elevators, where qui-gon is looking to the race.

Maybe he can make a bar inside the tribune, as a base.

And another idea: tusken raiders?

Ciao.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived