Home

9800 pro

kingdomwinds

mine is the 128mb version. so far my opinions are mixed. i get like 90fps at 1280 by 1084 with 4x aa in jedi academy. but when there are alot of effects like force pull, drain, lots of ppl, my frame rates jerk. suddenly drop to 30 and back to 90 and its annoying. i have the latest drivers and the card itself is installed correctly. any suggestions?

Just bought a Radeon 9600XT and it wouldn't boot correctly. Kept giving me "failure to find .dll" which is a sign that the system is recognizing the RAM or the GART (AGP) isn't configured properly...

I changed every possible setting, updated the GART, reconfiged (flashed) the BIOS, and still no luck. It's on it's way back to newegg as we speak. I'll just stick with the GeForce cards, never had a problem with them.

/shrugs

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

All i can say getting 128 MB is your best bet, 256 is an overkill, it may or may not improve performance.

The extra mb is used for details usually(for instance, you cannot set the general textures in CoD to maximum if you only have 128 mb). However, (luckily, I suppose) I cannot notice the difference between high and maximum details in CoD so it isnt much of a problem for me.

But the 9800 Pro is extremely good. I can get 40+ fps with everything on high, with 4XAA and 16Xaf in CoD.

Originally posted by kingdomwinds

Tyrion, you also own a 9800 pro 128mb? Yeah i noticed it does not perform that well with very high tex.

Yeah, I sure do. Very high textures arent very important for me though. I cant really notice the differences when I'm trying to dodge getting my head blown off.:p

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Umm, i have a question, is the ATI Radeon 9600XT DirectX 9.0b compatible? I need to know so that I can start playing Empires: Dawn of the Modern World with the right AGP card.

I have that card, and i haven't had any problems ;)

Archived